Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Mmmm juicy
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i was just listening to WON and meltzer and alvarez were talking about how much wrestling there is these days.
Then they said that they might not have time to watch it all and mentioned companies like NJPW, WWE, AEW plus some other indy promotions.
Then after a few minutes i couldnt help but notice that they didnt mention TNA/IMPACT. That just made me feel kinda sad.

SO whats going on with TNA, anybody watch em anymore? i know i havent in ages.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I hear they're doing pretty well these days. I still can't bring myself to watch though. Not with Josh Matthews on commentary. I'd take a 3 man team of byron Saxton, Alex marvez and renee young over Josh. Any day of the damn week

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
The thing about Impact is that they were shuffled around so much these last couple of years I couldn't tell you what channel they're on or even what time they're on. I think there was a point where they were streaming on Twitch as well. So they have become forgotten which is too bad as it sounded like the right people were put in charge and they do have talent on their roster.

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
last thing I remember seeing was this embarrassing pile of shit.

I honestly havnt seen anything since, don't know whether it even gets broadcast here anymore, probably not.

·
7,174 Posts
Reactions: jpickens

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Impact has been consistently entertaining... in fact I’d say its the most entertaining North American wrestling program out right now (keep in mind AEW is excluded from the conversation due to the lack of a weekly program).

Impact’s main issue is locking down their roster. Theres alot of shuffling and that makes it somewhat hard to invest in some guys knowing they’ll be gone in like a year. If Impact could maintain its roster, the North American wrestling scene would quite interesting with WWE, AEW, and MLW all being viable wrestling programs to watch. I cant speak for international wrestling but obviously NJPW is putting out entertaining content but I think the once booming British wrestling scene has been effectively stomped out by WWE via NXT UK.

Overall, people would probably be quite entertained if they took a chance and watch a few episodes of Impact

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
They do have decent storylines, but their presentation and camera angles need improvement. It always sucks to hear that a good wrestler demands his release every few months from Impact as you can see the change in the storylines because of it, totally ruins momentum, and then the wrestlers who demanded be released act as if they are surprised by the revelation or leak even though it actually was their own request. Commentary with Don and Josh is decent. I have no idea why they keep jumping from network to network as that pisses off their U.S customers. They are on Fight Network in Canada which is actually a good channel even if they own it. Basically, they are stuck in potential mode.

·
Intoner
6,589 Posts
In ring product is solid and best it has been in years, writing is the strongest in the business today, production is cheap and roster is okay.

I'd say everyone who consider themselves a wrestling fan should give it a good look. And you can do it for free on twitch on fridays and mondays or just via youtube highlights which are suprisingly very well made most of the time.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
they messed up, messed up again, messed up some more, kept on messing up, couldn't stop messing up

so everyone just gave up on them

they are still around but only as a desperate buyout, found a somewhat secure tree to build a nest that's at least bigger than most, still struggling to find any relevancy, much like any decent indy promotion that isn't going out of business any time soon

·
Registered
606 Posts
So i was just listening to WON and meltzer and alvarez were talking about how much wrestling there is these days.
Then they said that they might not have time to watch it all and mentioned companies like NJPW, WWE, AEW plus some other indy promotions.
Then after a few minutes i couldnt help but notice that they didnt mention TNA/IMPACT. That just made me feel kinda sad.

SO whats going on with TNA, anybody watch em anymore? i know i havent in ages.
Unfortunately despite beign the best wrestling show on TV Impact still suffers from the stench of TNA.

It's pretty sad that management back then screwed things up so much.

Melzter and other wrestling media members have been a little biased against TNA/Impact for a while. It's pathetic but that's just the way it is.

It's a complete joke that they wouldn't even mention it trying to act like Impact is so minor nobody notices what they're doing. He marked out for Slammiversary and said they have been putting on amazing shows yet he doesn't even watch or mention them?

Oh btw, NJPW is very overrated. Yeah, I said it.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Most people seem to think that TNA is suffering now because of its past. Actually I'd say it's the opposite, ever since the rebrand to Impact Wrestling the fanbase and awareness of the product has dwindled.
TNA might have been car crash TV, but it was a lot of peoples guilty pleasure I think. TNA had notoriety and in turn brand awareness, something you really can't buy.
That being said professional wrestling as a whole is in decline, not just TNA / Impact Wrestling.

·
7,174 Posts
I believe it part of the Channel 5 selection of channels. Which would put it as lower quality than the babe station channels! :lol
ah yes, its apparently a sister channel of channel 5 that lists "quiz call" as part of its program list.......the program that comes on at 3am when you are pissed out your skull and they are saying shit like "just ring and guess the answer for £90 a minute with a £200 connection fee"

Reactions: Ninja Hedgehog

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Meltzer tries not to promote Impact unless there's a story that can't be avoided. If They are doing well, he ignores it for the most part.

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
They do have decent storylines, but their presentation and camera angles need improvement. It always sucks to hear that a good wrestler demands his release every few months from Impact as you can see the change in the storylines because of it, totally ruins momentum, and then the wrestlers who demanded be released act as if they are surprised by the revelation or leak even though it actually was their own request. Commentary with Don and Josh is decent. I have no idea why they keep jumping from network to network as that pisses off their U.S customers. They are on Fight Network in Canada which is actually a good channel even if they own it. Basically, they are stuck in potential mode.
17 years in......

1 - 20 of 25 Posts