Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An interview with TNA wrestler Mick Foley will be airing on TSN's "Off the Record" next week where Foley says he believes he's suffered permanent brain damage from his wrestling career.

On Friday's episode of OTR in Canada, host Michael Landsberg previewed the recorded interview with Foley and noted Foley's belief that he has brain damage.

Foley said on his Twitter page today that the interview recorded while on a book tour in Canada is "intense at times, funny at times - def(initely) worth watching."

(Thanks to Adam LeBow for the news tip.)

Caldwell's Analysis: It appears Foley will be talking concussions and resulting brain damage from the very physical and often-times brutal style he wrestled during his career. It's a very serious topic, which is why the end of Thursday's TNA "Reaction" show was so bothersome with the "old wrestler mentality" promoted, even if from heels, without a babyface positioned to defend or rebut those arguments. It's like having a character defend an indefensible issue. There are just certain things that cannot be argued for, even by a heel. It's too important and too serious of an issue to not be handled correctly if it's going to be incorporated into a storyline.

I am not surprised, Foley has done some crazy shit in his career!!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Re: TNA News: Mick Foley has permanent brain damage?, important Foley interview to ai

I can believe it. I feel like I've suffered permanent brain damage just from WATCHING professional wrestling over the years.

·
Usertitle ist hier
11,699 Posts
Re: TNA News: Mick Foley has permanent brain damage?, important Foley interview to ai

An interview with TNA wrestler Mick Foley will be airing on TSN's "Off the Record" next week where Foley says he believes he's suffered permanent brain damage from his wrestling career.

On Friday's episode of OTR in Canada, host Michael Landsberg previewed the recorded interview with Foley and noted Foley's belief that he has brain damage.

Foley said on his Twitter page today that the interview recorded while on a book tour in Canada is "intense at times, funny at times - def(initely) worth watching."

(Thanks to Adam LeBow for the news tip.)

Caldwell's Analysis: It appears Foley will be talking concussions and resulting brain damage from the very physical and often-times brutal style he wrestled during his career. It's a very serious topic, which is why the end of Thursday's TNA "Reaction" show was so bothersome with the "old wrestler mentality" promoted, even if from heels, without a babyface positioned to defend or rebut those arguments. It's like having a character defend an indefensible issue. There are just certain things that cannot be argued for, even by a heel. It's too important and too serious of an issue to not be handled correctly if it's going to be incorporated into a storyline.

I am not surprised, Foley has done some crazy shit in his career!!

Like what?

·
Banned
386 Posts

Foley around the time of his last book said he had a full brain scan and amazingly had no damage. I wouldnt put it past him to say this so he jump on the concussion bandwagon because he is an attention whore.

·
Super Moderator
19,327 Posts

Isn't, "permanent brain damage" an misnomer? Isn't all brain damage permanent?

·
Banned
2,012 Posts

I can believe it. I feel like I've suffered permanent brain damage just from WATCHING professional wrestling over the years.
the IWC has done that to me i reckon

·
Registered
11,566 Posts

To quote Raven Ryder Jr "Who Care's"

I know this is a serious topic but this is not a serious topic for the audience. The audience is not out there wrestling and taking shots. This topic should be discuss in locker rooms,training camps,pro wrestling conventions,etc. This is not a topic for the audience. Who is out there swinging chair shots at people?

·
Banned
386 Posts

To quote Raven Ryder Jr "Who Care's"

I know this is a serious topic but this is not a serious topic for the audience. The audience is not out there wrestling and taking shots. This topic should be discuss in locker rooms,training camps,pro wrestling conventions,etc. This is not a topic for the audience. Who is out there swinging chair shots at people?
Huh?

Wut?

etc

·
Registered
11,566 Posts

I don't understand why TNA is going out their way to put this on television. This is another example of the real/shoot stuff fans don't care about. How the audience at home going to relate to this topic? It just taking up tv time.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,588 Posts

Really? Mick Foley suffered brain damage? What next, is Abdullah the Butcher gonna come out and say blading may have damaged his forehead?

·
Registered
6,124 Posts

You must watch a lot of Impact! Never good to hear someone may have brain damage, of course I would be surprised if he didn't.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts

in other news, Shawn Michaels might have some permanent back damage.
Undertaker also might soon admit his legs have suffered some mild damage over the years.

and maybe, just maybe, Batista will say he fucked some bitches during his tenure in the WWE.

boy, the shockers just keep on coming.

·
Banned
386 Posts

I don't understand why TNA is going out their way to put this on television. This is another example of the real/shoot stuff fans don't care about. How the audience at home going to relate to this topic? It just taking up tv time.
Leg and arm injury angles are as as old as the hills.

·
Registered
279 Posts

He believes? How does he believe? does he feel stupider than before? If I were him I would be having a catscan to find out for sure

1 - 20 of 34 Posts