Wrestling Forum banner

TNA News: Rewrites to the planned Main Event Mafia angle

2250 12
TNA sources report that major rewrites took place to the planned Main Event Mafia angle. "Big time rewrite mode this week due to their dumb asses writing a plot around guys who are not under contract," one source stated.

Powell's POV: Kevin Nash was pencilled in as part of the Main Event Mafia angle before he opted to appear at the Royal Rumble. There was speculation regarding Booker T due to his past connections to Main Event Mafia, but I haven't spoken with anyone who was under the impression that he would be returning.

Prior to the rewrites, there was talk that Immortal and Fortune would eventually split up with the latter wrestlers becoming the babyfaces. I wonder if TNA creative will take the story in that direction sooner than planned, particularly given that Beer Money and Ric Flair were so over as babyfaces on the UK tour. That's simply speculation, though.

If TNA wants to keep the Main Event Mafia alive, they could consider the idea of bringing in Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas. Granted, they don't fit the main event label, but they are connected to Kurt Angle and could have a hell of a program with Beer Money over the TNA Tag Titles.

http://www................../artman/publish/TNA/article10016513.shtml
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
TNA sources report that major rewrites took place to the planned Main Event Mafia angle. "Big time rewrite mode this week due to their dumb asses writing a plot around guys who are not under contract," one source stated.

Powell's POV: Kevin Nash was pencilled in as part of the Main Event Mafia angle before he opted to appear at the Royal Rumble. There was speculation regarding Booker T due to his past connections to Main Event Mafia, but I haven't spoken with anyone who was under the impression that he would be returning.

Prior to the rewrites, there was talk that Immortal and Fortune would eventually split up with the latter wrestlers becoming the babyfaces. I wonder if TNA creative will take the story in that direction sooner than planned, particularly given that Beer Money and Ric Flair were so over as babyfaces on the UK tour. That's simply speculation, though.

If TNA wants to keep the Main Event Mafia alive, they could consider the idea of bringing in Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas. Granted, they don't fit the main event label, but they are connected to Kurt Angle and could have a hell of a program with Beer Money over the TNA Tag Titles.

http://www................../artman/publish/TNA/article10016513.shtml
They're about to go for the ROH Tag Belts soon......

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Good.

·
Registered
39,577 Posts
I like how everyone is one minute "TNA needs to build its own stars" and then the next minute its: "TNA NEEDS STING and I can't believe they didn't sign Nash and/or Booker T"
IWC: Where schizophernia lives on

Was there any word on TNA even contacting Nash or Booker?

·
Registered
679 Posts
I like how everyone is one minute "TNA needs to build its own stars" and then the next minute its: "TNA NEEDS STING and I can't believe they didn't sign Nash and/or Booker T"
Ha ha ha This x1000

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Not me, I've always wanted the most entertaining storylines, regardless of the ages of the participants. I'll never get the fascination the internet has with only having young talent pushed. If a young guy really connects with the crowd, they'll grab a top spot themselves. TNA tried pushing Joe as the top guy in 2008 and he failed miserably and was not over.

·
4,426 Posts
Yeah it's their own fault for writing the show in advance without actually signing Nash or Booker.

I obviously wouldn't mind Haas/Benjamin joining TNA at all as they could work really well with Beer Money in a tag title program, but i'd prefer them to stay with ROH and instead TNA use Morgan and someone else from their current roster in the MEM.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Classic dirtsheet backtracking

Story 1) TNA are going ahead with a MEM reunion as faces

Story 2) Actaully theyre not. It was all the writers fault really.

·
Registered
702 Posts
This encapsulates TNA's problems: working on angles with talent not under contract, continually piling onto an already crowded roster, and careless booking by Bischoff, Russo, and Hogan, and Dixie not checking it and being a real boss rather than just a boss who doesn't want to anger anyone. How anyone can still be a fan of TNA after all this is boggling. This company has been falling apart for well over a year.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.