Wrestling Forum banner

Who should be the TNA Commentators?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've seen a lot of people commenting about how crap Taz and Tenay are. Please pick the commentators who you think would be best for TNA. Did not add JR since he recently resigned with WWE. Pick 3 if you think it should be 3 man team. Don West really brings the best out of Tenay so i'd say those two would be the best.

·
Registered
11,508 Posts
West is corny and bush league. I'm glad they took him off tv. He overshadows the product. TNA always had a problem with it's image and Don West was one of the problems.

Taz brings the best out of Tenay. When Tenay was with West, he was screaming all over the place making stupid facial expressions,challenging the wrestlers. Tenay is more smooth and calm these days.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Bobby Heenan is in no condition to commentate.

West is corny and bush league. I'm glad they took him off tv. He overshadows the product. TNA always had a problem with it's image and Don West was one of the problems.

Taz brings the best out of Tenay. When Tenay was with West, he was screaming all over the place making stupid facial expressions,challenging the wrestlers. Tenay is more smooth and calm these days.
+1, I couldn't stand West, though on the otherhand I feel Tenay/Taz sound dull, nothing against either really just the combination of them. Taz/JB on Xplosion isn't bad.

·
Registered
6,849 Posts

And Taz stating something is cool or laughing during a serious situation (Sarita/Wilde should be taken seriously), is good?

West shits on Taz in every possible way, and this is coming from someone who actually liked listening to him when he was on Smackdown

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
The Coach works for ESPN. The Brian can barely talk. Tony lost all his passion for the business a long time ago and is comfortable doing the odd indy show and doing his radio show. Bringing in someone like JBL would be TNA spending big bucks for something they don't (and shouldn't) have to. Foley, West, JB, Nash are all four good talkers and are already under papers with TNA.

In a perfect world the TNA commentator team would be Don West and Mike Hogewood. Let Don be the heel and let "The Hog" be "The Hog". But if TNA had to go with people who are actually on papers (As I suggested) then JB/Foley or West/Foley would be the best options.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Don West + Mick Foley

·
Registered
117 Posts
Even though he is a tit somtimes I do think he is good to. I dnt see how its the worst ever though as they have never been together. Taz as heel would be good.

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
Even though he is a tit somtimes I do think he is good to. I dnt see how its the worst ever though as they have never been together. Taz as heel would be good.
Its the worse ever because Tenay has been notoriously bad FOR YEARS. Taz has been bad since his Smackdown run (2003?). Both of them 2010 in 2010 is just all kinds of bad. I don't consider a good commentator someone who downplays everything (Taz) or someone who WANTS people to desperately know he is in-the-know and that anything that might be slightly inferred that HE GETS IT (Tenay). Both of these guys oversell things that shouldn't be oversold and undersell things that shouldn't. These are guys who love talking about WWE and making inside references while important angles and matches go on. Its unreal.

How can TNA get to 2.0? All aspects of their production needs to be evaluated. If they can't move out The Impact Zone for the shows I can understand that, but they need to control the aspects of things they CAN control such as the commentators, the ramp, the laser lights, the cheap looking pyro, the generic theme music, the metal guard rails, etc.

Also Tony was never good and more terrible more often then not. An unmotivated Tony S. in 2010 is just ASKING for trouble. Anyone who wants Tony on the headsets in 2010 are probably the same people begging for Hogan to win the TNA world title and who are just happily beside themselves for this ECW/TNA thing.

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
In a perfect world, Bobby Heenan and Tony Schiavone. But Heenan is pretty sick and has been. Schiavone may be cornball but that's exactly what they need. JBL would be a solid partner too.

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
Taz pronounces things wrong. He has since his first run in WWE. He's far from intelligent and offers nothing in the booth.

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
Its the worse ever because Tenay has been notoriously bad FOR YEARS. Taz has been bad since his Smackdown run (2003?). Both of them 2010 in 2010 is just all kinds of bad. I don't consider a good commentator someone who downplays everything (Taz) or someone who WANTS people to desperately know he is in-the-know and that anything that might be slightly inferred that HE GETS IT (Tenay). Both of these guys oversell things that shouldn't be oversold and undersell things that shouldn't. These are guys who love talking about WWE and making inside references while important angles and matches go on. Its unreal.

How can TNA get to 2.0? All aspects of their production needs to be evaluated. If they can't move out The Impact Zone for the shows I can understand that, but they need to control the aspects of things they CAN control such as the commentators, the ramp, the laser lights, the cheap looking pyro, the generic theme music, the metal guard rails, etc.

Also Tony was never good and more terrible more often then not. An unmotivated Tony S. in 2010 is just ASKING for trouble. Anyone who wants Tony on the headsets in 2010 are probably the same people begging for Hogan to win the TNA world title and who are just happily beside themselves for this ECW/TNA thing.
That's him for sure.

Also : Mark Madden? Is that a joke.. That guy is a slime ball. I live in Pittsburgh and he's been on the radio for years.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
I'd take just about anyone over Mike Tenay. he is the most bland, downer of an announcer ever. He is really, really bad. I'm a fan of taz, but he stinks in TNA, West is even worse. Foley is hit or miss as well. I'd actually like to see Nash give it a shot a some point, if for no other reason than to listen to him needle Tenay. Tenay needs a sharp sarcastic wit to work with, because on the odd times that he is entertaining, thats the kind of personality and sense of humor he has, and I think they could have a pretty good back and forth.

BTW I voted for a Schiavone/JBL combo, don't ask me why. Just sounded good to me.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Just give me back Don West, or at least let the man announce on Xplosion! JBL would be amazing for any company but it ain't happening, the man is loaded and I highly doubt he would pick TNA over WWE.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts