Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Banned
8,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Wrestling Observer is reporting that those within TNA suggest Desmond Wolfe is currently in the doghouse. The British wrestling star has developed a reputation for being difficult to work with, which has affected his push in the organization.

Company officials are also down on Matt Morgan, who has been discussed as being part of Ric Flair’s Fortune group. Hernandez’ two botched Border toss attempts during their Steel Cage bout at Victory Road were blamed on “The Blueprint” since Hernandez is a favorite among management.

Company officials are said to very high on The Motor City Machine Guns and Beer Money, Inc. following their stellar tag team bout at Victory Road.

Credited to Wrestling Observer
Oh well, Wolfe better adapt to the TNA style instead of continuing using the ROH style.

Sucks for Morgan if this is true.

Glad to see the Guns and BMI are now favorited by Management.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Morgan needs to be repackaged completely. I have no idea why he doesnt dress like a 7 footer. He dresses more like Sid than Nash or Taker which drives me insane. It just takes away from what he could be.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
I'm more than happy for Wolfe to be in the dog-house for working 'ROH' style. I'd rather watch him wrestle that way rather than a toned down 'TNA' style

·
Registered
957 Posts
That's unfair to blame Morgan for, it's a two man job and to be quite honest Morgan posted well and got up on his shoulders, Hernandez did seem to drop him. Out fo the two as well Morgan is much better. Both are great big man wrestlers and both are really agile for their size. But Hernandez can be quite awkward, like his movements seem really square and awkward. Where as Morgan flows into things quite easily especially given his size.

The reason maangement is down on Desmond Wolfe is pretty vague, it could mean one of two things. Firstly it could mean that his style is difficult to work with and doesn't exactly fit the style TNA want shown on TV. But it could actually mean he has a bit of an ego that makes him harder to work with; I wouldn't put it past him if he were a little elitist towards thinking he's better than a lot of workers because of his technical ability.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,792 Posts
Morgan's just one of those guys who's never going to reach the potential certain fans see in him in my honest opinion. Now I keep reading that he needs to be repackaged... again. At a certain point, you just have to wonder if the guy is ever going to deliver.

·
Damn Fine Cup of Coffee
12,954 Posts
Wolfe and Morgan are TNA's two best guys. If TNA fucks them up, then TNA deserves all it gets.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
I could care less about Morgan. hes prolly one of the least intimating looking big men iv ever seen plus his execution is so poor he makes wrestling look so fake.

but its a shame for Desmond Wolfe. hes probably bitter about the direction of his character. i would be hard to work with too if I had to job to Lethal and Kendrick.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
It's probably a bit hard for Wolfe to deal with constant losing in a "paying your dues" fashion considering he was given a massive push vs. Kurt Angle no less as soon as he walked in the door. I don't blame him if he's upset over his change of fortune since the new regime arrived.

·
Registered
835 Posts
if TNA were wise they would of capatilised on wolfe's popularity in the early rankings, hes pretty much got the whole package. Ok even if he has got abit of an ego, maybe its worth catering to him in the long run. Russo saw the potential in him by throwing him right into the main event with Kurt angle as soon as he came in, once hogan and bish came....that soon changed.

Morgan i have always felt is overrated. he does nothing for me. I think its pretty laughable that hes billed at 7 foot but hes only about 6'8 and about 275 pounds. Abyss is much more intimidating

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
If this is true, sucks to be Wolfe and Morgan.

As far as Wolfe's problems are concerned, either he's got an ego or there's some backstage politics going on. Think about it. If I were a TNA guy back when Wolfe debuted, I'd have been a little pissed that a hotshot indy guy gets a megapush fresh out of the gate. I can easily see some wrestlers in TNA feeling as if Wolfe got the royal treatment by feuding with Angle and recieving such a huge push without "paying his dues."

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Does anyone else not find it suspicious that it's always the IWC favorites these articles always target?

Anyway, probably true. Both have no direction and Wolfe is relegated to Xplosion. Hardy and Joe also have no direction, apart from waiting for Kurt to beat them.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Wolfe would be a good choice to help lead an ecw faction, book him as a tenacious rabid psycho (like he was with the broken bottle) who can technically wrestle

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
It's a shame about Wolfe, mainly because TNA should be the organization that promotes guys with that style. It's what separates them from WWE's repetitive, emotionless sports-entertainment style wrestling.

Sigh. As if Bischoff or Hogan would know how to use a guy with actual wrestling talent (see: Jericho, Benoit, Guerrero, Douglas, Saturn, Malenko, Mysterio, and so on).

·
Registered
11,509 Posts
I'm not a fan of MCMG and Beer Money feud. That because am comparing them to past feuds like AMW/XXX, AMW/Naturals, AMW/Team Canada, LAX/Daniels-Styles or even 3lk/Team Canada. The good matches are there but that just about it, MCMG is not strong characters. I'm not a smark, I need more than great matches hell I take an average match as long as I care about the match. Throwing them in a best of 5 series just shows me that these two have no chemistry to create a strong feud.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts