Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
My favorite TNA period of the past few years was Turning Point 2009/FInal Resolution 2009/Genesis 2010. I thought Russo did an excellent job in that period. Did he have an assistent to filter him back then?

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
If VKM came out tomorrow and said that Russo was great. You would all change your opinion on him.
Personally I think Russo did some great things; Attitude Era, first three months of WCW, the initial start of the New Blood angle, the SEX angle in TNA, late 2007 TNA, ect.

I'm just of the opinion that the current system isn't working and that's with Russo being edited. Bischoff is the executive producer of the show.

The problem is, where Russo and McMahon in some ways were like minded (sports entertainment) I feel Russo and Bischogan are on completely different pages and serving different agendas which in turn is fucking shit up.

Russo is a great writer and can still come up with cool shit but he needs the right system in place.

I also feel in his own way McMahon did put Russo over, let's not forget after WCW fell and WWE was in the shitter, McMahon wanted to bring Russo back but it didn't happen thanks to Stephanie and Hunter.

In which we were then treated to pretty much shitty Raw's, great Smackdown's, and by and large hit and miss PPV's.

·
Banned
93 Posts
lol another russo topic?.Ok so how many wrestling promotions have you guys booked?I assume that would be a zero.It's just stupid to down russo when you obviously(despite what the dirtsheets say) have no clue what goes on.

So go and get a job as a head writer be it for movies or tv and see if you can do better.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts