Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
TNA Entertainment Releases Statement Regarding Current Litigation

NASHVILLE, Tenn -- TNA Entertainment, LLC President Dixie Carter releases a statement in regard to the recent TRO (Temporary Restraining Order) the company filed against WWE in the Davidson County Circuit Court in Nashville, Tennessee.

TNA President Dixie Carter states, "We were not surprised that the Court originally granted a swift temporary restraining order against WWE to prohibit interference with TNA's contracts and business relationships. I'm pleased that the Court has now replaced that temporary measure with the most recent judicial Order. The Judge's current Order sends a strong message about the importance of TNA protecting its trade secrets. Obviously, the accuracy of what WWE has represented remains important, so I look forward to the discovery process and what is revealed during litigation. As always, we will vigorously protect TNA and its brand from damage at the hands of any and all sources, no matter who is involved."

wwe's repsonse-

As of June 8th after statements made to the court about the WWE computer network and how they policed it looking for evidence that the file former office worker Brian Wittenstein had dispersed confidential TNA information to anyone beyond John Laurinaitis, the temporary restraining order against WWE was officially dissolved.

Also filed on June 8th was a letter from WWE attorney Jerry McDevitt to TNA legal counsel Erika Blonquist, stating that he wanted to document several facts for the record before the case moved forward, He wrote the following:

"First, and as I advised you orally on the phone during our recent conference call, WWE has not solicited Ric Flair to leave TNA and enter into a contract with WWE. WWE has made no offer to Flair and has no intention of doing so.

Second, as I also advised you, WWE has not solicited any other current TNA talent to repudiate their contracts and enter into a contract with WWE. WWE has no interest in current TNA talent."

could this keep flair and possibly alex shelly from signing with wwe?

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
they have no interest in tna talent ? uh...then why are ric flair and matt morgan both rumored to be going back to wwe ? bullshit...

·
Congratulations, you played yourself
9,530 Posts
LOL. Like WWE wouldn't take Flair back. I can just imagine him showing up on Raw 1000 and WWE will talk about how he was paid per appearance. Thats the shit they would pull.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well im no joseph park, but if its proven that wwe offered contracts to flair and shelly while they were still under tna contract, would that keep them from being able to sign with wwe? any1 know?

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
UPDATE-

A judge has prevented WWE from hiring any worker that has been under TNA contract in the past sixty days through an injunction. This will prevent the company from signing either Alex Shelley or Ric Flair until it is lifted.

thats actually big news.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Kind of silly on TNA's part. Yes, because Shelley and Flair aren't gonna still wanna go to the WWE in 60 days? Lol.
think u read it wrong, its not that wwe cant sign them for 60 days, wwe cant sign any tna talent that has been with the company in the past 60 days. flair and shelly have been part of the company in the past 60 days. wwe cant sign them til the injunction is dropped.

·
Premium Member
27,697 Posts
think u read it wrong, its not that wwe cant sign them for 60 days, wwe cant sign any tna talent that has been with the company in the past 60 days. flair and shelly have been part of the company in the past 60 days. wwe cant sign them til the injunction is dropped.
Still, does TNA think they're gonna be able to re-sign Shelley/keep Flair while the injunction is active? I understand not wanting to reward WWE for their "misdeeds", but how does this injunction benefit TNA? Might have just burned a bridge with Shelley, if anything. Doesn't matter how long the injunction lasts cause Shelley and Flair are still going at the first chance.

·
Its Yer'sel
6,148 Posts
I wonder who they've tapped up, coz all the relevent people that are talked about at the min, Flair, Shelley, Morgan are all due to be out or are out of contract with TNA. Techinally if this goes full time, you wouldn't be able to see what other offers are out there until your current contract is over, that'd make for some worrying times, if u let it run and find yourself facing a run of lower offers and you've just made your employer, wait while u look about for a better offer.. Lol.

I presume TNA think the WWE has talked to somebody coming over whos under contract for a year or two.. Aries?

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Still, does TNA think they're gonna be able to re-sign Shelley/keep Flair while the injunction is active? I understand not wanting to reward WWE for their "misdeeds", but how does this injunction benefit TNA? Might have just burned a bridge with Shelley, if anything. Doesn't matter how long the injunction lasts cause Shelley and Flair are still going at the first chance.
idk shit about injuctions or anything like that(should give joseph park a call) so idk how long it would take for something like that to be dropped. but if its long enuff they may want to come back.

i dont think it burns a bridge with shelly since dixie said shed welcome him back, even tho he said he was leaving and the reason may or may not have been because of wwe offering him a contract.

flair tho may be pissed since its belived he wanted out of tna to go back to wwe. but who cares about him, good riddance.

·
Premium Member
27,697 Posts
idk shit about injuctions or anything like that(should give joseph park a call) so idk how long it would take for something like that to be dropped. but if its long enuff they may want to come back.

i dont think it burns a bridge with shelly since dixie said shed welcome him back, even tho he said he was leaving and the reason may or may not have been because of wwe offering him a contract.

flair tho may be pissed since its belived he wanted out of tna to go back to wwe. but who cares about him, good riddance.
You think Shelley would wanna return to a company that stopped him from going to the WWE? Lol no, but that's assuming Shelley's intentions were to go to the WWE following his contract being up. Lucky for Shelly is he'll be able to work indys and stuff while he waits for the injunction to be lifted.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
What is with people thinking that WWE would be interested in Flair? Flair only went to TNA because he wasn't needed, right?

WWE claiming that they are not interested in the talent from TNA is laughable, but that is just them defending themselves. I'm sure that they would at least consider Roode, Storm, AJ Styles, Kaz, etc. if they ever left TNA (which probably wont happen any time soon, if ever).

To add, I don't think that it is fair to speculate how Shelley would feel about this situation when it is only rumors and not fact of WWE being interested in signing him.

·
Premium Member
3,810 Posts
I'm quite glad I've had to do an assignment on breach of confidence, its all very interesting to follow an actual case about actual people/entities I care about where it is so central.

As Dixie said discovery will be interesting, but considering WWE's actions they would have to find something massively incriminating to hold anything against the WWE.

Remember TNA only know that WWE had confidential info because WWE told them they did, and then fired the person who gave it to them, unless TNA find some kind of smoking gun during discovery they're gone have to pay a bucketload of costs. But hey, its Dixie's money to waste.

·
Registered
400 Posts
The whole thing just doesn't help TNA as it makes them look like the "bad guys" in this situation..

What is with people thinking that WWE would be interested in Flair? Flair only went to TNA because he wasn't needed, right?

WWE claiming that they are not interested in the talent from TNA is laughable, but that is just them defending themselves. I'm sure that they would at least consider Roode, Storm, AJ Styles, Kaz, etc. if they ever left TNA (which probably wont happen any time soon, if ever).

To add, I don't think that it is fair to speculate how Shelley would feel about this situation when it is only rumors and not fact of WWE being interested in signing him.
TNA is just protecting their assets, there is no bad or good guy here.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Also Morgan cant go now as well, but this is not to keep Flair and Shelly from the WWE it's to nip a problem in the butt before it begins and a very smart move on TNA's behalf. WWE will not want to risk talking to TNA workers until after their contract is up which will help TNA re sign tons of guys in the future.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts