Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If you ask me, they need to try different things and not do the same stuff all the time. You don't get a shock factor if you don't take risks. In my opinion, it would be great to have a WWE vs TNA storyline. Just hear me out...

Obviously for legal reasons, you can't call it WWE, but just make something up (the outsiders with WCW, etc). I think it would attract a lot of attention from viewers. You have so many ex-WWE stars like Angle, Hardy, RVD, Flair and Anderson and then you have superb TNA talent such as Roode, Storm, AJ Styles, Joe, Sting, Bully Ray and Aries.

I don't know about you guys. But that would get me so interested in the product. Just think about the different people you can have go at each other and each "story" you can make out i.e. Angle stabs WWE in the back and joins TNA -> huge pop. Or Bully joins WWE saying he never cared about TNA. Or you can use the fact that Sting never went to the WWE, and do something with that and his comments on why he never jumped ship, live on air. Hogan would have to be involved somewhere clearly. Guest ref?

You can also involve the knockouts too :) Mickie, Tara, Gail vs Velvet, Madison, Love (Beautiful people!!!) and get Tazz to go at Tenay (would be surprising because they love each other so much right now). You could make a whole PPV on it, although I can't really think of a tag team you could make since TNA has had the best tag teams over the last decade (Beer Money, 3D, MCMG). Maybe just sign two random ex wwe stars and make them go up against MCMG. That would be awesome to see and show the world that TNA owns tag team wrestling. Could do same with X-division vs random ex WWE cruiserweight wrestler and have Aries destroy them.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Youd have to get current WWE stars to make it interesting at all. The current EX-WWEers are pretty entrenched in TNA. Plus, theres only a handful of current WWE guys who would be interesting. Unless maybe you got Goldberg and Batista to run through TNA.

·
Banned
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Goldberg vs Crimson! :p
(make Crimson more dominant first though, give him a meaningful streak where he takes out top guys).

Don't think it will happen though, read sometime last year that Goldberg saw TNA as a minor league product and wouldn't allow this reputation to get tarnished. But peoples opinions change so never know. That would certainly make the storyline so much more interesting to have Goldberg or Batista in there.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
I love it, everyone bitches about Vince Russo and now that he's gone people are calling the show boring and needs more shocks when Russo was the most shock based booker of all time.

As for the storyline, no thank you.

·
Banned
911 Posts
I love it, everyone bitches about Vince Russo and now that he's gone people are calling the show boring and needs more shocks when Russo was the most shock based booker of all time.

As for the storyline, no thank you.

Russo is a god !!! As for the storyline, no thank you.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
I've never bitched about Russo. Quit generalising :)
Sorry about that dude.

But there is a large percent of people who bitched about Russo and wanted him gone who now call the show boring and want more twists and turns.

I just find it odd.

I actually wanted to go deeper on why I feel the storyline wouldn't work.

It's just the referencing WWE thing feels odd. I'm sure you'd call the group something else but having the WWE be a basis of a TNA storyline I'm not a fan of.

But I am a huge fan of company wide stable feuds and this does bring that to the table. It's just TNA had done so many of them for so many years it's lost it's edge.

The MEM worked because TNA and no one really had done any really big stable angles in such a long time but now TNA has gone back to that so often I feel it's lost it's edge.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
no, bad idea. sorry.

though i think tna need to start taking more shots at wwe.

1 example. idk i think this would be funny. they could show eric young in a promo shopping for cloths (jean shorts, colorful shirts, hats, and wristbands. u know where this is going.) odb shows up and asks "wtf are u doing? u look stupid." to which ey replies "this is what a wrestler looks like, this is what it takes to be a champion."

another could be austin aries cutting a promo. and he could talk about the punk/jericho fued goin on. "there are 2 guys in the wwe fueding over who is the best in world.....what? that fued is pointless...the best in the world is right here and your lookin at him." something like that could be interesting.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Won' work for the simple fact is that its not live. You want to put an anything can happen aspect will that seems to be what they are going for without the "Russo" style.

TNA needs live tv that'll be the one thing that could make a serious difference i viewership.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
No! Please no more invasion storylines. This was what the nWo was and while that was great there have been way too many.

I'm beyond tired of seeing factions in wrestling especially in TNA.

·
Registered
253 Posts
No plain and simply no TNA need to focus on themselves and all the storylines have to be around putting over their current batch of "homegrown" talents and an invasion storyline of any kind (whether bischoff and his guys invading or a "wwe" group invading) they're all unnecessary

And I don't see anything funny in taking shots at WWE it comes off as tacky classless and a bit of attention seeking its just a poorly thought out thing hell TNA could take as many shots at WWE they want but it isn't going to increase viewership and its not like WWE is going to give a shit so what's the point of that

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
I though it was funny when Shark Boy acted like Stone Cold Steve Austin.
Same here that was classic i don't get why it gets so much hate.

no, bad idea. sorry.

though i think tna need to start taking more shots at wwe.

1 example. idk i think this would be funny. they could show eric young in a promo shopping for cloths (jean shorts, colorful shirts, hats, and wristbands. u know where this is going.) odb shows up and asks "wtf are u doing? u look stupid." to which ey replies "this is what a wrestler looks like, this is what it takes to be a champion."

another could be austin aries cutting a promo. and he could talk about the punk/jericho fued goin on. "there are 2 guys in the wwe fueding over who is the best in world.....what? that fued is pointless...the best in the world is right here and your lookin at him." something like that could be interesting.
Good ideas.

·
Banned
2,408 Posts
ugh. For the love of God, NO.

It would be yet another stable war that would largely rehash the mEm plotline.
Going WWE vs TNA would be a horrible idea anyway. It makes TNA look weak, and didn't they learn their lesson after the Monday Night Debacle.

·
Banned
1,788 Posts
the only way i think this would work is if they got three fresh big names like batista... and whoever else they can get

also i dont think people consider angle a wwe guy anymore..... hes been a big part of tna

mickie james....... maybe.... gail kim........ maybe....... thats pretty much it

team 3d etc etc have all been a big part of tna for 5 plus years

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
If TNA wants to grow and be taken serious, then no more WWE jabs. If they are good enough, then there's no reason to be a refrence to anything. It seems pathetic, and will bring back memories of the monday night war part 2.0.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts