Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Source: Gerweck

TNA Genesis will be held on January 9th, 2011 at Universal Studios in Orlando. Go to http://prowrestlingevents.tk or http://prowrestlingevents.webs.com for info about upcoming wrestling shows worldwide.
It appears that TNA are still keeping PPVs every month. To disappoint people further, you'll be glad to know that Genesis is taking place in the same place it did last year...minus the wheelchair ramp.

With poor buyrates and other stuff, reducing PPVs needs to happen. Does anyone know when the PPV contracts actually expire, or is something stopping them from reducing them? TNA needs to go 6 PPVs a year with them all outside Orlando, because it is not good for business on either side.

·
StarStruck
2,038 Posts
Gawd, More IZ PPVs, I'm so sick of the IZ, I love TNA but the IZ pisses me off at times.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
bahahaha, why do i watch you tna?

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Wow, I'm shocked you guys expected anything different.

·
Premium Member
13,883 Posts
...wow dudes

Everyone was happy as fuck that Dixie Carter's mother was running the money side of things and that "money was tighter than ever". And you're still complaining that they aren't going out of the impact zone.

Make your minds up.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
Isnt the basis of this entire industry promoting a big fight, selling tickets, and getting people to pay good money to see your show? That's TNA's most basic problem of all really. They completely missed the point.

·
Premium Member
44,222 Posts
They need to take their PPVs on the road. When I watch a TNA PPV, I feel like I'm watching Impact, and that's not a good thing.

At the very least, they should get themselves another haven to host their PPVs. Go to a market where TNA has its strongest presence (say a venue in New York) and do your PPVs out of that place for a while, just to give the shows a different flavor from Impact. You can change the ring, the set, & the ramp all you want, but at the end of the day, its still the same arena infront of the same 1000 people every single show, and its boring. Just sayin'.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
This is just sad. I just don't see any effort from TNA anymore. They could at least make the Impact Zone look different for the PPVs.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
They need to take their PPVs on the road. When I watch a TNA PPV, I feel like I'm watching Impact, and that's not a good thing.

At the very least, they should get themselves another haven to host their PPVs. Go to a market where TNA has its strongest presence (say a venue in New York) and do your PPVs out of that place for a while, just to give the shows a different flavor from Impact. You can change the ring, the set, & the ramp all you want, but at the end of the day, its still the same arena infront of the same 1000 people every single show, and its boring. Just sayin'.
The saddest fact of all? Genesis marks the fact that its been a whole year of the new regime. What has changed in that time?

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
What a shame. I watched Turning Point with my girlfriend, who watches TNA on occasion with me, and she said "I didn't know Impact came on Sundays, what's going on?". That is not good lol.

If you're tightening the budget, I understand that. But then re-signing Team 3D and Nash and continuing to piss money away in useless areas while not having the nuts to fire people to trim the fat is backwards business. It's simple, common knowledge TNA needs to do road PPVs. Not only that, but have less of them. Turning Point wasn't needed. Storylines should have been built to Genesis instead. I streamed Turning Point and I'm so glad I didn't pay for it because it was a load of crap. If it was an Impact Live Special then okay, but a PPV? Get real. They could atleast change the rope colors, mat color, and ring skirts if they stay in the IZ. It makes a difference.

TNA needs to stick to markets that work for them. Somebody suggested doing PPVs in NY. Shit, why not? Just keep doing them there. Do good shows and charge for tickets and you got repeat customers. It's not that hard.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
They can do a lot to change up the Impact Zone from looking like how it does on Thursdays. Look at the first few PPVs that they had there in 2004 - 2005 when they would put up more logos and whatnot. Not to mention what they did for last year's Final Resolution with the changing of the ring ropes + the logos everywhere.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts