Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so much of us have read the spoilers and it seems that the Main Event Mafia is returning...

Could TNA possible swerve us and have the Mafia join Immortal?

Wouldn't it be a better idea to have the Mafia join Immortal and have Fortune quit and become the faces?

Also, have Kurt and Steiner turn on Crimson...

Just imagine a heel stable that consists of

Hogan (leader)
Ric Flair
Eric Bischoff
Scott Steiner
Kurt Angle
Sting
Nash
Booker T
Lashley
Jeff Hardy
Jeff Jarrett
Abyss
Matt Hardy

VS

AJ Styles (leader)
Kazarian
Beer Money
Crimson
Amazing Red
Mr. Anderson
Matt Morgan
Doug Williams
Magnus
Desmond Wolfe (if he ever returns)

Have the new generation win the feud after a few months and they will have tons of credibility over the next few years in TNA.

The way I fear this feud will go however is that it will be Immortal vs Mafia which could be awful.

Kurt Angle
Steiner
Booker
Sting
Nash

vs

Hogan
Flair
Bischoff
Jarrett

No thanks.

Nobody will be put over cause the old folks will do all the talking and get most of the screen time.

Thoughts?

·
Banned
212 Posts
Nice Idea but I think that's too many members. Maybe, cut them down and it should work.

This board is a little too obsessed with who's old from who isn't old. I do like the idea of the new blood being put over.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
There is no sense whatsoever in Kurt Angle, Kevin Nash or Sting joining Immortal, that's a swerve for the sake of a swerve.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Smart plan.

Keep Sting away from Immortal though -- the guy is too loved to play heel. Lashley is a pointless signing. Not sure whether Angle should turn or not...

·
Premium Member
44,439 Posts
So Angle, Nash, & Sting, who have already gone against Immortal & its members are going to join up with them while all the champions in Fortune (Kaz, Beer Money) are going to get kicked out? Yeeeeeeah, I don't think that would work.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
So Angle, Nash, & Sting, who have already gone against Immortal & its members are going to join up with them while all the champions in Fortune (Kaz, Beer Money) are going to get kicked out? Yeeeeeeah, I don't think that would work.
Its possible. All they need is a badly done match and a sign with 'SWEEEERVE' written on it.

·
Oh My Goddess
3,580 Posts
I haven't read over too many spoilers lately, but Lashley?

The thought of Bobby and Abyss involved in the same angle on the same side is almost too painful to contemplate. Only thing that could be worse is having a one on one feud between them with plenty of mic time to go around. :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
First off Kurt would never join the same team as Jarret, too much personal conflict there and with the big build up of drama between the two it would be stupid to go 'Psyche' and have them on the same team. Sting and Nash didn't join then and I doubt they'll join now, Immortal and Fourtune are too big as they are now and Fourtune is to heel balanced for them to play good cops. In saying that AJ is definitely going to leave (IMO) though Kaz will stay with Ric and Beer Money are too damn good as heels to want to change, MEM will hopefully reform with the other scattered rebels and hopefully deliver some kick ass matches as the Dixie/Hogan war continues. I'm marking for AJ and Hardy to go at it (if the dumbass doesn't go to jail first -.-) hopefully the two talents will be able to bring out the currently dormant skill that the both of them have been lacking in lately.

·
Natasha Yi. WHAT A BABE.
7,761 Posts
No way.

I want the TNA Originals to fight Immortal. And that involves bringing back Christopher Daniels, which will never happen. *sigh*

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Jeff Hardy fought Abyss for months before the revelation of "They"

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
This obsession with pushing the 'TNA originals' is ridiculous.

Any angle that would involve having a bunch of fucking curtain jerkers like Crimson, Amazing Red and Magnus going over guys like Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Kurt Angle, Sting, Jeff Hardy, etc is fucking retarded.

That's like booking a gang angle in the WWE where you're jobbing Cena, Orton, Undertaker, Edge, etc out to Zack Ryder, Yoshi Tatsu, The Uso's, etc.

Just no.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
I'm sorry to take the jam out of the OP's donut but TNA had a golden opportunity back in late 2008 to really move forward when they debuted The Main Event Mafia which despite being just another stable to some people was actually something that we had never seen before because every member had been a World champion and also we were seeing a heelish Sting which had never been done before, i don't count the poor attempt in WCW. At that time in late 2008 we had seen Samoa Joe be a World champion and was being booked well and AJ Styles had been re-established as a major player and all seemed well but TNA can't book for shit and it eventually ended with a whimper rather than go out with a bang.

What happened was rather than have TNA use the younger wrestler's against The Main Event Mafia they decided to throw Team 3D in there and then rather than have the younger wrestler's wrestling against The Main Event Mafia in the big matches on PPV they had The Main Event Mafia feud with each other in Sting and Kurt Angle. There was Sting, Kurt Angle, Jeff Jarrett, Mick Foley, Kevin Nash, Team 3D, Scott Steiner and Booker T as the main focus for most of the year and then they just threw the TNA World title on AJ Styles from nowhere to end the feud between The Main Event Mafia and The Frontline with no real pay off blow off match.

So seeing how they fucked up The Main Event Mafia and their golden opportunity over two years ago when all of the older wrestler's were a couple of years younger and the stable was completely fresh and innovative and people like AJ Styles and Samoa Joe had a good build behind them i don't really hold much hope of this being any kind of golden opportunity for the company at all. Immortal is a piss poor stable that is being carried by Fortune despite it meant to be the other way round and Jeff Hardy as top heel was a horrible idea when Mr Anderson was a much better choice for the role which would have also fitted his gimmick as an asshole who can't be trusted.

Pitting The Main Event Mafia against Immortal isn't even fair when you compare Kurt Angle, Sting, Booker T, Kevin Nash and Scott Steiner with Samoa Joe a possibility against Jeff Hardy, Matt Hardy, Abyss and Jeff Jarrett even if you throw in Fortune as well because even Stevie Wonder can see that AJ Styles will almost certainly be turning face soon judging by how the storyline with Eric Bischoff is playing out which would then probably see the three former Forune guys in AJ Styles, Doug Williams and Matt Morgan against Beer Money and Frankie Kazarian.

I hate ranting about TNA because i really do want to love TNA and i really want to prefer it to WWE because TNA isn't a child orientated product and match quality in TNA is far superior to that in WWE but it is because TNA can't get their shit together that they will never rival WWE and will always be more on par with ROH in stature than WWE. The only golden opportunity that TNA would have would be if Dixie Carter had all power taken away from her and Hulk Hogan, Eric Bischoff and Vince Russo were all fired and then people like Mick Foley and Tommy Dreamer were moved backstage to work with the head booking team of Paul Heyman and Gabe Sapolsky and TNA was completely re-booted and if that didn't work then the company really is in trouble.

·
Registered
361 Posts
The situation outlined by the TS looks similar to the Frontline-MeM storyline which really did little to get the guys from the Frontline over.

I think bringing back the MeM to feud with Immortal is a better idea. At least the months of the Sting/Nash angle wouldn't be a total waste.

Plus, I quite enjoyed the MeM angle.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
This obsession with pushing the 'TNA originals' is ridiculous.

Any angle that would involve having a bunch of fucking curtain jerkers like Crimson, Amazing Red and Magnus going over guys like Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Kurt Angle, Sting, Jeff Hardy, etc is fucking retarded.

That's like booking a gang angle in the WWE where you're jobbing Cena, Orton, Undertaker, Edge, etc out to Zack Ryder, Yoshi Tatsu, The Uso's, etc.

Just no.
That's not the idea i'm pushing.. the idea is to push the less established talent.

Mr. Anderson, Matt Morgan, and The Pope would fall under that category

1 - 20 of 35 Posts