Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As Adam Martin reported, TNA drew dismal numbers in Abu Dhabi. Here is follow up:

The shows in Abu Dhabi this past week turned into somewhat of a disappointment in that the local promoter had claimed they would sell-out, but each show drew less than 400 people paid (mostly young kids with parents) in a 4,000 seat arena, which is why the footage the company posted on its YouTube channel didn’t include any visible crowd shots. It’s important to note that these were sold shows–so the company
either already has or gets paid whatever the promoter guaranteed in advance including costs. Tickets were reportedly very expensive priced upwards of $200 and local promotion wasn’t very good. There was also an
issue with the ring, in that upon inspection nobody felt like taking many bumps.

(credit: The Wrestling Globe Newsletter)
This would be bad numbers for a domestic show, but for an international show this is just plain horrible. I'm a huge TNA fan, but this is not good news for them at all. Though, I think the fault isn't entirely on TNA, the tickets were pretty pricey, and apparantly the shows were not promoted very well. At least they got the money they were promised regardless.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
TNA not advertising well as usual. Well done.

As for the ring, this is a huge disadvantage to using the four-sided ring. Unlike the six-sided ring where they had to ship one out, TNA will simply rent one from a nearby person and go from there. Apparently it even happens at USA house shows too, where TNA will pay low money to use an indy promoter's ring and to disguise the fact, provide its own ring ropes, turnbuckle pads, posts and aprons.

Why? Because TNA are cheap shits suffering because of the high-money contracts they wasted on this year.

·
Registered
22,868 Posts
According to this, it might be the promotors fault in not promting, not just TNA's

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
...and I got hammered when I said the Sheik that owned the club had given TNA a guaranteed fee and that's the only reason why they were going there. I also said a few hundred at best would attend each show and got hammered for that also.

Fuck the lot of yas! :)

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
What's stupid is that they "claimed" to sell out the venue, but they didn't. The promoter needs to help TNA, because they could help them in other countries nearby.

TNA needs to sort their own shit by buying additional four-sided rings and ring mats (they only have one full set, they're Nitro 2000 mats and are in the IZ) and ensure that the promoter is doing well.

·
Banned
1,242 Posts
I thought this warranted a new thread. That thread was about their plans in Abu Dhabi, what they planned to do. This thread is about what happened after the fact.
There's no point in making 2 "Abu Dhabi" threads whatsoever.

·
Premium Member
25,943 Posts
*shrugs*
I'll leave it open.

We don't post Impact ratings in the Impact discussion thread nor do we merge ticket sales and numbers of their pay per views with pay per view discussion threads.

·
Premium Member
25,943 Posts
Youtube "tna Abu Dhabi" and you will see the shit turn out. It looks like an oversized, abandoned strip joint.

·
Banned
8,283 Posts
Oh no but somebody red repped me the other day in another thread about the issue with AJ Styles injuring himself there that they were invited there. They were invited there so that means they should have not had to charge a penny to allow people to watch this show and get paid by the person that invited them there. Hmmm I'm getting at something here. Maybe they weren't invited.

·
Registered
13,042 Posts
At least TNA got the guaranteed money or this would have been a complete disaster.

And imagine paying $270 for TNA tickets and then seeing Orlando Jordan vs. Shannon Moore. Somebody would get hurt. Bad. And the pyro for the stage all around the empty seats is just sad.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
200 dollars for a TNA show? LOL no wonder nobody showed up. It would be alot more worth their money to just buy some old TNA dvds pre Russo Era which would cost them only 1/10th of the price.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
At least TNA got the guaranteed money or this would have been a complete disaster.
And imagine paying $270 for TNA tickets and then seeing Orlando Jordan vs. Shannon Moore. Somebody would get hurt. Bad. And the pyro for the stage all around the empty seats is just sad.
It reeks Indy doing shit like this, fly halfway around the world on 4 days notice to wrestle in front of a couple hundred of the sheiks closest friends just to prop the company coffers up, I expect a new "financial issues" dirtsheet very soon after this.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts