Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im fairly new to TNA, about 3 months in now i guess, but i remember watching several years back for an episode or 2 when they used the 6 sided ring, and when i tuned in 3 months ago, of course it was gone.

Why did they decide to get rid of it? Was it just so that they could fit the mold a little better in order to try to get more fans? was is it to try and not look like "the octagon" Of UFC? Anybody know for sure?

I always though it was a very cool idea, and could have been a good draw for fans who want something a little different. Anyways, i was just curious.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
The six sided ring is just one of Hogan and Bischoff's many F***ups in TNA.

They called it a gimmick but IMO, it was part of TNA's identity and did help them stand out against WWE.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,588 Posts
Its a bit of a complicated subject to be honest. Hogan got rid of it back when showed up. He also brought in the old people ramp.

Some people miss the old ring. Some people dont. But all I know is that Hogan was booed pretty heavily when he unveiled it. The crowd chanted 'We want six Sides!' :lmao

·
8,232 Posts
Its a bit of a complicated subject to be honest. Hogan got rid of it back when showed up. He also brought in the old people ramp.

Some people miss the old ring. Some people dont. But all I know is that Hogan was booed pretty heavily when he unveiled it. The crowd chanted 'We want six Sides!' :lmao
The best part is when Hogan started shooting on the Six Sided Ring calling it a "gimmick."

:lmao

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I rather liked the six sided ring, but wasn't butthurt when it was gone. I always hated the wheelchair ramp though, limiting dives and action on the outside of the ring and all.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I kinda liked the 6 sided ring, but thought it was a bit small.
If they can admite failure to Monday Night so quickly, I have faith that eventually it may come back for a bit.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I don't know why fans are still whining over this. The ramp was one thing but the action in the ring is not going to change based off of how many sides a ring has fpalm

·
Perry Karavello
602 Posts
I think the six sides looked a little silly, and I didn't like the ramp that much either, but it's gone now so that's sweet.

·
Registered
990 Posts
The 6 sided ring was a gimmick and a poor way of TNA trying to distinguish itself as an alternative to WWE. I don't think Hogan calling it a playpen though was the best way of describing it.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
I actually liked the idea of a hexagonal ,any time my friends said they where watching tv and flicking through the channels and it would always catch their eye and they would stop to watch it.It was tna's identity really for a while ,now it's just bad booking.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
Im fairly new to TNA, about 3 months in now i guess, but i remember watching several years back for an episode or 2 when they used the 6 sided ring, and when i tuned in 3 months ago, of course it was gone.

Why did they decide to get rid of it? Was it just so that they could fit the mold a little better in order to try to get more fans? was is it to try and not look like "the octagon" Of UFC? Anybody know for sure?

I always though it was a very cool idea, and could have been a good draw for fans who want something a little different. Anyways, i was just curious.
They changed back to a 4 sided ring from 6 sides when Hogan & Bischoff came into TNA in January this year. It is thought that it was Hulk Hogan's idea to change the ring back 4 sides to make the product look more traditional.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
4 sides > 6 sides. I don't care how butthurt some of you still are over TNA losing it's "identity", that ring made basic in-ring moves awkward (anything involving an irish whip tbh). I never particularly liked it and it's one of the few things that Hogan got right imo.

·
Registered
230 Posts
that ring made basic in-ring moves awkward (anything involving an irish whip tbh)
Maybe, but that was the whole point; there are way too many irish whip sequences and corner spots in 4-sides wrestling and they all have been done to death.

·
Banned
3,750 Posts
TNA was at its best with the 6-sided ring (05/06) and at its worst with the 6-sided ring (07/08/09). So far with the 4-sided ring TNAs been a lot lot better and the ring change was definately something that helped TNA get better imo.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts