Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mike Mooneyham also said it actually took TNA some time before agreeing to send Kurt Angle home after his 37-weeks pregnant girlfriend passed out due to high blood pressure and they had to induce labor, which caused him to not get home in time for her delivery. He said Angle was told by other wrestlers to go home immediately but he was waiting for the okay from the company, which did tell him to go home after the first show of the tour.

from the observer

Listen here about 85 mins in.http://www.blogtalkradio.com/psp/2011/02/03/ringside-rap. Mooneyham,who was talking to Flair and some other guys on the tour mentions Kurt felt pressure from Dixie and management to stay longer,thus missing his daughter's birth.

Pretty awful.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
I'm surprised he waited, fuck a job, I'd have been gone the second I heard. Surprised other workers had to tell him he should leave immediately.

Pretty unusual that he'd not be told instantly, let alone have arrangements made by the company, to go home. That's the sort of situation where there should be no delay.

Dixie Carter has two children, right?

·
Registered
945 Posts
If it's true (dirtsheets never lie) then BIG BIG mistake on TNA's part. His contract expires in August and this would be a terrible way to start negotiations.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If it's true (dirtsheets never lie) then BIG BIG mistake on TNA's part. His contract expires in August and this would be a terrible way to start negotiations.
Not a dirtsheet. Mooneyham is just saying what Flair and some of the other tna guys told him.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Kurt's loyal to TNA. That's why he waited around. If his contract expires in August, he'll just renew it and when he's done, he'll just be behind the scenes as a agent or producer.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I find this hard to believe, Dixie Carter would not of waited to the last minuate to give Kurt permission to go home, Dixie Carter is not VKM she cares about her employees wellbeing.

·
Premium Member
30,980 Posts
Kurt's loyal to TNA. That's why he waited around. If his contract expires in August, he'll just renew it and when he's done, he'll just be behind the scenes as a agent or producer.
What exactly leads you to believe this?

·
Registered
453 Posts
Yesh, umm, BULLSHIT.

Mike Mooneyham is full of crap and has no proof for anything he ever says. Angle went out of his way to thank Dixie Carter for letting him leave and talked about what a great company they are. I don't think he'd be doing that if there was an issue over him getting permission to go home.

Really, this same tired line of attack that tries to paint TNA as some kind of heartless company that imprisones it's workers is old, tired, and baseless. And shouldn't be taken seriously anymore.

·
Banned
4,257 Posts

·
Comin' at you like a double-fisted kangaroo
21,054 Posts
Not hard to believe since a couple of other guys were missing and if Angle went they would lose their biggest star on the tour.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I find this hard to believe, Dixie Carter would not of waited to the last minuate to give Kurt permission to go home, Dixie Carter is not VKM she cares about her employees wellbeing.
Two words: Sunglass Hut.

She also doesn't pay for injuries that occur while guys are wrestling for her, Vince McMahon does.

·
Premium Member
30,980 Posts
He has said in many interviews about his future with TNA.
Lulz and you take that as the gospel like no one has ever gone against what they said in an interview? I'd be very surprised if Kurt doesn't end up back in WWE before he retires.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Sorry.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Really, this same tired line of attack that tries to paint TNA as some kind of heartless company that imprisones it's workers is old, tired, and baseless. And shouldn't be taken seriously anymore.

Don't offer decent wages to their employeers, despite spending thousands of celebrities, forcing many of them to have sidejobs.

Don't pay medical bills or pay to send guys to the hospital after the show. Even though they have the money, and not paying for that stuff is virtually unheard of for a national promotion (even ECW paid for that).

Pay the women slave wages and many have left over it. Even though they have the money.

Made Rob Terry take a chairshot to the head even after all the studies.

Continually sign guys with drug problems, purely for ratings. As soon as Kurt for fired from WWE for his drug use, TNA were basically on a quest to get him.

Block guys outside dates, mess around with indie promoters, and hurt their earning potential elsewhere.

Heartless isn't exactly out of line.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Don't offer decent wages to their employeers, despite spending thousands of celebrities, forcing many of them to have sidejobs.

Don't pay medical bills or pay to send guys to the hospital after the show. Even though they have the money, and not paying for that stuff is virtually unheard of for a national promotion (even ECW paid for that).

Pay the women slave wages and many have left over it. Even though they have the money.

Made Rob Terry take a chairshot to the head even after all the studies.

Continually sign guys with drug problems, purely for ratings. As soon as Kurt for fired from WWE for his drug use, TNA were basically on a quest to get him.

Block guys outside dates, mess around with indie promoters, and hurt their earning potential elsewhere.

Heartless isn't exactly out of line.
How much are these wages that you deem unfair exactly? I'd like to know.

Also, where can I find a drug test that shows Kurt Angle has a drug problem? As I recall, Kurt Angle was literaly on death watch when he was first signed and TNA was chastised daily for it, with the same "reporters" that you get your information from saying that they would have blood on their hands when something happens to him. Four years later, Kurt Angle is fine.

Lulz and you take that as the gospel like no one has ever gone against what they said in an interview? I'd be very surprised if Kurt doesn't end up back in WWE before he retires.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Sorry.
Right, the person that is actually involved in the situation--his words we shouldn't take is gospel, but Mike Mooneyham's baseless claims deserve to be stated as fact. Give me a break :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
30,980 Posts
What are you talking about? I didn't say anything about what Mike Mooneyham said, didn't even really read the OP. No one should take something someone says about a company in an interview while EMPLOYED by that same company as being the gospel. Kurt Angle is not going to work for WWE again because of some diplomatic thing he said in an interview? I don't think so.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I can use smilies too genius.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
How much are these wages that you deem unfair exactly? I'd like to know.
$300 a match with no expenses, including medical, is pretty unfair to me, especially when you're on tv on a show that makes a lot of money for tna and spike.

Also, where can I find a drug test that shows Kurt Angle has a drug problem? As I recall, Kurt Angle was literaly on death watch when he was first signed and TNA was chastised daily for it, with the same "reporters" that you get your information from saying that they would have blood on their hands when something happens to him. Four years later, Kurt Angle is fine.

Kurt has said himself he had a serious drug problem and Karen told him she thought he was going to die. If the guy's own wife was worried, yeah, I'd say the deathwatch thing was real.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.