Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Impact broadcasts are crystal clear on Bravo1 even though it isn't in HD, but the PPVs and Xplosion on Extreme Sports are very poor quality and appear pixelated and blocky at times. This is on a 42 inch telly, not sure how it comes out on smaller tellys though. Is the problem with the channel and it's bitrate or is it the tapes sent in by TNA?

The same problem exists on Bravo2 with the repeats of Impact. If Impact is to move on to Extreme I don't think I could bear it. I don't get much enjoyment out of watching PPVs that look fucked up, even though they are free. May as well watch it on Youtube. Is there anyway of getting Extreme to sort it?

·
Banned
8,966 Posts
I really hope Impact doesn't go to Extreme, I can just about put up with the picture quality for Xplosion and PPVs. Just about. I'm gonna miss Bravo :(

Not sure why it is how it is on Extreme.

·
Registered
357 Posts
It's all down to bandwidth and costs. More bandwith = more costs and I doubt the extreme sports channel has more than about 5 regular viewers so can't attract the advertising to fund itself.

Sky needed to give Bravo an HD channel rather than dumping it.:no:

·
Registered
633 Posts
I personally don't see a different between the quality on Bravo and Extreme Sports. I watch on a 32inch by the way. I would actually like Impact to move to Extreme Sports so everything TNA is on one channel.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
Extreme Sports is a pathetic channel. Fuck paying any extra money on my already ample subscription fee for a package just to get ES, their numerous problems with coverage in the limited time they've had TNA program is well publicised so I won't get into it. They actually make me appreciate Bravo, who seem to have stopped letting me watch the end of the show. Or as it's called in wrestling, THE BIT WHERE MAJOR SHIT HAPPENS.

Imagine if Sky cut off the end of Raw and we missed the first Nexus appearance, for example. No-one would stand for it. Yet this option is more appealing to me than watching anything on Extreme Sports. It's pretty insulting when you consider "how important the UK market is to TNA".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts