Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
5,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No actual number yet but the viewership was 1.27 million viewers according to PWTorch. Last weeks was 1.22 million.

Caldwell's Analysis: Since returning to Thursday nights, Impact has settled into a 1.20-1.35 million viewers range after being in the 1.50-1.80 million viewers range at the beginning of the year on Thursday nights. At this point, it seems like it doesn't matter whether Impact is great, average, or terrible. The lack of awareness for the brand and losing viewers after the Monday night experiment is keeping TNA at the same level without showing signs of re-building the audience.

The number will most likely be around 0.99-1.05, give or take.

May 20 - 1.29 million viewers ( 0.96 )
May 27 - 1.34 million viewers ( 0.96 )
June 3 - 1.05 million viewers ( 0.86 )
Jun 10 - 1.28 million viewers ( 0.99 )
Jun 17 - 1.21 million viewers ( 0.99 )
Jun 24 - 1.22 million viewers ( 0.99 )
July 1 - 1.27 million viewers

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
This should probably get at least an unrounded 1.0 rating. TNA used to get better ratings than this, but after the Hogan fuckup and the Monday Night Massacre, shit's gone down. At least the show quality has increased after the return to Thursdays.

·
Banned
773 Posts
no matter what tna put on new fans are not watching. The monday night wars was one of tna worst decisions and they have lost some of there audience and i dont think they will regain it soon.

·
Banned
3,750 Posts
Solid rating in keeping with the consistency of weeks gone by. The show was terrific in my opinion so it's a shame that it didn't draw higher. Here's hoping that next week we'll see an increase. TV ratings aside, I'm happy that at least TNA are putting on a very good product.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Well, it's only obvious that taking the time to go to Monday Nights, head to head with Raw in such a short period of time, then turning back around in an even shorter period of time and going back to Thursday Nights would only make sense for the viewership to go down. In fact, I expected TNA to be getting in the .07 range when they announced they are going back to Thursday, so they exceeded my expectations viewers wise.

Now, with that said, the rating is IRRELEVANT on how I feel about TNA. I've been highly entertained the past month or so and have seen MAJOR uplifting in the product as well as storyline and TNA has been working their ass off thus far. People look into ratings too much, it'll hover around there for sometime. If they keep on putting on great shows like they have been, the TNA fans win. Screw anyone else.

·
Banned
117 Posts
Shame the ratings don't reflect the product. The product has been getting better the last few weeks but the ratings have been stagnant. But hey! At least the viewership went up!

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Another solid show. I just hope they're happy about keeping this rating for a while, because the show is fantastic. I would hate for them to go all ADD again like they did on the move to Mondays to try to bring in ratings.

·
Banned
3,750 Posts
Another solid show. I just hope they're happy about keeping this rating for a while, because the show is fantastic. I would hate for them to go all ADD again like they did on the move to Mondays to try to bring in ratings.
Exactly. The only growth TNA should be looking for is natural growth by building stars and building storylines slowly (AJ/Kaz, Lethal/Flair, Angles rise, Kendrick/Williams, Morgan/Hernandez).

Still, at least TNA is beating NXT which has had a TON of advertisement.

·
Sly as a fox, ferocious as a lion
3,031 Posts
Exactly. The only growth TNA should be looking for is natural growth by building stars and building storylines slowly (AJ/Kaz, Lethal/Flair, Angles rise, Kendrick/Williams, Morgan/Hernandez).

Still, at least TNA is beating NXT which has had a TON of advertisement.
I agree. "Rome wasn't built in a day."

·
Registered
299 Posts
They need to get out of the Impact Zone and start doing live shows on Spike if they want their ratings to go up. Like most though I have really been enjoying the last month and don't care how the ratings stack up with WWE

·
Registered
11,568 Posts
Solid shows will keep the ratings steady but to grow you need consistent good shows. Impact hasn't had a great show in awhile.

Mid South grew their audience by putting on good to great shows each week same with World Class,Hardcore TV,Nitro,late 90's Raw's. That's how you grow an audience. Thursday Impact was okay, nothing terrible(besides Pope promo,awful promo that wouldn't get over in front of a REAL AUDIENCE). TNA needs to be putting on good shows every week.

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
Pope would get over huge in front of a "real audience". Robot Orton is over huge and you don't think fans would except a guy who actually CAN cut a promo?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Solid shows will keep the ratings steady but to grow you need consistent good shows. Impact hasn't had a great show in awhile.

Mid South grew their audience by putting on good to great shows each week same with World Class,Hardcore TV,Nitro,late 90's Raw's. That's how you grow an audience. Thursday Impact was okay, nothing terrible(besides Pope promo,awful promo that wouldn't get over in front of a REAL AUDIENCE). TNA needs to be putting on good shows every week.
When he came to St. louis for lockdown he got just as big as a reaction as jeff hardy, cant get over my ass

1 - 20 of 72 Posts