Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me start by saying im a huge TNA fan, even tho at times I have a love/hate relationship with them like most of you I think they do get unfairly ripped at times. My biggest problem with TNA at the moment is the Impact zone. The really need to get out of that place. Im not sure how it is live but the energy does not come across on TV at all. The crowd is 90% tourist that really have no idea what they're watching. You see grandmothers in the crowd looking confused. and u see the same regulars every week. I hate that guy in the Hogan merch in the front row, not sure if hes a plant or just comes every week but it looks silly when the same guys are there every week. At least when ECW did it they had hardcore fans that got into the action. These fans barely move. Most of the action gets little to no response from the crowd unless its something really huge. I think this is holding them back. I know they've said it plenty of times that they dont have the money to travel and do shows from different venues every week but they should do it at least once a month. at the very least STOP holding PPV's at the Impact Zone. How do you expect a viewer to get excited about a show when it looks like we're watching a episode of Impact just without commericals?

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
If what I've read is true, then their contract prevents them from regularly holding Impacts elsewhere. It's an attraction for the theme park. They're not going to let them up sticks and have the show wherever they want, because then they're not getting the fans through the gate to watch it. It's pretty obvious stuff, really.

I think I heard the contract's up in 2011, that was reported sometime last year I think. If true, then we'll see if they decide to go on the road. It may not be viable financially, but who knows?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Another "TNA should leave the IZ" thread ?

·
Registered
386 Posts
I love posts that start with "TNA needs..." followed by some moron's OPINION.

I also love posts that have been talked about over and over and over again.

Lastly, I like stupid posts (like THIS POST I AM TYPING NOW) that fails to add any significant value to the original subject post.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
But, think of the crowd! They love TNA!

The problem is simple, TNA has spent over 6 years being stuck in a stupid tourist attraction. However, whilst I would rather have all PPVs on the road (6 PPVs per year could help make this happen), you've seen the bad attendance rates and the fact that they have to paper the tickets in order to get at least 3,500 in the PPV. TNA sucks at promoting and advertising their events. If they went on the road, you could be seeing WCW 2000-like crowds.

A safe bet for TNA would be to have their TV shows at the Hammerstein Ballroom, which only seats 2,500 people. Obviously, a few more issues would need to be looked at unless they wanted the crowd to fuck over their show (*ahem* Russo), but it'd be a safe bet. Then, when your PPVs are drawing good attendance rates, consider doing one week at an arena, one week at the Ballroom, and so on until you're on the road all the time.

TNA is paying $23K per month in order to use the Impact Zone and Universal's services. How much does it cost for an entire day to rent a venue, get staff for transportation, stage setup, security, a production truck, etc? I don't know, but it'd probably be more than $23K for an entire day. TNA had no pyro at Bound for Glory because of budget cuts, probably because of spending a lot on the stage. It didn't help that they had to paper the shit out of a PPV that expected 5,000 too.

If you think it's just the fans that hate the place, guys like Mick Foley and even Eric Bischoff have said that the Impact Zone is "a blessing but a curse" and if TNA were able to, they'd be on the road every week.

By the way, the PPV issue this year was because Hogan and Bischoff recommended it, as well as the huge contracts which eat up a lot of Daddy's Money. I would have had at least Lockdown (big PPV), Slammiversary (big PPV), Hardcore Justice (Orlando isn't a good place for an ECW show) and Bound for Glory (should have not been in Florida at all) outside Orlando.

I don't know what they're going to do in 2011, especially when the Universal contract runs out. Knowing TNA, they'll just piss everyone off by renewing the contract for another year or something.

·
Premium Member
13,803 Posts
TNA would lose more money if they moved out of the impact zone.

Have you not heard about the bad houseshow numbers? It would be the same for impact shows. They'd need to paper 90% of an impact.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Let me start by saying im a huge TNA fan, even tho at times I have a love/hate relationship with them like most of you I think they do get unfairly ripped at times. My biggest problem with TNA at the moment is the Impact zone. The really need to get out of that place. Im not sure how it is live but the energy does not come across on TV at all. The crowd is 90% tourist that really have no idea what they're watching. You see grandmothers in the crowd looking confused. and u see the same regulars every week. I hate that guy in the Hogan merch in the front row, not sure if hes a plant or just comes every week but it looks silly when the same guys are there every week. At least when ECW did it they had hardcore fans that got into the action. These fans barely move. Most of the action gets little to no response from the crowd unless its something really huge. I think this is holding them back. I know they've said it plenty of times that they dont have the money to travel and do shows from different venues every week but they should do it at least once a month. at the very least STOP holding PPV's at the Impact Zone. How do you expect a viewer to get excited about a show when it looks like we're watching a episode of Impact just without commericals?
Exactly. PPV's should be diffrenet. But seems its not gonna happend until TNA got money.

·
Banned
386 Posts
What business qualifications do you have?

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
But, think of the crowd! They love TNA!

The problem is simple, TNA has spent over 6 years being stuck in a stupid tourist attraction. However, whilst I would rather have all PPVs on the road (6 PPVs per year could help make this happen), you've seen the bad attendance rates and the fact that they have to paper the tickets in order to get at least 3,500 in the PPV. TNA sucks at promoting and advertising their events. If they went on the road, you could be seeing WCW 2000-like crowds.

A safe bet for TNA would be to have their TV shows at the Hammerstein Ballroom, which only seats 2,500 people. Obviously, a few more issues would need to be looked at unless they wanted the crowd to fuck over their show (*ahem* Russo), but it'd be a safe bet. Then, when your PPVs are drawing good attendance rates, consider doing one week at an arena, one week at the Ballroom, and so on until you're on the road all the time.

TNA is paying $23K per month in order to use the Impact Zone and Universal's services. How much does it cost for an entire day to rent a venue, get staff for transportation, stage setup, security, a production truck, etc? I don't know, but it'd probably be more than $23K for an entire day. TNA had no pyro at Bound for Glory because of budget cuts, probably because of spending a lot on the stage. It didn't help that they had to paper the shit out of a PPV that expected 5,000 too.

If you think it's just the fans that hate the place, guys like Mick Foley and even Eric Bischoff have said that the Impact Zone is "a blessing but a curse" and if TNA were able to, they'd be on the road every week.

By the way, the PPV issue this year was because Hogan and Bischoff recommended it, as well as the huge contracts which eat up a lot of Daddy's Money. I would have had at least Lockdown (big PPV), Slammiversary (big PPV), Hardcore Justice (Orlando isn't a good place for an ECW show) and Bound for Glory (should have not been in Florida at all) outside Orlando.
once again u prove u don't know what your talking about tna doesn't pay nothing to be at the impact zone its special attraction for the park which pay tna a small percentage from the gate

·
Squared Circle Gimmick
5,371 Posts
I don't think leaving the Impact Zone is an option at this point. However, I do think they should do all PPVs in arenas across North America. If proper sized arenas are chosen, like NCAA Basketball Arenas or Minor League Hockey Arenas, they will get enough people to come out (It's been proven), and PPV buys would automatically go up because fan at home will get to see a more "Authentic" TNA Wrestling product.

The least they can do is Live IMPACTs from the Impact Zone. Although, Taped IMPACTs seem to be better shows then the Live ones... Live every now and then would be fine though.

·
Premium Member
25,943 Posts
This is done to death.
I know you're new but we have a thread about this almost every other week.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.