Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Sabu isn't just RVD's buddy he was a big part of ECW's rise and still puts on decent hardcore matches. While it can be argued Sandman was part of that rise no one will argue that he has never had a great match.That the diff... Sabu can still go Sandman never could.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
I read somewhere that RVD wanted Sabu back to TNA when he joined.
They've both had stints in TNA anyway. Obviously they want to get as much people in for the invasion, whenever that'll happen. Until then, more crowd interruptions in random matches.

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,207 Posts
With all the talent they have I don't think they need to sign new people.

Its gotten to the point where if they had stronger ratings they could almost justify a B show.

TNA is packed as it is, even if they would fit the ECW storyline there are enough ECW people with the company now that it isn't needed.

·
Shut your mouth and rest in peace!
1,288 Posts
No... just, no. They wont bring anything to TNA. Sabu botching every move, and Sandman busting his forehead open every match with a beercan. Just.. no.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Really? You people are excited over this? This is just another horrendous decision to bring these two in. I would be happpy if I never had to watch Sabu botch another big spot, and I would be equally happy to never have Sandman come across my TV screen ever again. These two guys are dealing with broken, and I mean broken, bodies. TNA has enough talent on the roster in the first place to put into this supposed "Invasion" storyline than to resort to these two talentless hacks.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
how is anyone thinking this is sweet.

Sabu was god awful ten years ago. you think he's gotten any better? he's still pretty fucking awful, and just generally dangerous to have around your other wrestlers. and nothing needs to be said about sandman that dude is just a huge mess.

this shouldn't even be in the thought process, hopefully it dies soon if this is legit.

·
Banned
8,283 Posts
Sandman is cool for some beer drinking nostalgia but Sabu like Tommy Dreamer maybe the only two out of this whole storyline that still have something to offer. Dreamer is a pretty good wrestler and maybe can still do some hardcore matches while we already know that Sabu is one of the craziest maniacs in the ring we've ever seen. Sabu for some reason never really did much work in CZW but he's smart to do so because he probably would have died if he worked there long enough. CZW is where it's at for that type of wrestling. I don't know if anybody wants to see Sandman or any of those guys aside from ECW nostalgia. I mean I'm a big ECW fan and I want to see it kinda but I know their not gonna be able to top anything they've done in the past. What they were doing in that day now in present day is done well by guys like Zandig and JC Bailey at Tournament of Deaths.

To pay some of these guys seems like a waste of money if they are trying to release people to budget money and make cutbacks. I'd love to see Sandman for a few weeks for nostalgia but Sabu is the only guy that might still be willing to go out there and get busted open all over his body and bleed and do violent matches. I mean what are you gonna get out of having a ECW angle if we've seen it done before and we've seen all these guys except for Dreamer wrestle in TNA just 5 or 6 years ago. This just seems like another lame attempt by TNA to say we've got this one or that one.

It's like when they said we've got RVD, oh we've got Hardy, we've got Hogan. This is the same thing except in the form of ECW. I know there's still a lot of fans of the original ECW but this angle is going to get very old very fast. They can't use the name ECW due to copyrights but that's not even that detrimental to this and why it won't be a draw for TNA and make money. Hardcore wrestling fans that give money to go to shows and see that stuff are very slim out there now and the ones that are out there have moved on to CZW since 2001 when ECW went out of business. When you look at this aside from Sabu who could even do those type of matches. Their all 40 plus old past their prime aging men. This is typical TNA to rely on past superstars.

If Paul Heyman does come in to TNA I think it could work well if he does it for a paycheck and to be a on screen character. There is way too many problems in TNA for even him to be able to fix it. He would of course be by far the best booker they ever had and if they gave him full control sometime after they rid TNA of all the garbage such as Russo, Hogan, and Bishoff then revamp the whole product and set, and give Heyman total control then I'm all for it. The problem with TNA just like ROH is they try to be bigger than they realy are. Unless they have a billionaire and everything behind them and they have an extremely competent smart wrestling mind running things then they shouldn't even try to be bigger and increase ratings and make big profits or what have you because they never will.

TNA just needs to be a indy fed and appreciate their tv deal with spike tv. Get rid of all these old wrestlers like Nash and rely on giving wrestling fans good wrestling matches and build up characters into legends through great 5 star matches and get people to wanna buy the ppvs every month and come back. Until then TNA will lose fans to ROH that wanna see real good wrestling that they use to put on at one point when they stole away guys like Samoe Joe, AJ Styles, and so many others from ROH. They will also have people from WWE interested and gain them as fans but will eventually lose them as well because people will realize their is little wrestling in it, a lot of non sense, and it's basically WWE lite mixed with some ridiculous cheap non-pg story lines like Abyss/Chelsea .... angle and bleeding in matches for no reason. The only acceptable bleeding I've seen was the matches Angle had with Anderson, the build up to that, as well as the cage match Angle had with Wolfe at Final Resolution.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
No, no, no, NO!

Dreamer I can can stand, because I felt that he was underused and underappreciated in ECW's dying days.

Stevie Richards I can stand, because even if he can't go in the ring, he sure looks like he can.

Raven? Sure, he needs to be involved in something so that TNA doesn't forget about him.

It's always good to see Rhino on my screen. TNA needs to use him more.

But Sabu & Sandman? Hell no! Why? You have RVD & 3D already, plus the guys mentioned above. Bring in Heyman, and that's more than enough. Plus, TNA needs to keep the focus on the younger generation. Samoa Joe, Ink Inc., Abyss....these are the guys that need to be a focal part of this invasion, not washed-up rejects with limited appeal.

·
A superhero that saves your GF from your sex game.
3,830 Posts
Why the blue hell are they bringing in every single ECW member except for the one who they NEED to bring in in PAUL E. HEYMAN?!?!?!?!?!

2000th post! YES!!!:cool::hb

1 - 20 of 135 Posts