Wrestling Forum banner

TNA needs a renegade!

2271 Views 28 Replies 25 Participants Last post by  dave 1981
The best characters in wrestling were always renegades. Someone who can clear the entire ring of opponants in seconds. Old sting, goldberg, stone cold etc. TNA needs someone who can get the fans going nuts like this. I was excitied when Sting came back with the coat, bat and red face paint. At some point, he had all of fortune attacking him and nash and I was thinking "Old Sting is about to clean the house like he used to against NWO", but he got beat and left. Bobby Lashley had potential to beat everyone down too. What do you think about this? Who would be good for such a role?
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Banned
8,885 Posts
They could do this with Anderson but for some reason they love booking him like a scrub. They never make him look strong except for the time where he took all of those finishers and won the title.

· Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anderson would need a new finisher. The Mic Check will never get fans hyped.

Hogan and Abyss might be the worst two people in TNA, so, yeah, that's all I'll say on that lmao.

· Registered
2,860 Posts
Samoa Joe would fill that role well, but alas Bishoff has him kidnapped by ninjas and forgotten for months and now occupied with a pointless feud with Pope. Seriously why are they feuding?

Angle is another possiblilty.

· Exile on Main Street
1,127 Posts
Desmond Wolfe's the man for that job. Sure he was made to look weak as fuck for months, but he's been off TV for ages, so bring him back and repackage him. He can play a badass perfectly. He could clear a ring quickly with those lethal lariats.

· Registered
905 Posts
Crimson, (a more vicious) Morgan or Hernandez would who I could possibly see doing this well. If Rob Terry could do anything well other than getting hit in the face with a chair, I could see him in this role as well.

· The Man
27,709 Posts
You mean like Angle who was lead out of the building by cops only to come back and clear out a ring full of jobbers, They really dont need one they have some just need to build them up. Somoa Joe could be great, Matt Morgan maybe

· Premium Member
4,371 Posts
There are certain archetypes that TNA has strayed away from creating because Russo and company most likely deems those archtypes 'boring' and 'old hat'. However, let's look at a movie like AVATAR. The highest grossing movie of all time and it tells the story of the hero's journey. Nothing new. Nothing ground breaking. The same story that's been told for thousands of years.

TNA needs that super man character. The guy who IS the standard. The guy who defines the company. Every successful wrestling company has had it. TNA doesn't.

· Registered
418 Posts
There are certain archetypes that TNA has strayed away from creating because Russo and company most likely deems those archtypes 'boring' and 'old hat'. However, let's look at a movie like AVATAR. The highest grossing movie of all time and it tells the story of the hero's journey. Nothing new. Nothing ground breaking. The same story that's been told for thousands of years.

TNA needs that super man character. The guy who IS the standard. The guy who defines the company. Every successful wrestling company has had it. TNA doesn't.
Honestly, as much as guys disagree with this notion (looking for "cool" characters wherever they go), I agree. They need a standard bearer for the company... you know, that's not Abyss.

· Registered
4,029 Posts
Yeah. They need a MUCH better Abyss.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.