Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me or at this point in time does TNA not really have any one division that is above average right now.

I mean for the first 4 years or so of TNA's existence the standout division were the X-division and also the Tag team division.

From 2007 till 2008 the standout division was the Knockouts division

and for a while there The Tag division was once again the standout division in TNA with Beer Money and MCMG.

Now these division when they were at their peak were usally one of the saving graces of TNA. A atleast you knew that even if the rest of the show was poor that, there would atleast be one division that produced a good segemnt or two on the show.

But now none of TNA's division are really that great and in my opinion that fact really detracts from the show.

Anyone else agree?

· There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,974 Posts
I do agree. TNA's Tag Team division is still its best asset, in large part because WWE doesn't believe in having a tag division, but no division in TNA stands out these days.

· Registered
504 Posts
And their tag division is kinda lacking right now, with a hint of MCMG breaking up, and so the only real tag team to feud with Beer money is Gunner and Murphy??

and dont forget how stale the KO belt gotten thanks to madison's reign. She equals Jarrets title reign now, how many times do we need to see her either win via outside interference or foreign object, or when she does wrestle, it is either a non title or tag, and she winds up getting pinned. It gotten to a point I dont care if mickie takes the belt away from her anymore. I just want Madison off my Tv now.

· Premium Member
6,864 Posts
With one of the Machine Guns hurt, it really did a number of the division. Not only that but Beer Money's face turn didn't help anything. Because of that it appears as though Ink Inc. has to turn heel.

I said it in another thread earlier today, I haven't seen this many turns in any promotion in a short period of time, ever.

· Registered
504 Posts
With one of the Machine Guns hurt, it really did a number of the division. Not only that but Beer Money's face turn didn't help anything. Because of that it appears as though Ink Inc. has to turn heel.

I said it in another thread earlier today, I haven't seen this many turns in any promotion in a short period of time, ever.
I guess you have never seen WCW?

· Registered
3,873 Posts
Heavyweight Division: Same guys all the time, really needs a change. I mean, wasn't it just Angle, Anderson, RVD and Hardy at one point?

Knockouts Division: It's improving after 2010's meltdown of the division. More talent are coming in, some even returning after leaving a year ago.

Tag Team Division: We need more tag teams here, or at least a fresh change. Unfortunately, TNA has already got that sorted, have fun with Gunner and Murphy!

X Division: Let's put a giant X above the ring and let people kill themselves to get it.

· Registered
3,242 Posts
Here's who they can hire to bolster their divisions.

Tag: American Wolves, the Briscoes, The British Invasion, and Amazing Red and Crimson.

X-division: Austin Aries, El Generico, and Petey Williams.

· Anti-Hero
11,709 Posts
I hear TNA is looking to refocus on their X division. I would love to see Petey Williams and Homicide return to television.
The tag division isn't nearly as strong as it has been in the past.

Sidenote: Is it just me or were the MCMG vs Beer Money battles over-hyped. They were great matches don't get me wrong, but only comparatively. WWE has no tag division to speak of. I find the Guns way to fast paced and with too many spots and the only reason the matches were so good was because Beer Money forced them to slow down and actually tell a story in the matches.

Anyway, It's not like TNA doesn't have the talent to have strong divisions all around. ODB's return bodes well for the Knockouts.
I am disappointed with the booking a lot of the time. But the roster is deep they just need to book it right.

· Banned
2,204 Posts
Guner and Murphy :evil: i feel so dirty reading or even saying their names and these guys are meant to be the NWA USA champs last i checked

· Registered
754 Posts
a few years back... "TNA IS AWESOME! they have a 6-sided ring, AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Chris Daniels, Senshi, Jay Lethal and this thing called X-division.... its awesome bro!"

present day... "TNA IS.... well its got Rick Flair, Bischoff, Hogan, Sting and Jeff Hardy... yeah lets watch NXT online bro"

· Registered
512 Posts
I completely agree with this, there was always one area keeping me watching, tag or x division mainly. I sat and thought watching thursdays impact that im not interested in anything going on atm.

Beer money are great but seeing them feud with gunner etc does not get me excited. A feud with gen me or ink inc would help but the division is seriously lacking some depth. ROH's tag division wipes the floor with it atm!

In an even sadder state is the x division which now consists of kaz robbie e and lethal... oh dear.

Fresh talent needed across the board.

· Registered
2,064 Posts
World Title Scene is pretty stacked. You have WCWs Icon (Sting), TNAs Icon (AJ Styles), ECWs Icon (RVD) and a modern WWF/E Icon (Jeff Hardy). You also have the best wrestler today, especially with HBK retired, in Kurt Angle along with Mr. Anderson on their heels.

Best heavyweight division in wrestling right now.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.