Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I grew up in MS and believe me MS folks can get a crowd together. The high school state championship games here bring in 25000-45000 people per game. The basketball championships bring in 12000 on average. The Wayne County vs West Jones game in southeast mississippi is just a normal game and it brings in 10000-15000 people per game each year. TNA needs to cash in on this gold mine. In April they ran a house show through hattiesburg and it drew 1700 and they had little advertising.

·
Registered
515 Posts
just because they like highschool sports doesnt mean theyll like wrestling :/ id say theres a lot of places they would go before mississippi

·
Banned
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im not talking about taking impact here but advertise and have 3 or 4 house shows here when you come through and I promise you can get 5000-8000 people to come. MS people like all sports trust me.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
lol. TNA have done shows of all types in many places which draws large numbers of people to various sporting events. Your point is?

·
Registered
861 Posts
I guess his point has that TNA could draw thousands of people because the region enjoys high school sports. How can you argue with that. Makes sense to me.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I live in MS too. I was at the Hattiesburg event. It was awesome. They also came to Vicksburg not long after. I don't know how many fans showed up for that one. I wouldn't call MS a gold mine. We barely support a AA baseball team, but TNA has been through MS several times. I think the NY shows will do them more good than Mississippi, but I would like to see them come to the colisseum in Jackson.

·
Banned
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The point being is that all TNA has to do is get MS people interested and they can draw huge numbers.

·
Banned
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I live in MS too. I was at the Hattiesburg event. It was awesome. They also came to Vicksburg not long after. I don't know how many fans showed up for that one. I wouldn't call MS a gold mine. We barely support a AA baseball team, but TNA has been through MS several times. I think the NY shows will do them more good than Mississippi, but I would like to see them come to the colisseum in Jackson.
If you live in MS you how big of crowds we get together. MMA came through Hattiesburg once and about 3200 came.

·
Banned
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you live in MS you how big of crowds we get together. MMA came through Hattiesburg once and about 3200 came.

·
Banned
5,646 Posts
I'm sure they will book another one soon. I think they will focus on more of the lesser known locations. They now know Brooklyn is a hot spot, so they will focus on places like that first.

It's only a matter of time before they book an event in Toronto or Vancouver.

·
Banned
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It just a shame TNA doesnt realize places that love wrestling. Anywhere in the southeast if you advertise a show for 2 or 3 weeks then they could draw 3000+ easy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts