Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
TNA Believer
4,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION (TNA) WRESTLING LAUNCHES ANTI-BULLYING CAMPAIGN
TNA’s “Eliminate the Hate” Campaign Launches This Week

Total Nonstop Action (TNA) Wrestling wants to put a headlock on bullying, an epidemic that has gripped the U.S. for decades, but has recently gained national attention this fall with its link to a number of teen suicides.

TNA officials today announced TNA’s “Eliminate the Hate” campaign, aimed at ending bullying of all kinds.

TNA Wrestling is implementing a massive marketing effort for their “Eliminate the Hate” campaign. PSAs will be featured on TNA programming, including its Thursday night line-up on Spike (TNA iMPACT! and ReAction/ 9pm-12am ET). In addition, spots will be placed on all other TNA Wrestling platforms, including their website (www.tnawrestling.com), DVDs and all social networking sites including Facebook® and Twitter®.

TNA is also working closely with the hit Sirius XM® primetime show, Derek & Romaine, as well as other Sirius XM® programs, and with broadcast partner Spike, who will air the PSAs across their network.

There are several TNA Wrestling superstars who know all too well about the childhood trials and tribulations of being bullied because they once were on the receiving end of unwanted, unprovoked, persistent taunts from bullies.

TNA’s Mr. Anderson, for instance, was bullied as a teen growing up in Two Rivers, Wis., and Fortune member Kazarian was well aware of bullying taunts as a youngster growing up in Southern California. “The Pope” D’Angelo Dinero was bullied while growing up in Jacksonville, Fla., but turned the tables in high school – and protected those who were being bullied.

“Sadly, bullying is a national problem, and it crosses into all races, religions and every socioeconomic status,” Anderson said. He added a personal note, "Growing up, I was bullied until I was a freshman in high school because I didn't conform to a group or play sports. I was open that I liked video gaming and comic books and got picked on for that. I eventually took Tae Kwon Do and Eskrima lessons because the bullying was relentless and I thought it would come to a fight. But when the bullies heard I was taking martial arts classes, they backed off.”

“Everyone at TNA stands firmly behind this new anti-bullying campaign. The bullying must stop, and we want to take a stand,” said TNA Chief Marketing Officer, Al Ovadia, himself a father of two. “There’s no place in our schools for bullying, be it based on a student’s looks, race, sexual orientation or anything else.”

TNA launched its “Eliminate The Hate” campaign this week in conjunction with Jeff Hardy’s appearance on The Talk (CBS-TV) when Hardy appeared in support of a bullied teen. Hardy, the reigning TNA World Heavyweight Champion, personally invited Tyler Wilson, 11, to Orlando, Fla., for a taping of “TNA iMPACT!” on Spike TV (Thursday, 9 p.m. ET), including a backstage meet-and-greet with other TNA Superstars.

“I’m happy to support Tyler and anyone who has been bullied, and I know I can say that all of the other wrestlers on the TNA roster agree with me on this stance: the bullying needs to stop, now,” Hardy said. “I guarantee Tyler will have an amazing time in Orlando and know he will be the envy of his class after his trip.”

One of the largest studies ever on bullying, the Ethics of American Youth Survey by the Josephson Institute of Ethics, finds 50 percent of those surveyed said they had “bullied, teased or taunted someone at least once,” and 47 percent had been “bullied, teased or taunted in a way that seriously upset me at least once.” The study, from the non-profit based in Los Angeles, surveyed 43,321 teens ages 15 to 18, from 78 public and 22 private schools.

fantastic initiative by TNA.

·
The Dynasty
473 Posts
Really?? Ya know... This is great and all but uh... Really!?!? TNA is fighting a war that can't be won sadly.

·
Premium Member
25,943 Posts
Good for them.
Will it really make a difference? Probably not but it's nice that they're getting out of their bubble for a good reason.

·
Usertitle ist hier
11,699 Posts
I like the idea but the cynic in me says its a very hollow thing to do and similar to WWE's trumpeting of themselves, it's all for politics and to be seen in a positive light.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
I like the idea but the cynic in me says its a very hollow thing to do and similar to WWE's trumpeting of themselves, it's all for politics and to be seen in a positive light.
My thoughts, noone ever does such campaigns out of pure goodwill, people just aren't that nice. That said, I guess it's still a good idea and the message they want to deliver, no doubt about that.

·
Banned
386 Posts
The knockouts call each other whores and skanks in every segment.

Orlando is hardly a progressive gay character either.

THIS FUCKING COMPANY

·
Purebred Powerhouse
5,754 Posts
It sends a good message. I think a few of you are being ridiculous in your expectations though. Would you really want a wrestling product without bullying and taunting?

Try and be serious.

That's like ripping on WWE for telling kids not to try things at home & then performing those same moves (and worse) on television every week.

Good for TNA, by the way. They need to do more things to get their brand and image out there, especially anything that stands to put them in a positive light.

·
Usertitle ist hier
11,699 Posts
I don't disuade TNA from doing this, I just think they have seen a situation with bullying, especially of gay kids, and have been rather self indulgent in taking it to task. It's only when it comes to national spotlight that they do something. That's not right.

Anderson Cooper for example, I know it's different as he is gay, but he's been trumpeting this cause and keeping people aware of it for many months and years before it became such an issue.

Something tells me this won't be a long-term thing and it'll be forgotten about and the problem is, you can never just stop supporting the cause. Once you voice support for it and if you don't follow it through with some real help for these victims and making people aware of it, it just cheapens what you are doing and makes you look like utter dickheads.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Jesus TNA tries to capitalize on every fad on any fad don't they. From Pacman Jones to jersey shore to the hollywood anti bullying shit.

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
Jesus TNA tries to capitalize on every fad on any fad don't they. From Pacman Jones to jersey shore to the hollywood anti bullying shit.
Well atleast they try and capatialize on shit that's relevant. WWE and VKM are so out of touch with everything happening outside of WWE it's insane.

·
Registered
13,042 Posts
All it looks like to me is some PSAs and a couple of appearances for the first couple of months until people move on to something else. Nothing wrong with it, could rip them for a thousand things more deserving then this.

·
Premium Member
25,943 Posts
I honestly have no idea why anyone would think that this is a stupid idea.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Fam feud, anti-concussion, anti-bullying. Aside from Russo, Eric, and Hogan...good work.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts