Wrestling Forum banner

TNA Lockdown Bank Arena in Cincinnati, Ohio.

2899 Views 20 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  Mhirn3
TNA has announced in advance a TNA World Title match and a Lethal Lockdown match featuring two teams at their Lockdown PPV on April 17.

TNA announced official details Thursday on the annual all-cage PPV that will be held at the U.S. Bank Arena in Cincinnati, Ohio. tickets for Lockdown go on-sale Friday, February 18 at noon by the way.

I looked up the U.S. Bank Arena and it can seat 17,556 but when WWE held Cyber Sunday there it only had 7,000 fans attending it. So how many people do you think could be attending Lockdown and how will it look if they only get 3'000 people.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
429 Posts
TNA has announced in advance a TNA World Title match and a Lethal Lockdown match featuring two teams at their Lockdown PPV on April 17.

TNA announced official details Thursday on the annual all-cage PPV that will be held at the U.S. Bank Arena in Cincinnati, Ohio. tickets for Lockdown go on-sale Friday, February 18 at noon by the way.

I looked up the U.S. Bank Arena and it can seat 17,556 but when WWE held Cyber Sunday there it only had 7,000 fans attending it. So how many people do you think could be attending Lockdown and how will it look if they only get 3'000 people.
Bad.

· Registered
47 Posts
Shit, I may go - it'd be my first wrestling PPV since Souled Out - (I think it was Souled Out) Whenever Chris Benoit won the WCW Title then jumped ship to WWE days later. Those were the days....oh well, least my 4 year old will enjoy it, he's too young to care how shitty the program is.

· Registered
4,029 Posts
Wow. Way too big for them.

· Registered
3,860 Posts
Wow. Way too big for them.
If they half-house the venue and close off a few higher sections, it would be enough. What puzzles me is that TNA usually run the Cincinnati Gardens for their house shows. It seats 10,208, whilst the U.S Bank Arena seats 17,000. I don't know why they couldn't have just held it at the Gardens, which would look less bad on camera if TNA couldn't sell many tickets. It's just like TNA making the stupid decision to run the Palace of Auburn Hills (21,000+) for Slammiversary 2009.

· Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They're not half housing it as of right now

Quite a bite for them to chew, let's hope the whole Ochocinco thing gets them a crowd.
I always thought it would look great if TNA covered up alot of the upperdeck seats in a place like this with a white screen or anything clean white and flat. You could project pics of wrestlers and there names or whatever else you wanted too, just think it would look great on TV

9,981 Posts
Meh, wouldn't surprise if that IS TNA's seating plan, or at least very similar.

With the Ochocinco publicity, the way ticket sales have been going lately for them, and the amount of time between now and Lockdown, I could see TNA shooting for 6-7 thousand plus. They'll probably use that seating plan and black off the empty seats a la WWE.

· Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Meh, wouldn't surprise if that IS TNA's seating plan, or at least very similar.

With the Ochocinco publicity, the way ticket sales have been going lately for them, and the amount of time between now and Lockdown, I could see TNA shooting for 6-7 thousand plus. They'll probably use that seating plan and black off the empty seats a la WWE.
if they can get 7'000 out to Lockdown that would be more then just great.

· Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
SO dose anyone else think if TNA covered up alot of the upperdeck seats in a place like this with a white screen or anything clean white and flat and projected pics of wrestlers and there names or whatever else you wanted too it would look great on TV

· Registered
421 Posts
The pre sale starts tomorrow apparently so we'll see for sure tomorrow if they change the set up. I plan to go but won't be able to get tickets during the pre-sale though. I doubt all the good seats will be taken up by the time the regular sale date starts so it shouldn't be a big deal.

· Registered
421 Posts
When I went to the box offfice yesterday to buy tickets during the local minor league hockey game (where Abyss actually was dropping the ceremonial first puck that night) when the person pulled out seating chart for the event it looked like they had a half arena type setup from what I remember.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.