Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's something I found that I thought was really interesting. By the way, I think TNA's TV deal with Spike ends during summer 2012.

According to a source, he says alot of rumors are going around that TNA is planning a huge meeting later this month with Dixie Carter, Hulk Hogan, Eric Bischoff, Jeff Jarrett and most of the entire TNA upper management with ESPN executives to potentially land a deal with ESPN to broadcast Impact Wrestling in 2012 when their deal with Spike TV expires. Which is what Willie Urbina meant by major TV deals in 2012 and TNA putting both feet forward in a recent interview.
Could it be possible? When you think about it, ESPN and TNA seems to have a really good relationship. It happened quite often that guys like Flair, Hogan and Sting appeared on ESPN to promote TNA. We never know...

·
Banned
7,973 Posts
ESPN isn't picking up pro wrestling. especially the garbage that TNA puts out.
They could. I don't watch ESPN anymore but I remember a few years ago they used to show AWA wrestling all the time on one of their channels. They'd probably love to have a current wrestling promotion on their network.

·
Registered
9,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hear that? That's the sound of sweat dripping down Scrilla's forehead now that TNA is starting to get shit done.

This could be huge if true. Where did you get this from man?
I won't give the site but there's a bit more information about the rumor.

Bill Keegan. He used to run a website with real info out of TNA and WWE but he shut it down. The name of his site was called wrestlenow.com

Since it's a rumor, take it with a grain of salt.

·
Banned
115 Posts
Wtf are you talking about TNA is already on ESPN-Star Sports

·
Premium Member
15,437 Posts
They were on ESPN before >_>
TNA was on ESPN? not in America. AWA played on ESPN Classic because AWA used to be on ESPN in the mid-80's to early 90's and ESPN has it in their library. that was the good ol' days of kayfabe though and wrestling was a little more respected among legitimate sports than it is now. plus the AWA product was portrayed as legitimate athletic competition between two wrestlers. AWA =/= Abyss

·
Banned
115 Posts
I have been watching tna on espn star for the last 4 years what are you talking about?

·
Administrator
59,003 Posts
Dixie better blow every executive and staff member of ESPN if she wants to land a deal with ESPN. ESPN has shit on wrestling for years. (Even if they have AWA on the channel)

·
Banned
1,502 Posts
ESPN seems to be in the network of shitty programming, Poker, Nascar, Billards, the Spelling Bee? TNA would fit right in, I can see the old hacks at PTI discussing Russo's latest swerve as I type.

Pretty sure whoever posted that is trolling though, why would ESPN bother with a low-rate garbage tourist attraction that allows addicts to compete?

·
Registered
7,921 Posts
Regardless i think they need to find a different channel, Make the change. Spike is by far one of the worst channel. I dont know a single person that watches anything on that channel.

Impact Wrestling is the only thing i watch on it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.