Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
6,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you also agree that TNA has to many brawls/beatups? Almost every iMPACT and/or Reaction episode, there is a (big) brawl or beatup on a single wrestler. In my opinion, they shouldn't do it this much, because when they are doing this with more time between them, they will be more 'special' as they are now.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I was going to make this same thread, only I was going to focus on the brawls.

THEY BLOW.

I'm a huge TNA and will watch 99% of what they air, but when I see shows open up with lame brawls that I know will last ten minutes, I switch to videogames or another channel until I remember to go back.

Does TNA not know how stupid brawls look unless done very well? And how they lose their appeal (shock value, almost) when you do them every week? And that brawls should never last as long as they do on impact? And that a backstage brawl is NOT a suitable start of a feud?

I get so pissed because it's just so stupid.

·
Registered
287 Posts
It's Russo's standard get-out clause, really. If a show's going nowhere, you can be sure that Mike Tenay will announce that 'we hear that something's happening backstage', or a brawl will somehow emerge within the Impact Zone. A diversionary tactic - Russo is just hoping we'll get caught up in the action and won't notice that he couldn't book a coherent two-hour show if his life depended on it.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
It's Russo's standard get-out clause, really. If a show's going nowhere, you can be sure that Mike Tenay will announce that 'we hear that something's happening backstage', or a brawl will somehow emerge within the Impact Zone. A diversionary tactic - Russo is just hoping we'll get caught up in the action and won't notice that he couldn't book a coherent two-hour show if his life depended on it.
Yeah, the brawls are a Russo thing.

·
Registered
188 Posts
yeah agreed its lame as hell

i was thinking about different YET INTRUIGING endings to iMPACT:

Immortal taking over the commentators booth ala outsiders n making threats for next week which could stir an interest, then trashing everything...

or backstage skits with people on the phone "yea our insurance policy will arrive next week and make an impact"

or just something other than a fucking beatdown basically..why not a monologue,from e.g. sting..similar to kane opening smackdown recently..

·
The Man
25,723 Posts
Yeah like someone said lol when you hear Mike Tenay say"we hear something is happening backstage" you already know its a brawl. Too many shows open up with brawls. Atleast start the show with some sort of promo then a brawl. Its just stupid seeing a random brawl thats starts without any of us truly knowing why

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
What i always think when i see them is if this is supposed to be an unscripted brawl why arent security breaking it up. Why do these 'unscripted' brawls only ever happen when nothing is going on in the ring. Surely it cant be that hard to think hang on we want people to try to believe this is actually happening. So have a match going on that gets interrupted by the brawl.

Maybe have the people in the ring stop there match to run backstage to split it up. Make it a bit more believable if the show looked like it stops because a fight has broken out backstage.

Also will never understand why so many need to happen just looks stupid.

·
Registered
593 Posts
You should be happy, you don't see female wrestlers beeing allowed to do this in WWE. At least you have the pleasure to see girls beeing used and they can show some skills. Or do you think, WWE would show you a Kelly Kelly vs Michelle vs Eve brawl? *lol* I mean really. It is just nice to see a female brawl. Next time I want Hamada as well. But she wouldn't do that.

·
Fedor's cornerman.
1,331 Posts
The worst part about the brawls is how unrealistic they are. Yes in a real fight me and my opponent are going to walk 300 feet away instead of staying right where we are.

·
Registered
709 Posts
It's realistic. When people are angry with each other, brawls and beat ups happen.
TELL me that watching Tara gasp and contort in pain after being thrown lightly into a very cushiony fence was realistic. :lmao

I can tolerate (bad word. I can APPRECIATE) good in-ring wrestling, or stunts on the outside, but watching grown adults play-fighting is just embarrassing.

·
Fedor's cornerman.
1,331 Posts
TELL me that watching Tara gasp and contort in pain after being thrown lightly into a very cushiony fence was realistic. :lmao

I can tolerate (bad word. I can APPRECIATE) good in-ring wrestling, or stunts on the outside, but watching grown adults play-fighting is just embarrassing.
This.

·
Registered
743 Posts

I was talking about the idea of brawls and fights. The execution is up to the performers, if they can't do it well, then it's on them.

·
Registered
10,592 Posts
You should be happy, you don't see female wrestlers beeing allowed to do this in WWE. At least you have the pleasure to see girls beeing used and they can show some skills. Or do you think, WWE would show you a Kelly Kelly vs Michelle vs Eve brawl? *lol* I mean really. It is just nice to see a female brawl. Next time I want Hamada as well. But she wouldn't do that.
Excuses, excuses, excuses!

It's realistic. When people are angry with each other, brawls and beat ups happen.
Yeah....... If you use a suplex in fights, then you've probably gotten your ass kicked all the time.

Also who the hell fights like that? Who holds someone by their head and walk 20 miles (over exaggerating I know) to a table to slam their head on it? Seriously they moved from inside the building, to outside to back inside. If your defense is "brawls are realistic" then use a brawl that looked like an actual fight rather than the shit that opened iMPACT.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts