Wrestling Forum banner

Tna going to far?

3958 Views 50 Replies 37 Participants Last post by  kamatose
I am lost why do Tna think they are like pushing the evenalope by saying ass and frickin that is like grade 6 swear words.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

· Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not really I just do not understand why they like think just because they use swear words that like kids in grade 6 would use they think that is like cutting edge

· Registered
401 Posts
They dont. Swearing in society is proven to show anger or super aggression or pissed off. Spike TV lets them swear so they use it in there promo's. Lets be honest TNA is doing nothing Cutting Edge, but the demographic of Spike TV is 18-35 males thus swearing is only shown as aggression or anger.

· Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah well, who thinks its cool to be a mid 30 pushing 40 year old who uses little kid swear words and wears a baseball cap thats really cool :s

· Banned
2,418 Posts
Going too far? No. Making themselves look ridiculous? Yeah, kinda. I've noticed over the past few weeks that the amount of swearing has increased. I don't mind swearing - who does these days? - but I do find it disappointing that these performers apparently believe they can't achieve the same results without it. I think the sheer amount of it is, at this point, a little juvenile.

Profanity is best used to provide shock value, as ridiculous as that sounds in this day and age. When the Rock said "ass" for the first time on WWE TV in quite some time, it had more impact than a big chunk of the TNA roster using the word "fuck" on a weekly basis. There's no way it should be that way. TNA need to tone it down for it to mean something. If they don't, what's the point?

· I must away and tend to my ravens
12,061 Posts
Going too far? No. Making themselves look ridiculous? Yeah, kinda. I've noticed over the past few weeks that the amount of swearing has increased. I don't mind swearing - who does these days? - but I do find it disappointing that these performers apparently believe they can't achieve the same results without it. I think the sheer amount of it is, at this point, a little juvenile.

Profanity is best used to provide shock value, as ridiculous as that sounds in this day and age. When the Rock said "ass" for the first time on WWE TV in quite some time, it had more impact than a big chunk of the TNA roster using the word "fuck" on a weekly basis. There's no way it should be that way. TNA need to tone it down for it to mean something. If they don't, what's the point?
I completely agree with this, TNA overuse (or did when I was still watching) violence and profanity making it meaningless. However, WWE make mistakes of their own, the way they write promos demands a certain amount of profanity which they're unable to deliver; what both companies should do is change the style of writing to make it un-necassary. Watch this video to see waht I mean:

Jake doesn't use any profanity in this segment, his language is entirely clean and would technically be allowable in today's WWE; what would stop it from being used is that subject matter. If Jake had sworn it would actually have had less impact in my opinion, what makes it work is the malice in his eyes and his words.

· Registered
2,476 Posts
and why exactly does swearing on TNA bother you enough that you have to make a thread about it? it's not even overly done.
are mommy and daddy mad?

· Registered
9,884 Posts
You're offended by curse words on a wrestling show?

Reactions: Theproof
1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.