Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
They'd call it a day by going out of business. There isn't enough demand for TNA to tour Impact outside of specific areas for special occasions (like the U.K. tour), they need to run at the most cost efficient venue possible, which appears to be The Impact Zone. The 2013 touring experiment showed it's just not smart business, TNA and wrestling in general is just a very niche product in 2015.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I think they need to take real baby steps. The loop of shows needs to be cheap but efficient. A cheap venue but one that dosen't look cheap (school hall would be terrible). I would imagine they would need to take a small but recognizable selection of wrestlers to have some star power. Then finally they need to spend time promoting it, getting people through the door. Small small steps.

I'm not sure about the European touring idea. What I noticed is that they haven't mentioned the next UK Impact tour yet, something they usually do by the end of the previous tour.

·
#WoodwardOut #LUHG
15,087 Posts
They are on the road, NYC, UK, Orlando & probably another round of tapings in PA

·
Registered
8,320 Posts
They are, they just aren't financially stable to tour. That's why when they go to a town, they record multiple weeks worth of TV tapings

·
Kerser is the sickest.
1,506 Posts
No, I think they should go back a couple of steps and have a home venue like the Impact Zone. They've jumped in the deep end too early and overestimated where they stand and in my opinion it's costing them. I was 1000% more confident in them going in a good direction in 2006 than I am now.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
No, I think they should go back a couple of steps and have a home venue like the Impact Zone. They've jumped in the deep end too early and overestimated where they stand and in my opinion it's costing them. I was 1000% more confident in them going in a good direction in 2006 than I am now.
They didn't make a big announcement about it, but last year they basically did half of the year on the road and half of it in Orlando. It's early, but I could see them doing something like that again, with January-March in New York and the UK, April and May in Orlando, probably another summer of northeast shows. The fall will probably be back in Orlando again or somewhere like Bethelem.

·
Kerser is the sickest.
1,506 Posts
They didn't make a big announcement about it, but last year they basically did half of the year on the road and half of it in Orlando. It's early, but I could see them doing something like that again, with January-March in New York and the UK, April and May in Orlando, probably another summer of northeast shows. The fall will probably be back in Orlando again or somewhere like Bethelem.
I still think they're stretching themselves too thin though. I think they should build themselves a core fanbase at a home venue like the Impact Zone was, where you at least know you're going to get regulars and do decent attendance than take the risk of touring and going to cities you're not certain will do good attendance. Plus, I'm sure I saw recently they did something like 3 events in a row or over a short period of time somewhere. Thinking they're going to fill out 3 nights in a row at the same place is just delusional. Just play it safe and do one night and fill it out more.

Like I said, I just think they're overestimating themselves and taking too big a risks. Playing it safe I think is the best way to go for them currently. In the last 5 years I really think they've either been stagnant or gone backwards. This isn't a TNA hate post by the way, I genuinely want them to succeed but I just think they need to pump the breaks a bit, because it feels like they're getting closer and closer to almost going all in and losing it all.

·
Banned
6,087 Posts
They are not even back to the Impact Zone and you want them on the road. I have a hard time understanding fans sometimes.

Reactions: richyque

·
Registered
533 Posts
As others have said, there isn't enough demand for them to do a live touring show every week, sadly.

I would be happy with them doing Impact from a permanent or semi-permanent home. I would like as many shows as possible to be live, costs permitting. The odd taped show is fine. Trying to avoid spoliers for 6 weeks like at the moment is a nightmare.

PPVs I think should always be on the road and always live. If that means they could only do a few a year, that's fine. As long as they're built up and booked to be a Very Big Deal.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts