Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
The human torch was denied a bank loan.
7,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't watch TNA in 2008 and 2009 (and barely do it now), but I knew about the MEM and I did some reading on their history and I found out they feuded with Frontline and had an alliance with World Elite, typical Russo bs and VERY similar to the situation now. If someone stopped watching in 2009, then started to watch now again, he'd see Fortune, just like the MEM wearing suits, involved in big brawls etc. Soon there will be some kind of stable resembling the Frontline obviously.

The thing is, there's a reason why Russo keeps making these stables; the roster is too big to satisfy everyone and for some reason they probably feel they need to give everyone air time so they just lump all the guys together. There's a fundamental flaw in this system though; it doesn't get anyone really over. Look at Matt Morgan, great look, good on the mic and in the ring, he should have been a main eventer by now, but he was put in Fortune and was just another guy in the background for months.

Instead of throwing them together, fire useless guys like Terry, Richards, put Dreamer in a behind the scenes role only etc. Spent less time on bullshit segments and give guys individually the chance to shine. The whole EV 2.0 angle was retarded because it just brought in even MORE wrestlers and air time was given to old farts. Trim the fat.

·
Premium Member
10,977 Posts
To be fair, the guys that they use regularly are basically their roster. The rest hardly work matches, and when they do, it's just some random squash match or a match on xplosion. And I don't blame TNA for trying to give everyone some tv time. They have a very talented roster.

Rob Terry hasn't wrestled for ages either so dropping his name is not really a great point. EV2 fine, you've got a point there, but even they are hardly used.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Dixie Carter has been told by many people, even those in management, to cut down the roster but she doesn't want to get rid of any of the wrestlers, so if she needs to make cuts, she'll get rid of other personnel or convince people to take pay cuts.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I think they need more TV time and more efficiently booked TV time before they start to cut the roster. We need another 2 hour wrestling show.

·
Registered
967 Posts
I look at the Roster and definitley see people that are not benefiting TNA, and then there are definitley wrestlers on the Roster that I like that are not being furthured. TNA obviously has Xplosion as a second TV show which should be used to showcase talent that dont get a chance on Impact get a Raw/Smackdown thing going on with Impact and Xplosion instead of hacking away at the Roster

·
Registered
11,567 Posts
Russo still create the shows. He come up with everything. Bischoff confirm this many of times, Mantell,Cornette,Dixie Carter.

But yeah, I've been saying this for ages, 25 men roster, keep the same knockouts. Use more jobbers and squash matches. Then build your roster back up slowly.

More tv would be terrible. TNA struggle to create a 2 hour show every week,imagine them trying to create storylines for another show. You waiting for another Thunder situation.

·
RESTINPEACE
1,182 Posts
TNA has a stacked roster but its the booking the writing is awful Russo Hogan and Bischoff are killing pro wrestling and some one needs to fire there asses then TNA can be an alternative again with the right talent and the right people running the company.

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
There is nothing wrong with the current roster size. TNA just needs to realize who to give TV time to and who note to give TV time to. Bischoff, Hogan, and Dixie are three people who should not be on Impact regularly. I should only see one of those 3 once a month (and even that's pushing it).

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
As long as they are only paying the wastes of space on a per appearance basis I don't think it matters all that much. Obviously some guys aren't getting the TV time they deserve, but it doesn't hurt the checkbook if they are PPA anyways.

I think Orlando Jordan is a prime example of a waste of money though.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
Maybe A STABLE CHAMPIONSHIP TITLE?!:D

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
the answer is actually expanding another hour of matches and making reaction 2 hours imo. that will cover a lot of the issues with getting the whole roster on tv.

·
Bowing down to the BEAST INCARNATE
4,564 Posts
I didn't watch TNA in 2008 and 2009 (and barely do it now), but I knew about the MEM and I did some reading on their history and I found out they feuded with Frontline and had an alliance with World Elite, typical Russo bs and VERY similar to the situation now. If someone stopped watching in 2009, then started to watch now again, he'd see Fortune, just like the MEM wearing suits, involved in big brawls etc. Soon there will be some kind of stable resembling the Frontline obviously.

The thing is, there's a reason why Russo keeps making these stables; the roster is too big to satisfy everyone and for some reason they probably feel they need to give everyone air time so they just lump all the guys together. There's a fundamental flaw in this system though; it doesn't get anyone really over. Look at Matt Morgan, great look, good on the mic and in the ring, he should have been a main eventer by now, but he was put in Fortune and was just another guy in the background for months.

Instead of throwing them together, fire useless guys like Terry, Richards, put Dreamer in a behind the scenes role only etc. Spent less time on bullshit segments and give guys individually the chance to shine. The whole EV 2.0 angle was retarded because it just brought in even MORE wrestlers and air time was given to old farts. Trim the fat.
There's one already and it's called EV 2.0.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
More like old people need to be on the TV less so fans can bond with more of the roster. Madness you say?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts