Wrestling Forum banner

Do you prefer the Guns as Faces or Heels?

• Faces

Votes: 29 60.4%
  • Heels

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • Can't decide. They are great as both.

Votes: 13 27.1%
  • They just flat out suck...

Votes: 1 2.1%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I think they are great as both but personally I prefer them as Faces. To me the Face role suits them more because honestly they are just that good in all departments. They're one of the rare types of wrestlers that can go from Heel to Face, Face to Heel and still retain all of their character. My only probelm with TNA using them is the lack of hilarious promos and segments. That segment they did about the "negative effects of beer money" was HILARIOUS and I wish they'd do more stuff like that.

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
Re: So, do you prefer the Guns as Faces or Heels?

I definitely prefer them as Faces. They're a lot more fun to watch as Faces than Heels. The style the work is better suited as Faces than Heels. That's why people prefer A.J. Styles as a Face, and why Generation Me is having a tough time getting over as Heels. When you have that high-flying style, it's much better to be a Face than Heel.

·
Registered
934 Posts
I think they really just suck cock. I hate them. I will admit they are amazing wrestlers and an amazing in-ring tag-team. I just don't get their gimmick, they come across as over pushed. And they get about as much air time being TNA tag champs as The Hart Dynasty got when they were WWE tag champs.

In terms of business it makes perfect sense because they appeal perfectly to the exact demographic that TNA wants to draw, but still...

As heels the MCMG were just too likable, as faces they are just too uninspiring. I would choose faces though if I had to decide.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Faces. I see them as TNA's posterboys.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Their promos and matches as faces seem to be better. I never really considered them truly face or truly heel at any point. I know they are supposed to be face now. They are somewhat like Fortune, when supposed to be heel they they are still the fan favorite.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
After watching the empty arena match, I say they can do both.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
honestly, i like them more as faces, besides, there's already too much heels, beer money are heels already, if the guns were to turn, then beer money would have to turn aswell

·
Banned
10,007 Posts
As a Tag-Team I think they can only be babyfaces. Like Generation Me, I don't think they could be taken seriously as heels unless they were wrestling individually in the X-Division. Shelley's a natural heel but Sabin is a natural babyface.

·
Registered
673 Posts
they are great as faces or tweener

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
Prefer them as faces, for sure. Shelley's a great heel, but as a team, the way they've been booked in TNA is pretty great. You don't get to say that a lot.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I prefer them as faces simply because I like cheering for them. Whether they're heel or face, I always root for them because they're such a great team.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I much prefer them as faces. They have enough attitude to function as antagonists, but they're more fun to cheer than to root again. It also takes a great team to make me want to root against them. Beer Money could be goofy enough for it to work, but even when the Guns were picking on Generation Me at the beginning of 2010 I didn't want to side with them.

·
TNA Believer
4,293 Posts
i can't understand how this question is even on the table...MCMG are where they're supposed to be. there is no question why they draw better ratings from months now.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
both of these guys have made good heels but its nice seeing them as good guys because of how much the crowd loves them

kind of on the fence for this one, i think it has more to do with their action shlock then anything else

·
2,775 Posts
Yeah, definitely prefer them as faces. Their style suits being face moreso than a heel.

However when they're apart and wrestling as single competitors, I prefer heel Shelley and face Sabin. But when they're a tag team, I definitely prefer them as faces.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts