Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
HEADBANGA
21,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After watching the shocking conclusion of NXT tonight and seeing that Kaval is the new break out star of WWE, can it be said that TNA missed out on making him a top guy in their company? It can be said that guys like Pope and Anderson were missed opportunities for WWE to make top guys but the argument can be thrown either way. So what do you guys think?

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
They've had him before and done nothing to indicate they were thinking of making him a top star. If he stayed in TNA the X-Division was the best he was gonna do.

·
HEADBANGA
21,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I dunno, Im a huge fan of Low Ki's in ring work, but Im not sure I see him as a "top star".
yeah when I looked at the title I should've put "potential" top star. But him winning NXT 2 and getting a future title shot at a PPV of his choice means it's not all bad for all TNA guys to come up north right?

·
Registered
486 Posts
It's probably just that. WWE could be using Kaval to attract the young disgruntled TNA talent away so that all that will be left with is WWE rejects.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Yeah TNA definitely dropped the ball,but to be fair to them he was a major dick backstage back then. He had alot of attitude problems that made it difficult for him to be a top star,but his attitude has improved since then. Both are at fault really.
He sure did, like taking himself way too seriously which rubbed people the wrong way. Hopefully he has lightened up a bit by now well he must off really with what they've done with him on NXT.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Yeah, great idea, TNA should just give away the one young phenomenal talent who's been with TNA since day one, not to mention he's the #1 ranked wrestler in the world right now.

Great idea! I think TNA will definately listen to that cockamamy idea!!

·
GIANTS
2,647 Posts
No offense to the OP, you're a great poster and this is a good discussion...but here's my rant :rolleyes:

If Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Jeff Hardy, RVD, and company can't draw TNA better ratings, then what would Kaval do?

All of the guys I mentioned are 10x more well-known then Kaval, yet TNA's ratings are shit. It's quite simple, yes Kaval could have been a good star in TNA, but he would have done shit for the ratings.

Wish the best for Kaval in WWE!

BTW I miss Triple X :rolleyes:

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
Yeah, great idea, TNA should just give away the one young phenomenal talent who's been with TNA since day one, not to mention he's the #1 ranked wrestler in the world right now.

Great idea! I think TNA will definately listen to that cockamamy idea!!
He's not a phenomenal talent. He's a generic high flyer with no charisma, no mic skill a bad look and will never draw anything.

And where is he ranked #1? You mean by that magazine that only smarks know exsist? Great source...

·
HEADBANGA
21,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You're totally right InstantClassic2.0, him being elevated would've done jack shit to the ratings, that's something that TNA the company itself needs itself to figure how to reach a bigger audience. To be quite honest I'm just surprised that a TNA guy (a X-Division wrestler at that) won the NXT competition and is gonna be a future world champ (hopefully! lol).

·
Registered
486 Posts
I'm not a "smark" I came across the magazine in a local grocery store. He is a phenomenal talent, (at least by today's standards) and if you watch his progression from his "King AJ" crap, the man is at silver and nearing gold with his mic skills since aligning with Ric Flair.

And as for bad look, aside from the tattoo on his side, I'm confident enough with my sexuality (and my girlfriend's consent, lol) to say that he and John Morrison are the most attractive male professional wrestlers that are out there today.

·
Registered
823 Posts
And as for bad look, aside from the tattoo on his side, I'm confident enough with my sexuality (and my girlfriend's consent, lol) to say that he and John Morrison are the most attractive male professional wrestlers that are out there today.
What about "Dashing" Cody Rhodes? Do you think he's hot too?

ha, j/k

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
I'm not a "smark" I came across the magazine in a local grocery store. He is a phenomenal talent, (at least by today's standards) and if you watch his progression from his "King AJ" crap, the man is at silver and nearing gold with his mic skills since aligning with Ric Flair.

If you think AJ is even passable on the mic you have very low standards. He is cringe worthy on the mic and that's me being generous.

And WWE already has the female fanbase covered. They watch for John Cena and Randy Orton. And plus AJ looks like a 1st grader.

·
GIANTS
2,647 Posts
You're totally right InstantClassic2.0, him being elevated would've done jack shit to the ratings, that's something that TNA the company itself needs itself to figure how to reach a bigger audience. To be quite honest I'm just surprised that a TNA guy (a X-Division wrestler at that) won the NXT competition and is gonna be a future world champ (hopefully! lol).
Future World Champ? Watch your words :lmao

Looks like he might get a chance in WWE and that's awesome, but I highly doubt he wins the WWE Title especially with news coming out that they will unify the WWE/World Titles.

Kaval is over though, so he has a chance! :rolleyes:

TNA can solve their problem by doing one thing, stop paying all the free agents and start advertising.

I would rather have a billboard up in any US city than Carlito.....ADVERTISE TNA!!!!

·
Registered
823 Posts
If you think AJ is even passable on the mic you have very low standards. He is cringe worthy on the mic and that's me being generous.
If people think CM Punk is a "god" on the mic, then AJ is more than passable. The standards for today's wrestler are far lower than they were in the 80's and 90's.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Those idiot women only wanna see guys who are crazy oiled or smile from ear to ear with muscles that seem to pop outta everywhere.

An average woman, (referring to women who have actually passed through college) don't find those guys sexy in the least.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts