Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the past few weeks now, Impact did not end with a main event finish. Each week we "run out of time" at the end of Impact, and the main event continues into ReAction.

What do the IWC fans think of this strategy by TNA (and SpikeTV?)? It kinda forces us to watch ReAction if we wish to see the ending of Impact. Also, Im sure it screws with people who DVR Impact (but hopefully they have realized by now if you want to record Impact, you also need to record ReAction to see the full ending).

Personally, I usually only watch ReAction to see the main event fully finish, then I turn it off. How about the rest of you. Do you watch it, or turn it off?

Am I missing much by not watching ReAction? From my understanding, there is no wrestling matches on ReAction but its more of a behind the scenes interviews + promo videos? Is my understanding of ReAction wrong?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Well sadly for us UK viewers, we don't get ReAction, I think like once Bravo has shown the full ending from a ReAction overrun. Luckily I know places :p. But even if thats the case, I watch the rest of the ME and turn it off. Only time i've watched it all is when Russo was on it. But I just skipped to that bit anyway.

·
Premium Member
25,943 Posts
To be honest, Reaction can be more entertaining than Impact.
It's so ass backwards but they explain feuds on that show instead of on their flagship show...

·
Registered
858 Posts
I'm sorry it does not show in UK. I'm thankful that it runs into impact. it gives like closer to 2 full hours of the "show" instead of 1hr 40.

·
Registered
9,665 Posts
I think it's a pretty good strategy and I like that ReAction does a good job of explaining feuds. It's very well produced.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
I think tonight is the last episode of the planned 12 episode run. Unfortunately they've probably extended the run so they can still overlap stuff, which isn't great on the ratings side for TNA either if you check out the quarter hours.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
I basically see that as one show, so I don't mind. I would watch ReAction anyway.

·
Perry Karavello
602 Posts
I generally watch until the match is over and then see what is going to be on Reaction, and i generally stop watching it after that.

It's a good, well-produced show when I've seen it, I just don't care enough to sit through it every week.

·
Registered
858 Posts
it was a perfect build up for BFG.
it was good for the guys who like legitamacy to the feud.
it also gave a voice to some names you didn't hear much of therefore when they came to wrestle there was no emotion.
it also gave Jesse Neal too much time, ha ha ha

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
I really enjoy ReAction possibly more then Impact. Its just really fresh which is something you dont always get with professional wrestling.

·
Registered
859 Posts
after the match is finished, i leave it on in the background if im home. its similar to raw running about 15 past 11pm (maybe thats just in canada)....

but regardless, its a very good business strategy by TNA, one that we would all do if we were in their shoes

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I usually just watch till the end of the match, its obvious that its a ploy to get people to stay on spike and extra hour, but since i can change the channel i don't give a crap.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
I say it's brilliant having the shows run together, I really don't have a problem with it at all.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
It's great, I now no longer get to see the main event. The brilliant thing about living in the UK is TNA practically beg you not to watch the show, while somehow steadily growing in popularity. It's like an abusive relationship, but even the sex is pretty bad. Sex is Impact match quality in this scenario, I think.

·
8,232 Posts
I thoroughly enjoy ReAction. You can get some seriously kick ass promos on that show.

So it doesn't bother me at all that they extend the ME into ReAction. Not only do we get a longer main event out of it, but it's a strategy that's been working to their advantage based on ratings.

Good on them.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Wow, and here I thought I was the only one TNA duct taped to a chair when Reaction came on. :rolleyes:

I think it's a good idea as I don't think they've had problems with matches with time limits expiring since they started using Reaction to finish the ME. I usually watch half of Reaction and just turn it off, it depends really.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts