Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dixie Carter tweeted today that TNA is bringing out a new online video service for fans who cannot order TNA PPVs on TV. The service will start with Bound for Glory.

Hopefully it will be cheaper then getting a PPV on your TV since that cost way to much to get a PPV by yourself.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Didnt they try this already early this year for 15 bucks? I remember a ton of complaining about the stream and then they stopped doing it.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
I wish that TNA would get the PPVs out earlier in the UK. They didn't renew Bravo 2's contract for some reason, gave them to a service which barely anyone gets on Monday and then out to Extreme Sports on Friday. Really annoying, no wonder I end up staying up for a few PPVs.

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,967 Posts
*COUGH*...ROH...*COUGH*

This is coming from a company that hates internet fans and doesn't care about PPVs (because they're dead) according to every interview you read.

It's about time they woke up. Hopefully nobody gets screwed out of their money by the usual shoddy service.

·
The Middle Rope
2,451 Posts
Nice! Can finally buy PPV's in the UK =] i new they tried this before but the streams were garbage.

They should lock the streams regionally so only people outside of the U.S can buy them from the website, this way it will not effect their general DirecTV buy rates.

I will definitely be buying BFG online!

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Nice! Can finally buy PPV's in the UK =] i new they tried this before but the streams were garbage.

They should lock the streams regionally so only people outside of the U.S can buy them from the website, this way it will not effect their general DirecTV buy rates.

I will definitely be buying BFG online!
Not all of us have satellite/Cable or a tv because of the internet.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
*COUGH*...ROH...*COUGH*

This is coming from a company that hates internet fans and doesn't care about PPVs (because they're dead) according to every interview you read.

It's about time they woke up. Hopefully nobody gets screwed out of their money by the usual shoddy service.
u do realize this for over sea fans right? and where does roh have to do with tna :no:

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
ROH has been doing worldwide iPPVs all year.
seems like all you talk about is how great ROH is on a TNA board.....:rolleyes: Good for them!

Anyways, TNA should have had this for EVERYONE period hopefully this is the case with This news. I Hope the price is around 15 dollars because that is a price i would pay.

p.s. EDIT. Dumb move for it to be only overseas..

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,967 Posts
and your point? tna has been doing online ppv stream off and on for years before roh FAIL with ppv and had to get stream ppv for the 1500 fans :rolleyes:
That are more profitable than TNA PPVs.

ROH had never tried live PPV until the iPPVs btw so there is no comparison to be made there. The pre-recorded PPVs were a massive flop, that is true, but TNA certainly weren't streaming PPVs "off and on for years before" those ROH shows because live streaming has only existed for around three years, and those PPVs began in 2007. Please don't lie to make your flaming look credible.

TNA, with a bottomless pit of money and a squadron of researchers, have only just realised that the internet is king and TV is an inefficient dying format. It just so happens to correlate with the relative success of ROH's use of the same format. That's just a fact I've decided to point out.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
That are more profitable than TNA PPVs.

ROH had never tried live PPV until the iPPVs btw so there is no comparison to be made there. The pre-recorded PPVs were a massive flop, that is true, but TNA certainly weren't streaming PPVs "off and on for years before" those ROH shows because live streaming has only existed for around three years, and those PPVs began in 2007. Please don't lie to make your flaming look credible.

TNA, with a bottomless pit of money and a squadron of researchers, have only just realised that the internet is king and TV is an inefficient dying format. It just so happens to correlate with the relative success of ROH's use of the same format. That's just a fact I've decided to point out.
Why are talking about ROH, get out of the TNA forums if you hate it so much, fuck I hate nerdy tools like this.

·
I GOT ALOT LEFT IN THE TANK
4,541 Posts
This is a good move and I suppose this something they've been planning for a long time. Hopefully the delay is simply because they were refining it and fixing the lag issues and hopefully the price tag is dropped to 10 or 15$.

However, I still won't order the PPVs.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts