Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Last Saturday I went to the TNA show in Paris France with front row tickets. Man, what a day! Had a meet and greet with 9 wrestlers before the show and after the show they also were giving autographs and pics. Even Dixie Carter was there.

This was the card:

iMPACT! 22 January 2011, Paris

- X-Division Championship
Kazarian vs. Chris Sabin vs. Mark Haskins

- Madison Rayne & Tara vs. Angelina Love & Mickie James

- Matt Hardy vs. Rob Van Dam

- TNA Tag Team Championship
Beer Money Inc. w/ Ric Flair vs. Douglas Williams & Magnus

- The Pope & Jeff Jarrett vs. Matt Morgan & Shannon Moore

- Dixie Carter special appearance

- TNA World Heavyweight Championship
Mr. Anderson vs. Jeff Hardy

Unfortunately Kurt Angle wasn't there (he was there the day before in Lyon, but due to his wife being in early labour he understandably went home early).

Biggest pops:
1. Jeff Hardy [his entrance, during the match other fans noticed he was heel and then starting booing]
2. Ric Flair
3. Mr. Anderson

Biggest heat:
1. Jeff Jarrett, who was mocking Paris :p
2. Matt Hardy [played his heel role good]
3. The Pope.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Really good card by the sound of it, glad you had a good time. Im pretty annoyed cuz I bought a platinum ticket on ticketmaster thinking it included a meet n greet (it cost £80) but after some research it looks like its just a normal ticket. So now I am dying for a fan interaction for Manchester on the 28th :(

·
8,232 Posts
Read a couple reports on this but I can't for the life of me get any attendance info.

Approx how many people were there?

·
Registered
6,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Read a couple reports on this but I can't for the life of me get any attendance info.

Approx how many people were there?
Hard to say exactly, but the entire ringside was sold out and the 2nd row block for about 70%.

·
Registered
5,762 Posts
From a report on PWTorch :

I attended the TNA live event Saturday, which began at 8:00 p.m. and ended at 11:00 p.m. The Zenith was at 70-75 percent capacity with the upper section empty.
I estimate 1,500-2,000 in attendance. The French play-by-play announcer announced the first match.

·
8,232 Posts
Thanks

I figured TNA had way more fans than that in the France for crying out loud!

Not to mention they promoted the shows for nearly a year.

·
Registered
319 Posts
They probably lost so much money on this trip. To take a talent roster overseas, pay for the hotels, airlines, transportation, etc. only to draw 1,500-2,000 is sad. Add in arena and ring rental and they best have had one hell of a hot merchandise table.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I'd say with 35$ t-shirts and 20$ programs selling out like hotcakes + around 2000 people @ at 45 to 100$ (150$ for the meet & greet) a seat, they probably made way more than enough to balance everything out in the end. After all, TNA's house show operations are a well-oiled machine, optimized to make the most money out of every show...

The show was fun (seing Hardy bust out a GTS & a RKO in the same match cracked me up), even though my friend & I were seated right next to to unsufferable net smarks who did nothing but criticize every single detail of the show in a loud obnoxious "I want everybody around me to know that I'm smarter than you" voice.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Im going to the Glasgow show on Thur and have meet and greet tickets. Which wrestlers were at the meet and greet? Was it at the end of the show you got the signed pics?

·
Registered
395 Posts
The Meet & Greet was before the show : they let you in the arena, and you meet whomever is there at that time, whether doing their warm-up in the ring, hanging out backstage, around the ring, and so on. IIRC what one of my friends told me, Mickie was there, RVD, the other KOs, Morgan, Beer Money, and some others.
And TNA also did the "wrestlers come around the ring after the show to sign stuff" bit, which they didn't do last year.

·
Registered
560 Posts
They probably lost so much money on this trip. To take a talent roster overseas, pay for the hotels, airlines, transportation, etc. only to draw 1,500-2,000 is sad. Add in arena and ring rental and they best have had one hell of a hot merchandise table.
typical hater. Someone says they had a good experience at a show, and someone has to still talk shit about it

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Show in Ireland is sold out. It's on right now btw.

·
Registered
319 Posts
typical hater. Someone says they had a good experience at a show, and someone has to still talk shit about it
You're a typical wrestling fan with limited vision beyond general belief. I'm in no way shitting on the show or the experience, rather I'm commenting that it was probably a poor decision business wise for TNA to spend all the money for little return. Of course, I don't know the actual figures so I'm just speculating.

Come on, let's play the game of "who can put each other down on the internet". You seem to be very good and overly original in the subject, so I'd like to see what you can come up with.

·
Registered
984 Posts
You're a typical wrestling fan with limited vision beyond general belief. I'm in no way shitting on the show or the experience, rather I'm commenting that it was probably a poor decision business wise for TNA to spend all the money for little return. Of course, I don't know the actual figures so I'm just speculating.

Come on, let's play the game of "who can put each other down on the internet". You seem to be very good and overly original in the subject, so I'd like to see what you can come up with.
Regardless if they lost money, TNA house shows are generally considered to be great experiences, with great fan interaction. They usually draw good crowds for house shows too. You have to give them credit that they are TRYING to expand their audience overseas. It's clear they care about the fanbase, which I think should be appreciated regardless of how much money they make.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts

dude chill out its not that serious

1 - 20 of 24 Posts