Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TNA will be holding a TV taping on December 8th & has canceled the taping on December 10th. This means that TNA is doing 5 straight nights of shows in Orlando, with the pay-per-view on December 5th followed by tapings on December 6th, 7th, 8th & 9th. The original plan was to do the pay-per-view & 2 tapings, then take a day off, then do 2 more tapings.

Source:pwinsider.com

Wow that is a lot of tapings!!

·
Registered
10,592 Posts
Again, I ask this question:

How is TNA's work schedule easier when they're gonna be wrestling 5 nights straight?

On a regular occasion it's 3 days a week. Beer Money vs MCMG was taped over the course of a few days and they were in some gimmick match like cage, ladder, street fight blading all the damn time!

I don't know bout you guys but I rather work once a week and give my body some time to heal even if it means flying up and down every day.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
So they will almost have a 1 month break after the tapings. Thats a nice long break. Cause there is no house shows scheduled in December either.
They'll probably use that time as a retreat for the creative team, and it'll allow the wrestlers to do indie dates

·
Registered
6 Posts
I wish they would alternate weeks doing a live show on thursday and tape the next week's show on friday. That would give them a chance to deal with any storyline damaging injuries without having to scramble like they did with Morgan.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
TNA could schedule December dates if they want to, but they're taking a break due to the poor ticket sales of recent house shows.

Can't wait for 2011 in the Impact Zone though. :(

·
Registered
894 Posts
The problem with TNA since their inception is that they did not tour from early on. They first started out at the Asylum (yes I know their first couple of shows was in Huntsville, Alabama but you get the drift), then to the Impact smark zone. TNA only really started to properly tour their product in 2007, which has given them problems.

My Point being, TNA still has to keep on touring and get out of the Impact plant zone as quick as possible, seeing 3,000 people in a set up for 5,000 would still be much better than the Impact zone. I'm not sure how it would deal TNA financially, but such a move would raise brand awareness, something that TNA obviously lacks right now.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
TNA needs to start their first few regular impacts away from the IZ on the East Coast. Philadelphia and New York would provide the necessary atmosphere for people watching at home to be interested in seeing TNA live, whether it be a taping or house shows

·
Premium Member
25,943 Posts
Before another thread is made:
They changed the schedule back to the original plan.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts