Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Coming from a graphic/video major, besides the outdated picture, it's really not that bad. It's simple, yes. But it's clean, effective, and the logo is a big improvement on last years.

Two months in a row, TNA went the simple, clean route and it's worked out for them.

·
StarStruck
2,038 Posts
Abyss? Meh? It's basic.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Abyss and out of focus flames. Someone needs to email TNA some photoshop tutorials.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Actually, it looks good. Finally, 2 good posters in a row.

·
Banned
8,283 Posts
Well all I must say about Abyss is when Hogan said he's gonna be the next Cena and be TNA's version of Cena I don't think he was on any serious drugs. Aside from the recent heel turn Abyss has been the most disliked terrible wrestler and worst gimmick out there. The way people dislike Cena then times that by 10 for me and you've got my opinion of Abyss.

·
Registered
6,849 Posts
OMFG. I mean WTF TNA. WTF..it's not the fact that Abyss is a shitty wrestler to have on it (if they're gonna push him, so be it), but it's the fact that whoever is in their gfx department obviously has no qualification in making graphics. All the picture is is a PSD with flames. I hate flames on anything. It looks tacky and cheap as fuck.

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
Yeah. What hurts TNA posters is the fact that they use the same PSDS all the time. Lee South doesn't have an hour at an Impact taping to pull a guy or girl aside and take some unique photos specifically for the event poster?

Imagine this idea:

Abyss standing there. Looking straight ahead. Degraned look in his eyes and wrapped in barbwire. Black background.

Simple. Clean. And doesn't look tacky.

·
HOPE
13,222 Posts
Honestly I know it's pretty clean, but it just looks really amateur to me, and as a promotional tool, it doesn't have that effect where people think "Hey, that looks pretty cool", unless, of course, five year olds or pyromaniacs count. Also not sure what fire has to do with Hard Justice, or what the theme of the poster is meant to be, but I doubt there's one. At least I hope there is, because as shitty as that would be for the poster, an inferno style match at Hard Justice would suck dick.

·
Registered
281 Posts
The flames look like they are from the Eyecandy package for photoshop. It's not that it's bad, it's that Abyss is on it, the flames really do look homo, and it's the same logo.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts