Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im all for heel vs heel matches.. WHICH RARELY HAPPEN IN WRESTLING. but there's a list of guys i think should be fighting for the title or would be a better choice than morgan

1. robert roode i would hate to see him as a face but i would love to see him fight hardy heel vs heel

2. aj styles

3. alex shelly .. who says alex cant fight for the world title and still be a tag champ? i see no reason.

ive always thought since i started watching tna on fsn that those guys should be some of tnas top talent

id even throw abyss in there.. but id prefer he never spoke again on tv

the only reason morgan is maineventing is because hes so damn tall

·
Registered
673 Posts
im all for heel vs heel matches.. WHICH RARELY HAPPEN IN WRESTLING. but there's a list of guys i think should be fighting for the title or would be a better choice than morgan

1. robert roode i would hate to see him as a face but i would love to see him fight hardy heel vs heel

2. aj styles

3. alex shelly .. who says alex cant fight for the world title and still be a tag champ? i see no reason.

ive always thought since i started watching tna on fsn that those guys should be some of tnas top talent

didn't know shelley was a heel

it's okay for morgan to main event 2 months against hardy, he will stay in the upper-midcard for a while after that...

·
Banned
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
morgan has no business maineventing two ppvs in a row.. its too predictable as a fan.. i know for a FACT he wont beat hardy. i will leave this board forever if he does.. i can bet for sure he wont win

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
What is with all of the Roode main-eventer stuff? I've noticed a lot of people saying he should be pushed hard as a singles guy. is it just because he is in good shape? He's a nice wrestler and moderately capable at promos, but what do people see in him that is so special? At least as part of beer money, he has storm there to add some personality to the team, and it has proven to be a good mix, i don't see the benefit in breaking them up.

·
Banned
2,408 Posts
morgan has no business maineventing two ppvs in a row.. its too predictable as a fan.. i know for a FACT he wont beat hardy. i will leave this board forever if he does.. i can bet for sure he wont win
Especially since they just made that gay-ass Vegas belt for Hardy. Junkie Hardy isn't dropping the thing anytime remotely soon.

Here we are, stuck with EXACTLY THE SAME PROBLEM TNA HAD AT THE START OF THE YEAR. Except instead of no credible heels, it's now there are no credible faces.

·
Banned
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Glad you agree.

Maybe TNA is throwing us off though.. with the new belt. But the reports of it being so expensive make me think other wise. Unless.. the reports are complete BS. But as of right now.. if that belt cost THAT much.. and as good as Hardy is doing as a bad guy IMO.. he sure is hell not dropping the title to morgan. Especially not a storyline TNA has been planning since January.. or so they claim.

Anyhow.. i think AJ Styles should turn on flair.. fight with flair for a while.. maybe two ppvs.. win.. and beat Hardy for the title.

Then id have Roode become the leader of Fourtune and have him go against Aj Styles. Then you could have somebody like Alex Shelly fight Hardy for the number 1 or 2 spot whatever

·
Registered
937 Posts
Wrestling needs wrestling. Vince Russo is a stain on wrestling. He must be 100% removed from wrestling. Jim Cornette, Paul Hayman , Ric Flair, Bill watts everyone, everyone thinks he is puke. On wrestling, Jeff Jarrett and Dixie Carter are pukes by having him as any part of wrestle. He destroyed WCW He is a disgrace on TNA. A disgrace on wrestling. TNA will be seen as a fucking joke as long as he has any type of job. Spike TV needs to remove this moron from the sport. As Silver tongue and every one before him called it.

·
Premium Member
5,918 Posts

2. aj styles

Wrestling needs wrestling. Vince Russo is a stain on wrestling. He must be 100% removed from wrestling. Jim Cornette, Paul Hayman , Ric Flair, Bill watts everyone, everyone thinks he is puke. On wrestling, Jeff Jarrett and Dixie Carter are pukes by having him as any part of wrestle. He destroyed WCW He is a disgrace on TNA. A disgrace on wrestling. TNA will be seen as a fucking joke as long as he has any type of job. Spike TV needs to remove this moron from the sport...

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I'd like to see Alex Shelley go for the tv title. I could see Robert Roode eventually go for the Heavyweight title while AJ and Kaz are Tag Champs, and Storm goes for the TV Title

·
Comin' at you like a double-fisted kangaroo
21,054 Posts
Well Hardy's not losing the belt until Angle takes it from him so predictable shouldn't factor into it. Morgan does suck as a babyface though. Morgan's only main-eventing until Anderson gets back then it'll be him losing to Hardy, then RVD, then Angle after he kills Jarrett.

·
✔
21,671 Posts
Morgan shouldn't be anywhere near a wrestling ring, let alone the main event of two Pay per views.

·
Registered
66 Posts

2. aj styles

I can agree with you on 2 and 3 and about morgan but abyss use to be entertaining back in tna's early days but for some reason he don't look the same in the ring.I think the main event picture really sucks right now.I hate hardy,morgan,pope and anderson,I just don't find their wrestling abilities entertaining.Joe,Angle,AJ,and RVD should be the ones invovled in the world title picture.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
I don't think that there is anything wrong with the majority of people in the main event scene in TNA but there are too many people in the wrong role or not where they should be in the mix and that is all down to Dixie Carter and Hulk Hogan signing or pushing too many of the older wrestler's over the younger one's. I remember only a year or two ago TNA having a feud between The Main Event Mafia who were older wrestler's against The Frontline which was mainly younger wrestler's and the idea was to eventually have the younger one's go over and establish them but not long after we saw Hulk Hogan come in and older wrestler's back on top again.

We had seen AJ Styles become the best wrestler in the world and officially by PWI whilst Samoa Joe, The Motor Cith Machine Guns, Beer Money, Matt Morgan, Jay Lethal, Desmond Wolfe and The Pope were beginning to go places as well whilst Sting and Kurt Angle were helping make them bigger by putting them over but by the end of 2009 when it was announced that Hulk Hogan was coming in we suddenly saw Rob Van Dam come in and he was followed by a lot of wrestler's who have taken up tv time and who didn't deserve the push or storylines that they recieved.

I had no problem with Jeff Hardy coming in because outside of John Cena i honestly believe Jeff Hardy to be the biggest draw in wrestling and i had no problem with Ken Anderson coming in because he will be a HUGE star if pushed and booked right so they were both great additions to the TNA roster but other than the first part of their storyline i don't believe that EV 2.0 deserved their push or storyline as it left many people without tv time or nowhere near as much as they deserved and people like Lacey Von Erich and Orlando Jordan deserved nothing other than good luck in their future endeavours.

The TNA main event scene could be great if it consisted of AJ Styles, Jeff Hardy, Mr Anderson, Kurt Angle, Sting, Jeff Jarrett, Samoa Joe, Abyss, The Pope and Desmond Wolfe and in their correct roles with AJ Styles, Sting, The Pope, Jeff Hardy and Samoa Joe as face's whilst Mr Anderson, Kurt Angle, Abyss, Jeff Jarrett and Desmond Wolfe all as heel's. The tag team scene is fine as it is with The Motor City Machine Guns and Ink Inc as face's whilst Generation Me and Beer Money are heel's but another tag team being added would be good, the X Division for me would be better if Rob Van Dam was moved there because it would add a bit of star quality whilst i would also add Shane Helms and Paul London to Jay Lethal, Robbie E, Frankie Kazarian and Doug Williams which would then be enough.

What is needed more than anything is to get rid of the dead wood and go with quality over quantity which is where Dixie Carter's main problem has always been because she has always refused to cut the roster and would much rather make cut's backstage instead of the wrestling roster. As good as Team 3D were as a tag team they have no right to be signed on big contracts as singles wrestlers for another year whilst Rhino, Raven, Stevie Richards, Rob Terry, Orlando Jordan, So Cal Val and Miss Tessmacher add absolutely nothing to TNA and should be released with Mick Foley and Tommy Dreamer moving backstage on the creative/booking team.

It has never been a question of TNA not having enough talent in their respective divisions but that they just don't know how to book and who to push and when they do get it right it isn't too long before they mess it up because they can't book properly. I don't even blame Vince Russo because he is what he is and won't even change but Dixie Carter has the power to change things and won't because the reality is she has absolutely no idea what she is doing so she surrounds herself with as many people as possible in the hope that she'll get the right idea's if she has so many people around her but she is a spoilt little girl spending her dad's money.

If Dixie Carter had any sense she would have got rid of Vince Russo and never signed Hulk Hogan and Eric Bishoff on HUGE contracts, whether people admit it or not Eric Bischoff only ever did four things in wrestling and that was bring The New World Order to WCW which was an idea that he stole from Japan, the Sting/Hogan feud which was the only real storyline outside of NWO/WCW that worked, create Goldberg and come up with the idea of The Elimination Chamber but yet is lauded as a geniud. Eric Bischoff himself has said that he pushes controversial angles rather than solid storylines but yet we haven't seen either of them since he and Hulk Hogan came on board and without Ted Turner's money to sign all the biggest names Eric Bischoff isn't delivering.

The state of TNA now is down to one person and that is Dixie Carter who can not take her head out of her ass and admit her mistakes, she needs to cut the dross from the roster and assign someone who has an idea on long term planning to take the company forward as soon as possible. I am not one of those who believes that Paul Heyman is the saviour of wrestling but his five year plan for TNA is the sort of thing that is needed but because he asked for the power to hire and fire when it comes to wrestler's Dixie Carter rejected having him on boards because she believes she know's who is good and who isn't which is why TNA will never move forward with her at the helm.

·
Registered
967 Posts
I'm up for heel v heel for me its about a quality wrestler vs a quality wrestler. Not really goodie vs baddie. But my Main Eventers are......

1/. Jeff Hardy - A big name and more importantly the current Champ

2/. Mr Anderson - Should be the biggest face in the company, again no brainer that he should be a main eventer

3/. Pope - Another fantastic face, fans love him and like Anderson great in the ring and on the mic

4/. Abyss - I dont get why Abyss gets so much heat, I think he's great. Yes he has featured in some rubbish booking (that Lord Of The Rings storyline still makes my toes curl) but if he is pushed as the Monster Abyss the guy is brutal, and is TNA's answer to Kane or (back in the day)Mankind both of which were and are upper card and main eventers (Kane's just had a title run)

5/. Robert Roode - Definitley should be main eventing as a heel no question. The guy has great ability and enough charisma to make it as a top singles guy

6/. AJ Styles - Technically fantastic, and despite what some people may say he is a shit load better on the mic then he used to be (Ric flair should probably take some credit for that) I would like to see AJ turn face though

Other names to pop into a main event are Samoa Joe and Matt Morgan (I like Morgan but Matt does need to work on his wrestling ability before he can start to pull off decent main events)

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Yeah its predictable, but so is anyone facing Hardy right now. So you might as well try to elevate someone. Theres no way Hardy is losing the belt to anyone not named Kurt Angle...and that isnt going to happen for months.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Yeah its predictable, but so is anyone facing Hardy right now. So you might as well try to elevate someone. Theres no way Hardy is losing the belt to anyone not named Kurt Angle...and that isnt going to happen for months.
I would love to see him drop it to Anderson though

·
Registered
243 Posts
I'd like to see Alex Shelley go for the tv title. I could see Robert Roode eventually go for the Heavyweight title while AJ and Kaz are Tag Champs, and Storm goes for the TV Title
Yes lets split all the TNA tag teams so the tag ranks can be as good as WWE!!!

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
Just hire Brody Steel, Mark Jindrak, Martin Stone, Alex Shane,Giant Silva, Mistico, 7 Foot Thunder and Bobs your uncle

·
Registered
11,917 Posts
But all the good young guys are in tag teams. Magnus,Wolfe,Shelley,Sabin,Roode and Storm. At the rate they going, they will be in the tag team division for another 5 years. You have to break these guys up at some point. Tag team wrestling is a mid card act, you can't build the future of your company and brand behind tag team wrestling. Plus, what else Beer Money and MCMG have to prove? The Steiners had to break up(they should of broke up early because Scott Steiner around 93-94 was main event material), Edge and Christian,Hardy Boyz,Rockers,Hollywood Blondes,Hart Foundation,etc. Break them up so we can get the next Bret Hart,Stone Cold Steve Austin,HBK,Edge,or Jeff Hardy.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts