Wrestling Forum banner

TNA Notes(Lockdown, UK/NYC BFG, etc)

6235 Views 68 Replies 43 Participants Last post by  The Tony
Glad to see Lockdown ticket sales is doing good so far..

Russo has a point about the lack of giants/Big men.

Warrior became a star, and so were Batista,Goldberg,Andre,Hogan,Undertaker,Cena,HHH,Khali,etc.
From the TNA source over at the WO forums:
Lockdown ticket sales have been very good so far. At the current sales rate of the tickets there is talk of possibly breaking their US attendance record.

Right now the top matches for Lockdown look to be Fortune vs Immortal in the Lethal Lockdown match, Jarrett vs Angle and a World Title match which has yet to be decided on. Prior to Sting winning the title I was told it would be Hardy vs Anderson vs RVD but that is obviously out the window at this point.

As of now Slammiversary is scheduled to take place in Orlando but buildings are being scouted just in case they decide to take it on the road. They were close to booking a venue in Texas for the event but things didn't work out.

As I reported before, there has been talk of holding Bound for Glory in the UK this year but as of late that talk has died down a bit. The Hammerstein Ballroom has been talked about for the event in the past several weeks.

Vince Russo is looking to bring in someone that is legit at least 6'9 or so. He says one thing holding the company back is the lack of true giants and claims that is one thing that has always helped WWE draw well.

Chase Stevens was backstage at the shows in NC trying to get work but TNA has no interest in bringing him back. David Young was also backstage visiting friends.
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

· Banned
18,124 Posts
- nice to see Lockdown tix doing well

- Slammi in IZ = Fail

- Angle/Jarrett blow-off will be epic

· Registered
2,594 Posts
I'm gald lockdown tickets is doing well and taking slammiversary on is a good idea but having BFG in hammerstein in bad even though i live in nyc and love to go but that venue is for the indys not for tna,but impact taking would be nice though

· Registered
16,695 Posts
K the thing about Giants in todays day is a retarded statement. Anyone in the wwe that is pushed is because vince wants it that way. Think even now in the wwe. All the biggest pushed guys are not super tall or big aka the miz ha.

No one cares anymore about someone being 8 feet tall. Its about Character thats what i think a good handful of people in TNA have against wwe.

· Registered
3,860 Posts
The Hammerstein Ballroom doing BFG? I know they'd sell out easily but they'd just have a bit more seats than the total audience of BFG 2009 (2,400). Couldn't they just find a bigger venue in NY and seat it for 8,000? Attendance rates from previous shows could allow a good show.

As for the UK, whilst they could get 10,000+ attending, time zones are a huge problem.

If they want to do something for Slammiversary, just put it on the road. 2 PPVs outside Orlando is too little and since there's talk of canning Impact tapings on the road, it'd just make things worse.

If Lockdown ticket sales are doing well, then it should be good. Wasn't their attendance record at 6,000+ at that baseball field?

· Registered
418 Posts
The Undertaker, Cena, HHH,Vader(in his prime),Kane(in his prime)...
Whoa, whoa, whoa.

HHH is pretty big, Undertaker is huge, Vader is big and wide, and Kane is tall (and let himself go).

Cena's like 188 cm, and 110 kg (6'2, 250 pounds) (and that's his billed stats). That's like a running back. Not that big. He can just pick up big people.

Then again, I'm like the size of Edge (non-billed height)... but still, Cena's not that big compared to the others. You should have put Batista in that range.

The fact that TNA wants to find a giant shows the disservice of booking they did to Matt Morgan and Abyss. True, Matt is skinnier than other big men (IE: Ripped, but not enough muscle mass), but he's still a big man. He shouldn't be losing to a damn dropkick.

· also known as a BUSTER
13,189 Posts
There are no young giants in wrestling. The last new "bigmen" that WWE flirted with pushing IIRC were Festus and Kevin Thorn. They weren't even that big. They just played bigman gimmicks. Kozlov's another one of those guys.

How many bonafide 6'9" guys are there out there nowadays? Eli Cottonwood? Brodie Lee? I think there's another guy, on the indies, that I'm forgetting but apart from those, there isn't anyone.

Isis the Amazon is hardly the answer to TNA's problems.

· Registered
12,827 Posts
- Vince Russo wants a big man LOL Why in 2007 when Matt Morgan come in the company you did not give him the Goldberg booking right now he will be somewhat of a star in your company.

- Bound for Glory in the UK is a must its TNA only way of getting 8,000to 10,000 for that event.

- Slammiversary should be in The Hammerstein Ballroom this year

9,981 Posts
When you put Tickets for sale months in advanced, you'll sell well. Not to mention the Ochocinco publicity. Maybe we will see a record US attendance, who knows.

But yeah, if TNA would've put the Fayettville tickets for sale more than a month beforehand, they probably would of got an even larger crowd.

· Banned
18,124 Posts
What about pushing Morgan or Hernandez even stronger?

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.