Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
I think WWE has logical and long term booking in mind when booking Bryan's " losing streak " .
I doubt it.
The only reason Bryan won the briefcase is because CM Punk requested as a part of him signing new contract.
Otherwise it would've gone to Rhodes or Barrett.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Its a good idea. Instead of copying it they could try something slightly different. Like having a 10 man over the rope (royal rumble) match till it gets down to the last 2/3. Once last 2/3 it turns into maybe a ladder match. So its similar but a slight variation. Maybe it should happen at like BFG (where all feuds should end). Which would set up a fresh title scene for the upcoming year.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
I hate the MiTB concept. I much preferred the King of the Ring concept for building up young talent in the WWE. King of the Ring produced some major superstars, MiTB has yet to produce even one true superstar. Edge is the closest tbing to a superstar being produced via MiTB. TNA already had Feast or Fired which was even worse than MiTB. The whole concept of a guy running down with a briefcase and pinning them after a match with someone else is retarded.

I like the Bound for Glory Series for TNA, it is something unique to them and it is 1 for 1 so far as Bobby Roode looks great. Doubt he becomes a Superstar but he could definitely become a star after winning the BFG series and beating Angle at BFG. As far as the WWE goes, bring back the King of the Ring, that shit was badass. Stone Cold Steve Austin made it famous.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I think WWE has logical and long term booking in mind when booking Bryan's " losing streak " . Unlike a certain Samoa Joe anyway .
Oh now this is bullshit.

TNA put Joe in a losing streak for a story it's a bad idea. WWE do the exact same with another internet darling and it's an interesting concept.

No fuck this, that's bias bullshit and you know it.

Anyway MITB is a concept for getting a cheap shock and after that nothing else. Dont get me wrong I like the cheap shock when it happens, but after it happens we're left with a champion who has not at all been billed as a champion.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Oh now this is bullshit.

TNA put Joe in a losing streak for a story it's a bad idea. WWE do the exact same with another internet darling and it's an interesting concept.

No fuck this, that's bias bullshit and you know it.

Anyway MITB is a concept for getting a cheap shock and after that nothing else. Dont get me wrong I like the cheap shock when it happens, but after it happens we're left with a champion who has not at all been billed as a champion.
How is this bias by any means ? Please explain to me . I wish TNA have something planned for Joe I honestly do . I'd love if TNA have Joe snap and run riot on the roster and get the push he deserves . TNA cuts storylines a lot , does Joe and the ninjas ring a bell ? TNA will do nothing with Joe as they don't give a shit about him as they proved time and time again .

I'm just saying they have something planned for Daniel Bryan . WWE actually thinks about future storylines unlike TNA . Why else would they have Daniel Bryan win money in the bank and not have something planned . You would be very stupid if you didn't think this . Does this not make any sense to you ?

Now how is that bias bullshit ?

·
Registered
12,682 Posts
Knowing Vince Russo, it will be another Judy Bagwell on a Pole match instead.

·
Registered
851 Posts
How is this bias by any means ? Please explain to me . I wish TNA have something planned for Joe I honestly do . I'd love if TNA have Joe snap and run riot on the roster and get the push he deserves . TNA cuts storylines a lot , does Joe and the ninjas ring a bell ? TNA will do nothing with Joe as they don't give a shit about him as they proved time and time again .

I'm just saying they have something planned for Daniel Bryan . WWE actually thinks about future storylines unlike TNA . Why else would they have Daniel Bryan win money in the bank and not have something planned . You would be very stupid if you didn't think this . Does this not make any sense to you ?

It's bias bullshit because you know nothing at all of what is going to happen to either person. You are making one massive assumption that TNA will do nothing with their angle but WWE will do something with theirs. Im sorry but why in the world am I having to explain this? You know this; chances are when you typed this you knew this would be what I responded with. So reasonably you expected this so you can go off on a tangent as to why it's ok to make assumptions in this scenario. Frankly it's not. Regadrless of the past of one position that will not always guarantee the future (and no, quoting this point in saying "Oh but in this case it does!" will not make it any better) and if you think that to be the case then you need to lock yourself up incase your insanity spreads.

Your excuses are just bad. To say "well why have Bryan win MITB and not have something planned" is akin to saying "why have Joe in the BFG series and not have something planned." People have had MITB and nothing came of it. Mr Kennedy seems like an obvious point here.

And you're kidding yourself if you think cutting storylines is exclusive to TNA. Anonymous Raw GM ring a bell? You've got to believe Nash texting himself is a storyline created on the spot.

·
Banned
623 Posts
If you read Bischoff's book you would know that one of the few ideas he came up with in WWE was the MITB match. He also came up with the HLA, Unmasking of Kane and the EC match. But all of it is owned by wwe so that point is kind of moot. I like the B4G series better then any match type the wwe has, I loved it in 1989 when Bischoff did it and I love it even more now.

·
Number 30 in the Rumble
1,629 Posts
I wouldn't mind seeing Feast or Fired(their equivalent of MITB) return if it was booked better, and with slightly different rules, instead of having one of the winners of a briefcase fired(basically firing someone for winning, which was retarded) I would make the match King Of The Mountain rules(i.e. where you have to pin someone before you are eligible to win the match) and have the stipulation the first person to be pinned is the one who gets fired.

Then you have the idea of cashing in for a title(always good for angles) and because it's a slightly different match it's not a total copy of wwe. Plus you eliminate the biggest problem of the original Feast or Fired, the retardedness of someone winning a briefcase getting fired.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
Feast or Fired was a complete fail, I don't want to see that crap ever again.

One thing that I would like to see is a super cup of wrestling.
Where the x division champion meets the world champion and If the x division champion wins he gets a world title match at the ppv/impact he wants. This could be the main event of Destination X

·
Registered
481 Posts
What does a losing streak angle in another promotion have to do with TNA Money In The Bank?
Because the money in the bank is a wwe concept and D.Bryan's streak is proof it doesn't always build up a guy solidly, atleast that is so far.

OT: I prefer the BFG series as it gives more of a sense of being earned were as the MITB winner could be seen as a fluke, if that make sense?

·
Registered
561 Posts
I would like a reinvented feast or fired match, that is a hybrid of FOF and MITB, as in a 4 way ladder match with 3 cases, in each is a contract for a title shot for one of TNA's 3 singles titles, so theres an X Title shot, TV Title Shot and World Title shot, and whoever fails to capture a briefcase is the one who gets fired.

This imo makes FOF more interesting as you reduced the number from 20 guys who 70% of them are a cluster of guys you have no purpose for, instead it's 4 upper midcarder's and also when it's down to the final 2 it increase the intensity of the match as there's a sudden must win aspect, also get rid ofd the gameshow aspect of the revealing of the title shots and trading of the cases instead once the match is over you just have the 3 guys open the cases up themselvess.

IMO doing this would greatly improve the concept as it's more serious and therefor more important, the way TNA had it treated the entire concept like a joke, plus Pole matches suck and are far to com,edic in general where as a Ladder match feels more important and selling it as a dangerous match isw much easier to do.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

TNA cuts storylines, yes, but so does the WWE. Im still wondering who Vince's son is, what happened to Mae Young's hand, and who the anonymous GM is.

Long term planning? If the WWE really thought long term then CM Punk would have never come back TWO WEEKS after MiTB nor would he be facing HHH TWO PPVs afterwards. Cena -vs- Punk for the Unified Belt @ Survivor Series with HHH -vs- Punk at Wrestlemania, now THAT is long term planning.

Hogan/Sting and the BFG Series are examples of TNAs long term storylines. Are they they Hollywood Hogan -vs- Sting at Starcade '97 or Austin -vs- McMahon? No, absolutely not. But nothing is these days.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I don't buy this whole "WWE plans all their shit out months in advance".
Why was Alex Riley moved to Smackdown only for them to turn him face and move him back to RAW a month later?

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
feast or fired was an ok concept but the Fired briefcase ruined it

·
Registered
7,898 Posts
I think they should continue the BFG series. It is way better and much more complete and believable way to create a star out of anyone who is talented enough. 12 competitors, series of random matches, ranking system and storylines included, the winner of which goes for the title at BFG (Tna's WM). TBH IF BFG is done right every year(including this one) it sounds like a better idea than Swagger winning the MITB or ADR winning the Royal Rumble 2 months before WM and both failing miserably.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts