Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Why copy another one of WWE's hallmark matches ? Why not come up with your own new concept ?

Anyway , was TNA's Feast or Fired match their own MITB somewhat . He had briefcases which allowed the wrestler to cash them in similar to the MITB concept . I remember Hernandez winning the World Title one , that turned out well didn't it ? :side:

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
Just watch what they are doing with bryan danielson, it's completely useless.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Just watch what they are doing with bryan danielson, it's completely useless.
What did *DANIEL BRYAN have to do with this thread ? Look what TNA in general is doing , completely useless . It's killing it slowly but surely .

I like the MITB concept . It have proved numerous times to elvate stars ( If done right , of course there has been some flops ...emmm Swagger .) It is a good concept though , but TNA would probably do one every couple of months like the Ultimate X just to crown a new champ for shock value on TV . Actually , they do this anyway . :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
What did *DANIEL BRYAN have to do with this thread ? Look what TNA in general is doing , completely useless . It's killing it slowly but surely .

I like the MITB concept . It have proved numerous times to elvate stars ( If done right , of course there has been some flops ...emmm Swagger .) It is a good concept though , but TNA would probably do one every couple of months like the Ultimate X just to crown a new champ for shock value on TV . Actually , they do this anyway . :rolleyes:

So TNA makes a tournament, has roode coming on top of it and then puts him over fortune.
Meanwhile bryan wins a briefcase against random midcarders and then loses all his matches including taping out to botchadores. Why should I take danielson as a credible champion now?

The only good MITB winner was edge, the rest of them were midcard champions.

What does a losing streak angle in another promotion have to do with TNA Money In The Bank?
Isn't "Money In The Bank" a another promotion idea?
So If that concept fails in the original company would could it work in TNA?

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
So TNA makes a tournament, has roode coming on top of it and then puts him over fortune.
Meanwhile bryan wins a briefcase against random midcarders and then loses all his matches including taping out to botchadores. Why should I take danielson as a credible champion now?

The only good MITB winner was edge, the rest of them were midcard champions.
I think WWE has logical and long term booking in mind when booking Bryan's " losing streak " . Unlike a certain Samoa Joe anyway .

Hmmm , so Punk wasn't a good MITB winner ? Alberto seems to be slotting in well after his win . The Miz was elvated after his win , no ? I shouldn't even bother argueing this anyway tbh .

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
I think WWE has logical and long term booking in mind when booking Bryan's " losing streak " . Unlike a certain Samoa Joe anyway .

Hmmm , so Punk wasn't a good MITB winner ? Alberto seems to be slotting in well after his win . The Miz was elvated after his win , no ? I shouldn't even bother argueing this anyway tbh .
- just the fact that punk is only now taken seriously should teach you he was never booked as a real world champion.
- ADR is hiding behind ricardo because cena is way to strong for him.
- The Miz was in one of the worst wrestlemania main events of all time and was made to look like a jobber next to the rock/cena.

The MITB concept is stale.
It worked with edge because it was fresh but right now it doesn't work anymore.
They win the briefcase, get shit on by the booking team and then they expect us to take someone seriously just because they won the title by fluke.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Isn't "Money In The Bank" a another promotion idea?
So If that concept fails in the original company would could it work in TNA?
Bryan having a losing streak storyline has nothing to do with the Money In The Bank concept though. If TNA had a Money In The Bank holder, they could book him however they wanted to.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
FoF was MITB, the only difference was that there were 3 briefcases

It was a failure from beginning to end.

- just the fact that punk is only now taken seriously should teach you he was never booked as a real world champion.
- The Miz was in one of the worst wrestlemania main events of all time and was made to look like a jobber next to the rock/cena.

They win the briefcase, get shit on by the booking team and then they expect us to take someone seriously just because they won the title by fluke.
- Punk was a huge star on SD till Taker took the belt off em and he ended of feuding with Truth, just another case of roster being to small.

- A cowardly heel ? that isn't anything new.

- One match buildup doesn't negate the fact that he had one of the best title reign via MITB.

It worked with Punk, Swagger, Miz & now ADR.

- A heels can't win a title straight up, so the MITB concept fits them perfectly.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
I'm sorry but it didn't work with swagger and I don't see the MITB working in TNA specially with russo overbooking.

·
Registered
9,665 Posts
Here we go..

·
Registered
209 Posts
I hate money in the bank and "briefcase" title cash in angles.. Yea, let's have a guy pin someone right after they finished a match and call that fair. Makes wrestling too fake.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts

:lmao Oh my good God . My head is about to explode with all your logic . Agreed about the Miz main event being poor . It doesn't take away he had a very good title reign though . The title reign that came as a result of winning MITB .

The MITB concept isn't stale imo . What's stale is TNA's rehashed storylines , Hogan , Sting etc Roode is one of the only young TNA stars elvated in recent times , MITB has elvated loads .

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
:lmao Oh my good God . My head is about to explode with all your logic . Agreed about the Miz main event being poor . It doesn't take away he had a very good title reign though . The title reign that came as a result of winning MITB .

The MITB concept isn't stale imo . What's stale is TNA's rehashed storylines , Hogan , Sting etc Roode is one of the only young TNA stars elvated in recent times , MITB has elvated loads .
Keep in mind my objective is not WWE vs TNA 2000 topic because both companies already proved that can do bad and good stuff when they feel like it.

MITB doesn't elevate anyone, it's just an excuse to not book properly a midcarder.
You give a briefcase to some low mid card wrestler and then expect them to magically turn into a wrestlemania main eventer for no reason.

spoiler:

It ain't happening.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts