Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In what I believe was a bid to save production cost's, TNA didn't have a stage/entrance ramp at Lockdown.
They also didn't have one at the London tapings, for understandable reasons.

But, if they can.. do you not think TNA should have a stage/ramp?

I know you watch wrestling, for the wrestling.. but the stage/ramp is also important in my opinion, if it wasn't WWE wouldn't spend millions per year on Stages for PPV's and for Wrestlemania.

Do you agree that without a stage/ramp and also without pyro, show's don't feel as good and it takes a positive aspect from the shows?

And Lockdown, is one of TNA biggest events of the year, so do you no think they should have a new stage?.. it's like Wrestlemania having the Raw/Smackdown Stage

·
Registered
620 Posts
Before 1999 you never had a stage, and for half of the attitude era you had the same curtain with a different logo every month. Didn't hurt the product then.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I'm in the minority that liked the Lockdown stage - it was simple but effective. Not every stage has to have a million screens, a giant ramp and pyro coming out everywhere.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
No evidence it was due to cost cutting, may have been down the design of the arena and stage area for all we know, or maybe they just liked the effect that the impact tapings in London had.

Either way, we will find out at Slammy wherever its a cost cutting technique or not.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
No evidence it was due to cost cutting, may have been down the design of the arena and stage area for all we know, or maybe they just liked the effect that the impact tapings in London had.
I think it was trying to recreate the London effect. If they were trying to cut costs, they would have had the show in Orlando.

·
Registered
253 Posts
The stage was cool it was a screen that had the walls of a steel cage to either side of it it was really simple and effective the reason we didn't see it for the most part of the ppv was because the lights were off on the stage so we could only see the screen or because the camera-men used camera angles where they showed the guys walking out to the arena from the back and I thought that camera angle was cool because we got to see the entrance into the arena from the wrestler's perspective

·
Registered
274 Posts
TNA's first priority should be increasing the entertainment in the ring and everything else when they have people in attendance and watching on tv that truly care. They definitely don't need to use a lot of pyro in 5-10k seat arenas as after two matches it would be like watching the fog bowl.

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
TNA could have and should have been a new standard in pro wrestling. This includes presentation. Why the fuck do they have a stage, ramp, and big screen? Its time to switch it up. I have my ideas what I would do for an entrance is it doesn't include a ramp, big ass screen, or anything that looks like something out of WCW/ECW/WWE.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts