Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should TNA work from the start to the end of the year?
Culminating in a New Years Eve PPV, that brings an end to all the storylines before everyone starts fresh in the New Year?
New Year, new storylines. That way the year can be reviewed as a whole and if the PPV sucks bring in fresh creative and give them a full year to change things up.
Just an idea...

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got the idea as end of year shows are always huge in Japan and the UFC also does them.
Why can't storylines close out at the end of the year and start fresh from the start of the next?
Give creative 1 year contracts and judge their work on the across the year culminating in the end of year PPV that should draw huge. Then decide weather they start the new year or creative is changed up...

·
Banned
3,977 Posts
UFC is real.. it's not scripted.. it's not the same thing.. and this is North America, different fan base, different talent, different organizations, what appeals in another continent, will not appeal in every other market, this is common business sense.

This way you're going to make zero progress. This is a dumb idea and would serve no greater purpose.

·
Intoner
6,590 Posts
If tna has Impact on new years eve, or day-two before\after the best thing they can do is a KOs TV special. I Liked it in 2009.

·
Banned
8,267 Posts
TNA shouldnt have a PPV on New Years Eve.
But a few days earlier.
It could be a PPV or even a TV Special.
Maybe on a Friday or Saturday night.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Nobody is buying a PPV that close to Christmas time. After everyone blows thousands of dollars on gifts they don't have 40 bucks for a three hour PPV.

If you make it early to mid December it'd be better.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Nah.. It's basically the way you described it in WWE and TNA anyway. They both have a big ppv where they reset on feuds and storylines. Doesn't have to be new year, makes no difference at all.

·
Banned
4,096 Posts
UFC is real.. it's not scripted.. it's not the same thing.. and this is North America, different fan base, different talent, different organizations, what appeals in another continent, will not appeal in every other market, this is common business sense.

This way you're going to make zero progress. This is a dumb idea and would serve no greater purpose.

you mostly hear about former pro wrestling fans getting into mma, ufc promotes there shows like pro wrestling but don't treat their audience like idiots

so id say they are more similar than wrestling traditionalists ate wiling to admit

how many boxing fans you know are into mma?

·
Banned
4,096 Posts
I find it hilarious that people think an end-of-year PPV in December wouldn't work. Ever hear of a little thing called Starrcade?
1. back when more people in the us were watching wrestling

2. tna has had december ppvs for years

3. its 2013

4. things have changed

5. why compete with the football season?

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I'm in favor of giving everyone in the company the last two weeks of the year off to spend with their families. Let them enjoy the holidays. They can always put together end-of-year review shows featuring the company's top matches, holiday greetings from the stars, etc.

·
Banned
8,267 Posts
I find it hilarious that people think an end-of-year PPV in December wouldn't work. Ever hear of a little thing called Starrcade?
The idea isn't that a December PPV is bad but moreso that a New Years PPV is bad or anything around the holidays. I know Starrcade was usually a few days after Christmas but they're a lot bigger then TNA is.

A News Years show is only going to work with a product that's cool so in the mid to late 90's and maybe even the early 2000's something consisting of a big rock concert and a wrestling PPV would probably make money but in 2013 people are probably more likely to want to go to a MMA Fight Card or a Sports Event then pro wrestling.

December PPV's can work but they need to be at least a week before Christmas. The holiday season is when people spend a lot of disposable income and it's probably not viable in today's economy that someone can slap down 40 bucks (Or more if they attend the event live) for a wrestling show.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts