Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The backstory for this BTB is simply instead of TNA signing Hulk Hogan in October of '09, Dixie Carter signed "Stone Cold" Steve Austin. In this, Stone Cold will be basically running the show or have the same powers that Hulk Hogan has. I'm using the same roster that TNA had before January 4th 2010 as well as the same champions. Since a lot of the storylines at that time were based on Hulk Hogan arriving in TNA, I will be going in a whole new direction for this BTB. The first show I will write is the January 7th, 2010 edition of Impact which will be Stone Cold's debut in the company. I will be posting more details later, hope you all enjoy!
TNA Wrestling
'Cause Stone Cold Said So!

Jeff Hardy TNA World Heavyweight Champion
Since: 2/14/2010
Brutus Magnus TNA World Tag Team Champion
Since: 10/18/2009
Doug Williams TNA World Tag Team Champion
Since: 10/18/2009
Desmond Wolfe TNA Global Champion
Christopher Daniels X Division Champion
Since: 1/17/2010
Alissa Flash TNA Knockouts Champion
Madison Rayne TNA Knockouts Tag Team Champion
Since: 2/18/2010
Velvet Sky TNA Knockouts Tag Team Champion
Since: 2/18/2010

Abyss - Status Unknown
A.J. Styles
Alex Shelley
Alissa Flash
Amazing Red
Andrew Thomas
Angelina Love
Bobby Lashley - Storyline Injured
Brother Devon
Brother Ray
Brutus Magnus
Christopher Daniels
Chris Sabin
Consequences Creed
Daffney
D’Angelo Dinero - Storyline Suspended
Desmond Wolfe
Dixie Carter
Don West
Doug Williams
Earl Hebner
Eric Young
Hamada
Hector Guerrero
Hernandez
Homicide
Jay Lethal
James Storm
Jeff Hardy
Jeff Jarrett
Jeremy Borash
Kazarian
Kevin Nash
Kiyoshi
Kristal Lashley - Storyline Injured
Kurt Angle
Madison Rayne
Matt Conway
Matt Morgan
Mick Foley - Status Unknown
Mike Posey
Mike Tenay
ODB
Okada
Raven
Ric Flair
Robert Roode
Samoa Joe
Sarita
Scott Steiner
Shark Boy
Slick Johnson
SoCal Val
Stevie Richards
Sting - Status Unknown
Stone Cold Steve Austin
Tara - Storyline Injured
Taylor Wilde
Taz
Velvet Sky
Vince Russo
Willie Urbina

Angelina Love, Madison Rayne & Velvet Sky – The Beautiful People
James Storm & Robert Roode – Beer Money
Brutus Magnus & Doug Williams – The British Invasion
Hernandez & Homicide – LAX
Consequences Creed & Jay Lethal – Lethal Consequences
Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin – Motor City Machine Guns
Kiyoshi & Okada - Team Japan
Brother Ray & Brother Devon – Team 3D

Dixie Carter – TNA President
Stone Cold Steve Austin – Head of TNA Management
Jeff Jarrett – TNA Founder/Managerial Assistant

Vince Russo - Head of TNA Creative
Matt Conway - TNA Creative Team Member
Raven - TNA Creative Team Member
Brother Devon - Agent
Brother Ray - Agent
Taz - Agent

Mike Tenay – TV Commentator
Taz – TV Commentator
Hector Guerrero – Spanish TV Commentator
Willie Urbina – Spanish TV Commentator

Don West – TV Interviewer
SoCal Val - TV Interviewer

Jeremy Borash – Ring Announcer

Andrew Thomas – Referee
Earl Hebner – Referee
Mike Posey – Referee
Slick Johnson - Referee

Upcoming PPV Schedule

3/22/2010 - Destination X / Orlando, Florida - Impact Zone (Live on Spike, Monday March 22nd)
4/18/2010 - Lockdown / St.Louis, Missouri - Family Arena
5/16/2010 - Victory Road / Southaven, Mississippi - DeSoto Civic Center
6/13/2010 - Slammiversary / San Jose, California - San Jose State University Event Center​

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Cool Roster, but I'm surprised you aren't going to do the January 4th Show.
I'm not doing the January 4th show because the move to Monday nights was Hogan's idea and I hope that if TNA were to have signed Stone Cold in real life that he would have been smart enough to see that the Monday night move was not a good idea and stay on Thursdays.

Note - I just realized Tara was the Knockouts Champion at this time and not ODB.

Breaking News: Venue announced for January 7th Impact, Roster Cuts, News on Sting & More

- For only the second time in company history, TNA will be taking Impact on the road to "Stone Cold" Steve Austin's home state of Texas January 7th. Impact will be live from the Reliant Arena in Houston.

- TNA has recently come to terms on the releases of Christy Hemme, David Penzer, Jesse Neal, Lacey Von Erich, Raven, Rob Terry, SoCal Val, and Traci Brooks. We wish them all the best in their futures.

- None of these releases were seen as shocking. Christy Hemme and David Penzer's releases were seen as mere cost cutting measures. There was no need to have David Penzer on the payroll when Jeremy Borash could do his job and Christy Hemme was simply making too much money for just being a backstage interviewer. TNA originally had huge hopes for Jesse Neal, hoping his being a war hero would help him get over with the fans but the lukewarm reaction he got coupled with the fact he wasn't progressing in the ring as fast as management would hope made him expendable. Both Rob Terry and Lacey Von Erich suffered the same fate. Management is still high on both of them but their lack of ring talent severely limited their usefulness. There was only so much time they could go being sidekicks. And Raven, Traci Brooks, and SoCal Val were just not used very often and there was no plans to use them in the future so they were cut loose.

- Sting's TNA status at the moment is anyone's guess. It is being rumored that both he and Stone Cold have been butting heads ever since Stone Cold came in over Sting's schedule. Sting wants to resign but Stone Cold's insistence that he work house shows has held him from officially resigning. Creative/management are both assuming that Sting will eventually resign like he does every year but when is still unknown.

- Both Brother Ray and Brother Devon are now working backstage as agents. They are not expected to be used in-ring much anymore.​

·
Registered
412 Posts
Interesting headlines for TNA. I'm surprised that you eliminated both Christy Hemme and David Penzer because now there is no backstage interviewer unless you use Don West, or have all of the interviews take place in the ring with Jeremy Borash.

So far it seems as though Stone Cold is costing the company more than he may be worth with all the cuts happening, and no signing of superstars or even rumours of the sort. It will be interesting if he actually manages to get anyone to come into TNA on January 7.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Preview for January 7th Impact - Stone Cold Debuts!

- In what promises to be one of the most historical Impacts in TNA history, Impact is live on the road at the Reliant Arena in Houston, Texas where "Stone Cold" Steve Austin will finally make his TNA television debut. Will Stone Cold bring anyone along with him, what changes will he bring to TNA and what does he have in store for the TNA roster?

- Also, the return of the dangerous Ultimate X match. Six X Division wrestlers will face off to decide who will go on to face TNA X Division Champion Amazing Red at Genesis.

- Eight TNA Knockouts will be in action when they compete in a Gauntlet Match to determine the #1 contender to the TNA Knockouts Championship.

- All this and more, live Thursday January 7th, only on Spike!​

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
January 7th 2010
TNA Impact
Houston, Texas

Impact opens up with a long video focusing on the impending debut of “Stone Cold” Steve Austin. The video features small interviews with Dixie Carter, Jeff Jarrett, Mike Tenay, and Kurt Angle on their thoughts about Stone Cold as well as Stone Cold talking about joining TNA. The video was quite long, playing up how important an Impact this will be, being one of the most historical Impacts in company history. Once the video finishes, Impact cuts to a brand new opening video, featuring Stone Cold, as well as a new theme song. Once that’s finished, the camera cuts to the ring area, the pyro goes off and the show officially begins.

The camera pans over the entire arena, obviously trying to emphasize the fact that this is only the second time in TNA history that Impact has been on the road.

The camera eventually makes it all the way around to the announcer’s desk where Mike Tenay and Taz welcome everyone. They give the rundown of the show, including hyping up the Ultimate X match and Knockouts Gauntlet match which will take place later on.

Once Mike Tenay and Taz finish the rundown, the music of TNA President Dixie Carter begins to play. Dixie makes her way out of the entrance tunnel and down to the ring to a pretty good reaction from the crowd.

Dixie starts off by welcoming everyone to this historic Impact. She thanks the fans in attendance at the Reliant Arena as well as those fans watching around the world. She says TNA has come a long way in such a short amount of time. “From a company that everyone said would fail right away, to a national TV with Spike TV, to signing some of the biggest stars in the business like Sting and Kurt Angle. Tonight TNA takes another huge step; a step that we all hope will take us to that next level. Tonight, one of the biggest names ever in not just the wrestling business but in the entertainment business as well makes his TNA Impact debut. Ladies and gentlemen, without further ado please welcome to TNA Impact, “Stone Cold” Steve Austin!”

The crowd comes unglued when the familiar glass shattering sound is heard and the familiar theme song begins to play. Once Stone Cold steps out of the entrance ramp, the crowd gets even louder. Stone Cold pauses on the top of the entrance ramp for a while, looking over the fans and taking the moment in. He eventually begins to make his way down to the ring. Once in the ring, he poses for the fans in all four corners before shaking Dixie’s hand. Dixie hands him the microphone and then leaves the ring.

Stone Cold pauses for a moment as the crowd chants “Austin!” “Austin!” “Austin!” The camera shows several Austin 3:16 signs in the audience. After about thirty seconds he finally begins to speak.

“Oh HELL YEAH!”…..”You know, when I first started thinking about the idea of joining TNA wrestling, I was a little skeptical. Being where I am in my career, the thought of having to start a whole new adventure and not knowing where it would end up honestly scared me a little bit. But as I sat home and the more and more I thought about it, I came to the conclusion that I had to do it. Being a veteran in this business, I owe it to the young up and comers to do everything in my power to make sure that for their generation the business is alive and thriving but let’s face it, the business is in the shitter right now. The other company has formed a monopoly and is slowly but surely beginning to tear the wrestling business apart. Again, as I was sitting at home I came to the conclusion that for the wrestling business to get back to the levels it was in 1990’s, TNA needs to succeed and grow and the only way it’s going to do that is with “Stone Cold” Steve Austin. So I called Dixie back, I signed the contract and here I am, in Houston, Texas on Impact! As I was brainstorming ideas for my vision of TNA, there were two things that came to mind. First thing, there is nothing like a live wrestling show. A taped show, ehh, it just doesn’t do it for me. So I said to Dixie, “Dixie, I don’t care how much money it costs, I don’t care how we do it but from now on, Impact needs to be live every single week.” And you know what she said? She said, “Stone Cold, that’s a great idea!” So from now on, TNA Impact will be live every Thursday night!

The crowd continues to cheer, and Mike Tenay and Taz can’t believe it. Stone Cold continues.

“The second idea has to do with the current TNA roster. I am sick and tired of wrestlers who are just handed championship opportunities because of who they are or who they know, that’s not how it’s going to happen in Stone Cold’s TNA. No, from now on, if you want a title shot, you are going to have to earn it by impressing me. This is about finding out who’s the best…”

Just as Stone Cold is finished, he is interrupted by the music of Kurt Angle. The lights go dark and out from under the entrance ramp arrives the Olympic gold medalist. Kurt’s pyro goes off and he begins to make his way down to the ring. As you can suspect, Stone Cold does not look too happy about being interrupted like that.

“Well Steve, long time no see, how you been?”

Stone Cold doesn’t respond, he just stares at Kurt as Kurt continues talking.

“Well I heard what you had to say about the best earning the title shots and I thought I’d just come out here and say look no further when looking for a world heavyweight championship #1 contender. In fact, just save yourself the trouble and name me the #1 contender now because let’s face it, I’m the only one worthy.”

“This little interruption aside, if you are indeed the best option for the #1 contender spot, then your in-ring work should show it. I really should say hell no to giving you the title shot but you are an Olympic gold medalist and a former TNA World champion so I am still going to give you a SHOT. In fact, I am putting you in the main event tonight.”

“Really? Sweet. Against who?”

“I am not going to tell you. If you are truly the best, then you should have no problem.”

Stone Cold’s theme music begins to play and he extends his hand towards Kurt. Kurt looks at him, not too sure what to do or what to think about what has just happened but Kurt extends his hand right back and the two shake. Just as they break apart, Stone Cold surprisingly hits the Stunner on Kurt! Kurt is left motionless on the ring apron as someone from the outside starts to toss beers in to Stone Cold. The camera cuts to commercial as Stone Cold continues with the beers.

*Commercial*

Match #1: Beer Money vs. LAX vs. Motor City Machine Guns

Coming back from commercial it is time for the very first match of the evening, a three way tag team bout between Beer Money, the Latin American Xchange, and the Motor City Machine Guns. LAX is the first team to come out to the ring. As they are walking down the ramp, Mike Tenay and Taz are joined by the TNA World Tag Team Champions, Brutus Magnus and Doug Williams. Mike Tenay also explains that whoever wins this match will earn themselves a title shot against the champions at Genesis. Following LAX to the ring are the Motor City Machine Guns and last but not least is the team of Beer Money.

Homicide, James Storm, and Alex Shelley begin the match in the ring. Right away James Storm and Alex Shelley begin attacking each other while Homicide just sits and waits. This goes on for a few seconds before both Storm and Shelley notice Homicide just standing there and they go to attack him. Homicide is able to fend off Shelley but he has trouble against the larger Storm. Storm backs Homicide into a corner and begins to pound on him. While Storm is working on Homicide in the corner, Alex Shelley has gotten to his feet. Shaking the cobwebs off, Shelley launches himself at both Storm and Homicide, sandwiching them in the corner. Shelley tags in Chris Sabin who then irish whips Shelley right back towards Storm and Homicide, sandwiching them in the corner once again. Chris Sabin grabs Homicide up off the ring apron and begins to go to work. With Homicide still dazed, Sabin is able to quickly wear him down with his fast paced offense. Sabin is even able to get a pin attempt in but only is able to get a two count since James Storm was able to lunge at them at the last second and break it up. While James Storm and Chris Sabin begin to square off again, Homicide sneaks past them and tags in Hernandez. Hernandez comes in like a freight train and just begins leveling all competitors. He picks Chris Sabin up for the Border Toss but Chris is able to fight his way out and even manages to get Hernandez down on the apron. With Hernandez down, Chris takes the opportunity to tag back in Alex Shelley. Shelley initially takes his time to decide who to attack before attacking the man who’s been in the match the longest, James Storm. Storm appears rather worn down and Shelley is easily able to wear him further down rather quickly. After a few seconds Shelley goes for the pin attempt but only gets a two. At this time, Hernandez has stood up and Shelley notices. Shelley decides to forget about Storm and focus on Hernandez. This turns out to be a mistake as Hernandez is ready for Shelley. The two square off. However Shelley is no match for Hernandez who quickly over powers him. This continues for quite a while before out of nowhere James Storm hits the super kick on Hernandez! Seeing a perfect time to finally tag in Robert Roode, Storm goes for it. Roode enters the match and goes right for Alex Shelley. Robert Roode gets on a roll quickly. Strike after strike knocks Shelley down. Roode even hits the Double R spine buster on Shelley and it looks like he may get the win but just as Roode goes for the pin, Hernandez once again wakes up and breaks up the attempt. Hernandez pulls Roode off Shelley and he begins attacking him. After a few seconds of this, Hernandez irish whips Roode over the top rope and out of the ring. Feeling pretty proud of himself, Hernandez takes time to taunt the fans. Just as the fans are booing him, out of nowhere Shelley hits a super kick of his own on Hernandez. This time he’s down and out. Sensing the end is near; Shelley quickly tags in Chris Sabin who immediately climbs to the top rope, jumps off, and lands right on top of the motionless Hernandez for the 1, 2, 3!

Winners: Motor City Machine Guns

Following the end of the match, the Guns celebrate in the ring as the British Invasion, who is still at the announcer’s desk, stand and applaud. Homicide grabs his partner Hernandez and the two begin walking back towards the locker room. The Guns and British Invasion soon follow, leaving only Beer Money at ringside. Robert Roode seems to be having a hard time getting up. While James Storm is attending to his partner, out of nowhere the lights go out. Nobody is too sure what’s going on until a very loud “WOOOOOO!” is heard over the loud speaker. The crowd erupts as the lights come back on and “The Nature Boy” Ric Flair is standing on the entrance ramp! Beer Money immediately pops up and their eyes get as big as can be as they stare at the 16 time world champion. Beer Money and Flair continue to stare each other down as the camera cuts to the back.

Cutting to the backstage area, a sort of new member to the TNA broadcast team, Don West is with the founder of TNA, Jeff Jarrett.

First things first, Don asks Jeff for his thoughts on “Stone Cold” Steve Austin debuting in TNA. Jeff says that he’s very happy and very proud that TNA has come to the point where they were able to sign one of the greatest wrestlers of all time. “I remember how big the signing of Kurt Angle was for us but no offense to Kurt, Stone Cold is just on a whole other level.” Don then asks for his thoughts on Stone Cold basically running TNA now. “Again no offense, but TNA is my child, my baby and I hope to god Stone Cold knows what he’s doing because if I sense he’s doing anything to harm TNA, there’s going to be hell to pay.”

Jeff then excuses himself and walks off camera as it cuts to commercial.

*Commercial*

Coming back from commercial, Impact immediately cuts to the announcer’s desk where Mike Tenay and Taz are still in shock over the arrival of Ric Flair. Tenay and Taz show the video over and over again and they still can’t believe it. They are interrupted by Jeremy Borash who is beginning to announce the start of the next match.

Match #2: Alissa Flash vs. Angelina Love vs. Awesome Kong vs. Daffney vs. Hamada vs. Madison Rayne vs. ODB vs. Velvet Sky – Knockouts Gauntlet Match

Turning their attention back to the action in the ring, Mike Tenay and Taz explain the rules of this Knockouts Gauntlet Match. Two knockouts will begin the match in the ring for two minutes and then after that, a new Knockout will enter the ring every ninety seconds. The way you are eliminated is by being thrown over the top rope. Once the final two Knockouts have been determined, it becomes like a normal match where a pinfall or submission wins. Whoever wins this match will be going on to Genesis to face Tara for the Knockouts Championship. First Knockout to the ring is ODB, followed by Hamada.

Two of the toughest Knockouts in the division begin this match in the ring. They immediately lock up in the center of the ring. The more technically sound Hamada manages to get the upper hand. Hamada hits several quick arm drags, trying to wear ODB down early. Sensing she better try to get ODB over the top rope before the next Knockout enters the match, Hamada tries to move ODB closer to the ropes but she won’t budge. ODB is able to battle her way back to her feet as the clock ticks down to zero.

Entrant #3: Daffney

The unorthodox Daffney enters the ring and immediately launches herself right at both ODB and Hamada, knocking them down. This move caught both of them off guard. Daffney tries picking Hamada up off the ring apron and tossing her over the ropes but she won’t budge either. Hamada is smart enough to realize what is going on and lands a few strong punches to Daffney which daze her enough to allow Hamada back to her feet. Hamada then positions Daffney right near the ropes and begins to attempt to toss her over. Daffney holds on with all her strength. Once ODB gets to her feet, she joins Hamada in trying to toss Daffney over. The two almost get Daffney over as the clock ticks to zero.

Entrant #4: Madison Rayne

The third member of the Beautiful People enters the match and joins ODB and Hamada in trying to eliminate Daffney. ODB does not seem to want her help however, as she immediately elbows Madison in the face. This dazes Madison just enough for ODB to quickly grab her and toss her over the top rope!

Eliminated: Madison Rayne

At this point, Daffney has managed to crawl back into the ring after fending off Hamada. Daffney and Hamada begin to square off as ODB just stands in the corner and watches, waiting for the next entrant.

Entrant #5: Alissa Flash

Seeing a “worthy” opponent about to enter the ring, ODB readies herself. Once Alissa enters the ring, ODB immediately runs at her and tackles her, furiously pounding on her head with punches. Alissa tries to protect herself but ODB is relentless. Meanwhile, Daffney has turned the tables on Hamada. Daffney now has Hamada teetering on the ropes. Daffney tries and tries but Hamada is just too strong, she won’t budge. ODB continues attacking Alissa Flash and Daffney continues trying to eliminate Hamada as the clock ticks down to zero.

Entrant #6: Angelina Love

Hoping to fare better in this match than Madison Rayne did, Angelina takes her time entering the ring and when she finally does, she avoids all the other Knockouts when possible. The other Knockouts seem to not even notice her; they are too busy with their own little feuds to care. Alissa Flash has managed to fight her way to her feet but ODB continues the assault. Hamada has gotten back into the ring and continues the fight with Daffney. The whole time, Angelina just stands in the opposite corner of the ring, waiting for the next Knockout to enter the match.

Entrant #7: Velvet Sky

Breathing a sigh of relief that her best friend is now in the match with her, Angelina Love can now get a little braver and start trying to eliminate the other Knockouts. The two members of the Beautiful People talk over the plans before doing anything. Meanwhile, Hamada has Daffney once again on the ropes. Daffney begins flailing her hands all over, hoping to land a punch on Hamada. She succeeds and Hamada leaves her alone. Daffney then tries to climb back into the ring. Seeing a perfect opportunity to strike, the Beautiful People run at Daffney and together they eliminate her!

Eliminated: Daffney

Feeling pretty proud of themselves, the Beautiful People take a small amount of time to taunt the audience and celebrate their small victory. This small amount of time was all Hamada needed. With a surge of energy and a powerful close line, Hamada eliminates both members of the Beautiful People at once!

Eliminated: Angelina Love & Velvet Sky

The Beautiful People can’t believe it and neither can Hamada for that matter. Angelina and Velvet try to plead their case to the referee but the referee doesn’t budge in his ruling. The Beautiful People continue trying to argue until they see who the last entrant in the match is.

Entrant #8: Awesome Kong

The Beautiful People immediately go running when they see Awesome Kong come down to the ring. Once Awesome Kong enters the ring, she wastes no time. ODB tries attacking her but she is simply no match. Awesome Kong knocks her down, picks her up, and tosses her over the top rope like she’s nothing.

Eliminated: ODB

The crowd, as well as Hamada and Alissa Flash, are all in awe at how quickly Awesome Kong eliminated ODB. Knowing they’ll need to team up in order to eliminate her, Alissa and Hamada both attack Awesome Kong together. They actually manage to back her into a corner for a little while but this is just a minor setback for Kong. With a surge of energy, Awesome Kong tosses Hamada to nearly the other side of the ring. She then grabs Alissa Flash, picks her up, and tosses her out of the ring, just like she did to ODB.

Eliminated: Alissa Flash

Knowing that her chances in this match just dwindled down to nearly nothing, Hamada fights back against Awesome Kong anyway. Surprisingly, the quickness of Hamada is enough to get Awesome Kong down on the mat! When Awesome Kong stands back up, Hamada hits a powerful running drop kick on her which backs Awesome Kong up against the ropes. Awesome Kong appears dazed but this turns out to be a false front. Just when Hamada comes charging at her, she stands up, grabs Hamada by the throat, choke slams her down and covers her for the 1,2,3!

Winner: Awesome Kong

Following the match, the referee tries to raise Awesome Kong’s hand but Kong scares him away. She doesn’t take any time to acknowledge the crowd or the camera following her victory, she just simply starts to head back to the locker room.

Before the camera cuts to commercial, it quickly cuts to the backstage area where Kurt Angle is being attended to after he was the victim of a Stone Cold Stunner.

Don West tries to ask Kurt for his thoughts on what happened earlier. Kurt doesn’t say much, he just responds by saying that he’s going to make Stone Cold pay for humiliating him like that. Don then tries to ask Kurt about his upcoming match against Stone Cold’s mystery opponent. Kurt fires back with “I don’t care who he puts in my way; I’m going to humiliate whoever it is the way Stone Cold did to me.”

Kurt Angle then pushes Don West away. Sensing he better not press it any farther Don West walks away as the camera cuts to commercial.

*Commercial*

Coming back from commercial, Impact cuts to the backstage area where Bobby and Kristal Lashley are apparently trying to find Stone Cold.

Kristal is asking every stage hand and backstage person she can find “where is Stone Cold?” Nobody seems to know and as this goes on, Kristal gets angrier and angrier. She starts yelling, “Stone Cold, Stone Cold, Bobby would like to talk to you.” Eventually the Lashleys run into “The Pope” D’Angelo Dinero who is sitting backstage, apparently reading a book. Kristal approaches the Pope and asks him if he knows where Stone Cold is. Pope doesn’t answer that question, rather he immediately stands up and gives Kristal the “hey beautiful” look. Pope begins hitting on Kristal as she tries to get him to answer her question. Growing tired of Pope, Kristal calls over her husband Bobby and Pope immediately backs off. Pope politely says that he does not know where Stone Cold is. The Lashleys then turn to walk away. As they are turning away, Pope slaps Kristal on the behind and immediately runs away. Both the Lashleys get very angry but do nothing as the camera cuts back to the ring area.

Cutting back to the ring area, the sound of Matt Morgan’s theme song is heard. Matt Morgan approaches the ring dressed in street clothes, with a microphone in hand.

“First of all, I’d like to say how awesome it is to be working with “Stone Cold” Steve Austin for the very first time! He was one of my favorites growing up and he still is a favorite of mine to this day. With that being said, having not worked together before, he may not be that familiar with my work so I thought I’d come out here today and explain to him and to all you who exactly I am. I am “The Blueprint” Matt Morgan, I am the DNA of TNA. I am the biggest and baddest big man in wrestling today. I am better looking and better built than any big man that has come before me and any that will come after me. Frankly, I can’t think of any big man in the history of wrestling that could even come close to beating me. To quote a famous Canadian, I am the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.”

The crowd boos that quote but Matt just laughs it off. Matt then motions he is about to start speaking again when he is interrupted by the music of “Big Sexy” Kevin Nash. Nash gets a pretty good reaction from the crowd as comes to the ring.

“You think you’re the best? Boy I was whipping pieces of shit like you in this ring while you were still in diapers. How many world championships have you won in your time, huh? Oh yeah that’s right, none! And you think you’re the best looking big man in the business, hey they don’t call me “Big Sexy” for nothing.”

“No offense “Pops”, but your days as “Big Sexy” are long gone. And secondly, you are correct that I have never won a world heavyweight championship in my career but I would much rather earn my title when I finally do win it than winning the title because of who you know! Your whole career has been nothing but games and backstabbing, without that you’re nothing! You may think you’re all big and tough but I can guaran-damn-tee you that I could have beaten you back then and I can sure as hell beat your gray ass right now!”

Out of nowhere, Matt Morgan nails Kevin Nash with a powerful punch which knocks him on the ground. Morgan furiously begins to assault him. This continues until TNA referees and security enter the ring and stop him. Having left Kevin Nash bloodied and beaten, Matt Morgan then leaves the ring area as security check on Kevin.

Before cutting to commercial, the Impact cameras take a few moments to look in on Samoa Joe’s locker room. Joe is busy preparing for his upcoming match against Abyss.

*Commercial*

Match #3: Abyss vs. Samoa Joe

Coming back from commercial, it is now time for the third match of the night featuring two of TNA’s toughest men in “The Samoan Submission Machine” Samoa Joe and “The Monster” Abyss. Abyss is the first to the ring, coming to the ring to a very mixed reaction from the crowd. Following Abyss is his opponent Samoa Joe. Joe gets a much better reaction from the crowd.

Abyss and Joe immediately square off in the middle of the ring. Right away Joe seems much more determined than Abyss does. In fact, Abyss hardly gets in any offense at all. Within a matter of maybe a minute and a half, Joe has Abyss down on the ring apron in a submission! Abyss struggles but Joe just locks in the submission tighter and tighter. Abyss has no choice but to tap out!

Winner: Samoa Joe

Following the match, everyone was very impressed with how quickly Joe made Abyss tap out. The referee raises Joe’s hand in victory. Just as Joe turns to leave the ring, Stone Cold’s music begins to play.

“That, that right there was what I was talking about when I said impress me! Ladies and gentlemen, I’d like to introduce you to the newest #1 contender to the TNA World Title, Samoa Joe!”

Both Joe and the crowd can’t believe it. Because of his quick win against Abyss, Joe is now moving on to face A.J. Styles at Genesis for the TNA World Title. The camera then cuts away to the announcer’s desk, where Mike Tenay and Taz both comment on the shocking announcement by Stone Cold as well as give a quick plug to the upcoming Genesis pay per view, which is only two weeks away. Once they are finished with the plug, they then move on to previewing the upcoming Ultimate X match. They go over the rules of the match as well as give a long detailed history of the match. Once they are finished, they announce that the match is up next, right after the commercial break.

*Commercial*

Match #4: Consequences Creed vs. Daniels vs. Jay Lethal vs. Kazarian vs. Kiyoshi vs. Shark Boy – Ultimate X Match

Coming back from commercial, it is now time for one of the most dangerous and exciting matches in the history of professional wrestling, the high wire Ultimate X match featuring six wrestlers from the X Division who will battle for the right to go on to Genesis to face TNA X Division Champion Amazing Red for the X Division Championship. All six competitors are in the ring when Impact returns from commercial and when Jeremy Borash finishes up introducing them all, the referee rings the bell and the match can begin.

Right away all six wrestlers go for the scaffolding. Only Kazarian and Daniels manage to get up and out to the ropes above the ring. Daniels struggles to hold onto the rope and ultimately has to let go and try again for a better grip. Kazarian makes his move towards the X. He almost pulls it down but he’s stopped in his tracks by Shark Boy. The two fight in mid air, trying to knock each other down. After kicking at each other, both wrestlers lose their grip on the ropes and fall to the ring apron. Meanwhile, the team of Consequences Creed and Jay Lethal are teaming up, attacking both Kiyoshi and Daniels on the outside of the ring. After nearly a minute of pounding on their opponents on the outside, Lethal Consequences then make a move towards the X. Kazarian and Shark Boy, who have recently staggered to their feet after falling from the top ropes, are now fighting each other in the middle of the ring. Both men seem much shaken, however Kazarian is the one that seems to have the most strength as he is able to fend off Shark Boy. This turned out to be perfect timing for Kazarian because just as he fought off Shark Boy, he turned around to notice that Lethal Consequences were making a play for the X. Kazarian begins climbing to the top to try and get to the X before Lethal Consequences do. This leads to a three way confrontation on the ropes above the ring. Meanwhile, the other three competitors in the match have gotten to their feet. Up above, Consequences Creed has fallen off the ropes, leaving just Kazarian and Lethal to fight it out. Eventually Kiyoshi manages to climb to the top. The three continue fighting it out when out of nowhere Shark Boy leaps and knocks all three of them off the rope. The crowd goes nuts for this move which leaves all four men motionless on the ring apron. This presents a perfect opportunity for Consequences Creed and Daniels to try and get the X while everyone else is incapacitated. The two immediately climb to the top rope and begin crawling towards the X. The crowd cheers both men on as they fight for the X. The two kick and strike at each other for what seems like an entire minute but eventually Consequences Creed loses his grip and falls to the ring apron, leaving just Daniels alone to grab the X and the victory!

Winner: Daniels

The crowd goes nuts as one of their favorites, Daniels emerges victorious. The camera cuts away with a shot of Daniels still grasping the X.

Before going to commercial, the Impact cameras catch a glimpse of Kurt Angle who is in his dressing room preparing for his upcoming main event match against Stone Cold’s mystery opponent. Angle appears very, very focused. He doesn’t even notice the cameras as he walks out the door towards the ring area.

*Commercial*

Match #5: Kurt Angle vs. ???

Coming back from commercial, it is now time for the Impact main event, a match Stone Cold made earlier in the night when Kurt Angle interrupted him between the Olympic Gold medalist and an opponent of Stone Cold’s choosing. Obviously first out to the ring is Kurt Angle. Angle appears in no rush to get to the ring, taking time to stare at the fans as well as glare at everyone else. Once he gets to the ring and his music stops playing, the entire Reliant Arena goes dark and silent. The only sound heard is the crowd. Angle looks around as if to say, “is this a joke?” Eventually the video screen fires up again, showing several bizarre symbols and colors while playing a strange kind of music. Kurt just laughs it off and begins to walk out of the ring but he’s stopped dead in his tracks when the Reliant Arena turns from dark to a green color and the music changes from strange to a familiar theme song. The crowd goes wild again when Kurt Angle’s opponent finally reveals himself. The crowd can’t believe it, Mike Tenay and Taz can’t believe it but its true, Kurt Angle’s opponent is…JEFF HARDY! Hardy takes time to acknowledge the fans as he makes his way down the ring ramp. Kurt Angle acts like he’s seen a ghost. Hardy enters the ring and the two get face to face. Jeremy Borash begins the introductions. Once he’s finished, he signals the referee to ring the bell.

Hardy, using the element of surprise as his aide, takes the early lead in the match. It takes quite a bit of time before Kurt Angle finally gets focused enough to begin to fight back against Hardy. Even when Angle does fight back, Hardy is still ready for him, matching him move for move. Hardy does his best to try and not turn this match into a grappling contest since obviously he is at a big disadvantage so he uses the many quick strike attacks in his arsenal to wear down Angle. Hardy keeps the momentum going for the next minute or so of the match before Kurt suddenly gets a burst of energy. With a new fire in his eyes, Kurt begins firing back at Hardy. The two trade blows back and forth until Angle manages to get Hardy down on the ring apron. Kurt must have hit Hardy pretty good because Hardy does not move much. Seeing this may be his opportunity, Kurt grabs Jeff’s legs and locks in the Ankle Lock. Kurt doesn’t have it in for very long when out of nowhere Jeff is able to reverse it. Now with both men back to their feet, they continue fighting. Just when it appears that Kurt may once again get the upper hand, Jeff surprises him with a quick Twist of Fate! With the crowd firmly behind him, Jeff goes to put Kurt away. He climbs to the top rope and hits the Swanton right on Angle! Jeff immediately covers him and gets the 1,2,3!

Winner: Jeff Hardy

Following the end of the match, Jeff poises for the fans while Kurt Angle remains motionless on the ring apron. Impact fades to black with a shot of both Jeff Hardy and Kurt Angle still in the ring together.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
News on Flair & Hardy, Stone Cold's Role Backstage, TNA on the road, & More

- Ric Flair's TNA debut last week reportedly caught a lot of people backstage in TNA by surprise. Flair's signing was kept on a very low need-to-know basis to avoid it being leaked to the internet. Not even Beer Money was told Flair was going to come out after their match. Although it is a known fact that Ric Flair wants to wrestle again or at least work in the wrestling business again, everyone always expected him to return to WWE at some point, not completely sever ties and join the competition. It is unknown at this point why exactly Flair decided to join TNA but it is being reported that Flair's current contract is for one year.

- Jeff Hardy's TNA re-debut wasn't as surprising. Hardy had met with Stone Cold a few times before the January 7th show and reportedly met with Dixie Carter at least once as well. There was a reported deal in place with WWE for Hardy to eventually return once his court issues were all over with but Hardy backed off of it when he saw how he was being treated on WWE television. Dixie Carter was the one pushing hardest for TNA to sign Hardy, hoping the huge popularity Hardy had when he left WWE would carry over to TNA.

- There is a lot of rumors going around as to what Stone Cold's role in TNA is. Although he officially is not in complete control of TNA (at this time), Dixie Carter pretty much lets him do whatever he wants to do. Eventually as Stone Cold gets more accustomed to working within the company, he will take a more official position.

- One thing Stone Cold has been pushing for since he joined is more TNA televised and pay per view events held on the road. Stone Cold, as well as many others, know how limiting the Impact Zone is when it comes to the growth of TNA. However many events that end up being held on the road will obviously depend on how much money TNA is willing to spend. The ideal plan at this time would be to have one Impact a month on the road and then all of the pay per views on the road but that may be a little out of reach at this point.

- However, one upcoming TNA event will be held on the road. TNA will be holding its annual Lockdown pay per view from the Family Arena in St. Louis, Missouri. The venue was announced on tnawrestling.com after Impact last week.

- Speaking of last week's Impact, following the show it was announced on tnawrestling.com that Kevin Nash and Matt Morgan will be facing each other at the upcoming Genesis pay per view. Last week on Impact, Matt Morgan attacked Kevin Nash after Nash interrupted an in-ring promo that Morgan was giving.

- As of last week's Impact, this is the updated card for Genesis...

A.J. Styles [C] vs. Samoa Joe - TNA World Heavyweight Championship Match
The British Invasion [C] vs. The Motor City Machine Guns - TNA World Tag Team Championship Match
Amazing Red [C] vs. Daniels - TNA X Division Championship Match
Tara [C] vs. Awesome Kong - TNA Knockouts Championship Match
Kevin Nash vs. Matt Morgan​

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Preview for January 14th Impact - Woooo!

- Last week, "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair shockingly showed up on Impact, following the conclusion of the triple threat tag team match. Now on this week's Impact, Naitch promises to explain why.

- Ric Flair was not the only superstar to show up unexpectedly last week. In the main event, "The Charismatic Enigma" Jeff Hardy returned to TNA and defeated Kurt Angle. Now this week, in a dream match scenario, Jeff Hardy will go one on one with the TNA World Heavyweight Champion A.J. Styles in a non-title match.

- Awesome Kong defeated seven other TNA Knockouts to become the new #1 contender to the TNA Knockouts Championship. Now this week the last Knockout she defeated, Hamada, looks to gain a little revenge as she takes on the new #1 contender.

- Also on Impact, the #1 contenders to both the X Division and Tag Team Championships, Daniels and the Motor City Machine Guns will team up to take on the X Division and Tag Team Champions, Amazing Red and the British Invasion in a six man tag team match.

- All this and more, live Thursday January 14th, only on Spike!​

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
January 14th 2010
TNA Impact
Orlando, Florida

Impact opens up this week with a recap video featuring the surprise debuts of both “The Nature Boy” Ric Flair and Jeff Hardy. First the video shows the debut of Ric Flair, focusing in on how he seemed to be there scouting Beer Money. The video then finishes up focusing on what happened between Stone Cold and Kurt Angle at the start of last week’s show and how it led to the main event of Kurt Angle versus Jeff Hardy. The video concludes with the shot that ended Impact last week, of Jeff Hardy standing victorious over Kurt Angle. Once that’s finished, the video cuts to the traditional theme song opening video. After that’s done, the camera cuts to the ring area, the pyro goes off and Impact begins.

Once the pyro finishes firing, the camera cuts to the announcer’s desk where Mike Tenay and Taz welcome everyone to this week’s live Impact telecast, obviously emphasizing that because of Stone Cold, TNA Impact is now live on a permanent basis. They then go into hyping tonight’s huge main event, the TNA World Heavyweight Champion A.J. Styles versus Jeff Hardy in a non-title match. Before they can finish, they are interrupted by the music of Kurt Angle.

Kurt does not go through his traditional entrance routine, with coming up through the entrance ramp and pyro and all, rather he just heads straight for the ring with a microphone in hand.

Kurt Angle: “STONE COLD, I WANT YOU OUT HERE NOW!”

Almost instantly Stone Cold’s music hits and he makes his way down to the ring. Stone Cold surprisingly doesn’t seem very mad or upset at being called out, he just climbs into the ring and waits for what Kurt has to say.

Kurt Angle: “Ok first of all, not only was I put in a match last week that there was no way to prepare for, but now I hear that you’re giving Jeff Hardy a shot at A.J. Styles tonight? After only being back in the company for a whole week? How in the world is that fair?

Stone Cold: “Yes it’s true that Hardy has only been back in TNA for a week now but to be fair, it is a non-title match and remember, whether or not you think you were “prepared” enough for your match last week, Hardy still beat you.”

Kurt Angle: “Well I want a shot at Hardy again, but this time I am going to be ready for him. You’re not going to sneak one on me again.”

Stone Cold: “You’ve just given me a great idea Kurt. As you know, the Genesis pay per view is coming up this Sunday and I still don’t have a full card so how about this? If you stop whining about your title shots and whether you think you deserve them or not, I will give you your rematch against Hardy at Genesis.

Kurt Angle: That’s great, that’s exactly what I wanted to hear. Thank you.

Stone Cold: And I’m even going to make it whoever wins, becomes the new #1 contender to the World Heavyweight Championship.

Kurt is so shocked at how generous Stone Cold seems to be with his match making, he doesn’t speak, he just stands there and smiles.

Stone Cold: But there’s a catch. If you win your match against Hardy, you obviously become the new #1 contender but if you lose, you will not be allowed to challenge for the TNA World Title for exactly one year.

Kurt’s smile immediately turns to a frown as he takes a moment to contemplate whether he should take the deal or not.

Stone Cold: Well, do you want the match or not?

Kurt pauses for a few seconds and then finally responds.

Kurt Angle: Bring it on.

The two don’t say anything to each other after this. Stone Cold’s music hits and he begins to walk out of the ring, leaving Kurt behind to think over the ramifications of his upcoming match.

The camera then cuts back to the announcer’s desk where both Mike Tenay and Taz comment on the new match just made for Genesis. They then hype tonight’s upcoming main event as well as show a video of earlier today when Jeff Hardy arrived at the Impact Zone. Taz starts to comment on how he thinks it’s so cool that Hardy is back in TNA when he is cut off by Mike Tenay who says a giant white limo has just pulled up in the parking lot and the cameras are now going to see how it is.

The camera cuts to the parking lot area where the before mentioned giant limo has just finished pulling up. The driver gets out first and walks all the way to the back of the limo to let out the person inside and out steps “The Nature Boy” Ric Flair. You can hear the crowd in the Impact Zone chanting Wooo! as they see Flair step out of the limo and make his way to the ring area as the camera cuts to a commercial.

*Commercial*

Coming back from commercial, a very loud WOOO is heard throughout the Impact Zone followed by a slightly modified version of Also sprach Zarsthustra, Ric Flair’s familiar theme song. After a slight delay, Naitch himself steps out of the entrance tunnel to a huge reaction from the crowd. Flair pauses for a moment to let it soak in before making his way down to the ring. Climbing into the ring, Flair pauses again while staring at the crowd. Eventually he begins to speak.

Ric Flair: Wooo!

The crowd woos back.

Ric Flair: Ever since last week when I showed up on Impact, I’ve been getting phone call after phone call asking me, “Nature Boy, why’d you show up in TNA? Nature Boy what are you doing?” Well that’s why I am here today, to explain to each and every one of you people why I am here in TNA. As you well know, about two years ago I retired from in-ring competition. Many people thought that was the end of the “Nature Boy” forever and I planned on that being the end of my entire wrestling career. As I was sitting at home, contemplating what I should do with my career, as fate would have it I just happened to turn on the TV, on a Thursday night, to Spike TV and caught a very small first glimpse of TNA Wrestling. What I saw during that very small segment was enough to get me off my feet and calling Dixie Carter. What I saw was a tag team match featuring Beer Money. When I saw those two, I instantly got flash backs of myself, of the Four Horsemen, of Evolution, to put it simply, I saw potential greatness. That’s what got the fire burning inside the “Nature Boy” once again, I said to myself, that is the future right there! With my help, those boys can be future legends, with the “Nature Boy” by their side, nobody will stop them. So that’s why I’m here in TNA people, to offer my services and knowledge to Beer Money because together, we can do great things.

Flair’s music begins to play. Flair once again pauses to acknowledge the crowd as they cheer very loudly for him. Just as he is exiting the ring, the camera cuts to the back.

The camera cuts to the locker room area where James Storm and Robert Roode were watching Ric Flair on a monitor when Don West walks in.

Don West: Guys I’d just like to get your opinion on what Ric Flair had to say about you.

Robert Roode: Although I think, and I’m sure James would agree, that we don’t need anybody’s help, when a legend like the 16 time world champion Ric Flair offers it, you have to listen.

James Storm: Now, now, now wait a minute. We shouldn’t be too quick to side with Flair, remember people don’t call him “The dirtiest player in the game” for nothing.

Robert Roode: I realize that but it wouldn’t hurt to at least take a few pointers from him now would it?

James Storm: It might, you never know.

Robert Roode: It’ll be fine. Now come on, let’s go try and find Ric.

Storm and Roode then walk off camera as Impact cuts to commercial.

*Commercial*

Match #1: Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, & Daniels vs. Amazing Red, Brutus Magnus, & Doug Williams

Coming back from commercial it is now time for the first match of the night, a match featuring all the participants in the upcoming X Division Championship match and World Tag Team Championship match at Genesis. On one side are the challengers, the Motor City Machine Guns and Daniels. On the other are the champions, Amazing Red and the British Invasion. Mike Tenay and Taz give a quick plug for their matches at Genesis before the participants start coming to the ring. Daniels is the first one out followed by his partners the Motor City Machine Guns. Amazing Red follows them, and last but not least is the British Invasion.

The two X Division Championship contenders start the match off in the ring for their respective teams. They immediately lock up in the middle of the ring and go back and forth for quite a long time. Eventually the veteran Daniels gains the upper hand and starts to pull away from Amazing Red a little bit. Feeling pretty worn out at this point, Daniels tags in Chris Sabin. Sabin picks up where Daniels left out, pounding on Amazing Red while isolating him in his team’s corner. Sabin irish whips Amazing Red into the opposite corner. This turns out to be a mistake by Sabin as Amazing Red is able to counter his move and take back the offensive momentum. After several quick flips and X Division style moves which left Chris Sabin motionless on the ring apron, Amazing Red tags in Doug Williams. Doug Williams is obviously the best grappler in the entire match and he quickly takes advantage of that. Instead of going for the pin right out of the gate, Doug Williams decides it’s best to work on Sabin a little bit with various submission moves in an attempt to slow the high flyer down. While in a hold, Sabin tries desperately to crawl to his corner of the ring and tag in Alex Shelley. With all his might, Sabin inches his way towards Alex and with a last second lunge, he’s able to tag him in. Shelley flies right into the ring, knocking Doug Williams down, hoping to surprise him with his speed and quickness. This works wonders as Williams is not prepared. Once Shelley feels that he has Williams right where he wants him, he tries going in for the kill. However the veteran Williams is prepared for this and surprises Shelley with a quick roll up. Lucky for Shelley, he’s able to kick out at two. The surprise roll up by Williams seems to have pissed Shelley off because he immediately starts frantically kicking at Williams. Eventually the referee pulls him away. Shelley then tags back in Daniels. Daniels again picks off where Shelley left off, pounding on Williams like it’s nothing. After nearly thirty seconds of Daniels domination, Daniels tries his luck on the pin attempt but he gets only two. Daniels goes back to doing the same thing he was doing before to nearly the same result. After quite a while, Daniels again goes for the pin attempt but again only gets two. Much like Shelley earlier in the match, Daniels begins to show signs of frustration. Being frustrated ultimately costs Daniels. He becomes careless with his offense and you just don’t do that against someone like Doug Williams. Doug Williams is able to reverse Daniels enough to where he can just barely tag in Brutus Magnus. The slightly bigger Magnus comes in with a fury of close lines on Daniels, each more powerful than the last. The Motor City Machine Guns try to interfere on Daniels behalf but Amazing Red and Doug Williams are ready for them, they both knock them out of the ring. With the ring clear, Brutus Magnus hits his finisher on Daniels and quickly pins him for the 1, 2, and 3!

Winners: Amazing Red, Brutus Magnus, & Doug Williams

Following the match, Brutus Magnus stands over his fallen opponent and taunts him as his two partners re-enter the ring to join him. All three stand proudly victorious in the ring as the camera cuts to the back.

Cutting to the back, Don West is with both Homicide and Hernandez of LAX in the backstage interview area.

Don West: Well guys, I understand that you have something you’d like to say?

Hernandez: Yes we do Don. You see, Homicide and I fell a little short last week in our quest to become TNA World Tag Team Champions. Now we’ve made our voices heard on why we think we really are the ones most deserving to wrestle for the titles but we are going to have to put that quest on hold for a while. We’ve got a different target now. Eric Young, LAX is putting you on notice. We are coming for your Global Championship and I guarantee you that we will not rest until either one of us is TNA Global Champion!

Homicide: Which one of us is it going to be?

Hernandez: We’ll figure that out later.

Homicide: No, I want to figure it out now. There’s no way I’m letting you take all the credit again. I’m going to be the next Global Champion!

Both Hernandez and Homicide continue to bicker strongly back and forth of who should challenge Eric Young. Just as the argument starts to get physical, it is broken up by Stone Cold.

Stone Cold: Break it up! NOW!

Hernandez and Homicide then separate, not wanting to get confrontational with the boss.

Stone Cold: I’m going to settle this right now! It’s going to be very simple. I’m putting both of you in a match tonight against each other and whichever one of you wins will go on to Genesis to face Eric Young for the Global Championship, sound good?

Both nod their heads in agreement.

Stone Cold: Fine then, it’s settled. But if I hear any more B.S. from you two for the rest of the night, not only will you not be wrestling for the Global Championship, but both of you will be fired!

As you can expect, LAX was shocked when they heard this. Neither one of them moves a muscle as Stone Cold walks off camera and Impact cuts to commercial.

*Commercial*

Coming back from commercial, instead of cutting to the ring area, the cameras cut to the backstage area where James Storm and Robert Roode are still trying to locate Ric Flair. Just as they are about to walk out the door and leave, Flair comes up behind them.

Ric Flair: Gentlemen nice to meet you face to face finally.

Flair shakes both of their hands. Robert Roode seems very star struck at the sight of meeting Ric Flair, James Storm doesn’t seem as impressed.

Ric Flair: Now I don’t know what your plans are for the rest of the evening, but I was just wondering if you’d be interested in coming to party with “The Nature Boy”? Stretch limo, all the beautiful women you can handle and all the beer you can drink, what do you say?

Robert Roode: Hell yeah Ric! Let’s do it.

Again James Storm doesn’t seem very sure about going with Flair but eventually caves in when Flair hands him two beers. The three men then walk out the door towards Flair’s limo as the camera cuts back to the ring area.

Match #2: Awesome Kong vs. Hamada

It is now time for the second match of the night, a Knockouts contest featuring the #1 Contender to the TNA Knockouts Championship in Awesome Kong against the last person she eliminated to become the #1 Contender, Hamada. Hamada is the first competitor out to the ring. She is followed shortly after by the always intimidating Awesome Kong.

Hamada may be the only Knockout currently on the roster that is not afraid one bit of Awesome Kong. She proves it by right away attacking Awesome Kong and trying to force her down. Hamada is smart and uses the quickness advantage that she has over Kong. Hamada actually manages to last the first couple of minutes of this match without “feeling the wrath of Kong.” She even gets Kong down on the ring apron for a few moments. Knowing what a full momentum by Kong can mean, Hamada picks up the pace even further to try and put the match away before Kong can get in a lot of offense. Kong does not like this new fast pace. You can see in her eyes that she’s growing angrier by the second. Eventually the anger reaches a boiling point and Kong just explodes. Once this happens, Hamada has only seconds left. Kong doesn’t waste time, she puts Hamada away right away with the Implant Buster and the pin.

Winner: Awesome Kong

Following the match, Awesome Kong does not wait inside the ring for the referee to raise her hand. She immediately starts walking out of the ring but she’s stopped in her tracks by the theme music of the TNA Knockout’s Champion Tara. The two stare each other down as the camera cuts to the back.

Cutting to the back, the camera catches Matt Morgan leaving the Impact Zone and heading to his car. Just when Morgan is attempting to unlock the door, he is jumped by Kevin Nash who nails him in the back of the head with a chair. The shot bloodies and knocks out Morgan. Nash just tosses the chair to the side and leaves an unconscious Matt Morgan lying by his car. The camera cuts back to the ring area, specifically the announcer’s desk.

Both Taz and Mike Tenay comment on the attack on Morgan by Kevin Nash that just occurred. Mike Tenay believes that it was totally un-called for but Taz believes that Morgan may have had it coming since he attacked Nash last week on Impact. Eventually the topic switches to the growing feud between Bobby Lashley and “The Pope” D’Angelo Dinero. They show the video of what occurred between the two last week when Pope tried to hit on Bobby’s wife Kristal. Just as they begin to comment on it, Mike Tenay interrupts and says that there is some sort of commotion going on backstage and they’re going to cut to it right now.

Several security guards and TNA officials are trying to hold back Bobby Lashley and D’Angelo Dinero from fighting each other. It is unclear at first what started the fight but when Stone Cold interrupts yet another confrontation between TNA superstars, the origin becomes clear. Bobby tells Stone Cold that earlier in the day that Pope tried sending flowers to Kristal and when Bobby found out about this he went to kick Pope’s ass. Pope says the flowers were not meant in any sort of bad way, they were just meant as a nice little gift. Bobby lunges at Pope again but is stopped by Stone Cold.

Stone Cold: I’ve had enough of this backstage fighting crap tonight. If you’ve got a problem in this company, you settle it in the ring. This Sunday at Genesis, it’s going to be Bobby Lashley vs. D’Angelo Dinero. You two can beat each other up all you want then.

Stone Cold then pushes Bobby away from him as he walks off camera. TNA security then begin to back off as Bobby just smiles at Pope who is now noticeably shacking in his boots.

*Commercial*

Coming back from commercial, Impact cuts to the announcer’s desk where both Mike Tenay and Taz comment on the newest match added to this Sunday’s Genesis card between Bobby Lashley and “The Pope” D’Angelo Dinero. They both agree that they would not want to be the Pope right now. They also go over the rest of the Genesis card as well, finishing up with the TNA World Heavyweight Championship Match between A.J. Styles and a participant in this next match, Samoa Joe.

Match #3: Samoa Joe vs. Stevie Richards

Cutting away from the announcer’s desk, the cameras show Stevie Richards who is already in the ring awaiting Samoa Joe. Once Jeremy Borash finishes introducing Richards, Samoa Joe’s music begins to play and “The Samoan Submission Machine” makes his way down to the ring.

This match was pretty much one sided right from the start. Stevie Richards did manage to stay alive and get some offense in on Joe for the first minute or so of the match but everything after that was all Joe. Joe toys with Richards for a little bit but he eventually decides he’s not worth the effort and quickly puts Richards away the Rear Naked Choke. Richards taps.

Winner: Samoa Joe

This is the second match in a row that Joe has won in quick fashion. Mike Tenay and Taz once again say that A.J. Styles is in very deep trouble come this Sunday.

Speaking of A.J. Styles, following the Joe/Richards match, the camera cuts to the backstage interview area where Styles is with the returning SoCal Val.

SoCal Val: A.J. you’ve obviously got a very big mountain to climb when it comes to your opponent this Sunday Samoa Joe but before you can even face Joe this Sunday, you’ve got to go through your opponent tonight Jeff Hardy. Thoughts on facing Hardy?

A.J. Styles: Jeff is obviously one of the best wrestlers out there today and someone who is a huge fan favorite and I’m glad that he’s chosen to come back to TNA because for me to become the best TNA World Heavyweight Champion I can be I need to be facing the best competition and Jeff is that. Samoa Joe is the same way. Everyone knows that Joe is one of my best friends in the whole world; it’s always exciting getting into the ring with him because we always have great matches no matter what.

Just as Styles finishes that sentence, he is interrupted by Kurt Angle who comes barging into the set.

A.J. Styles: What the hell do you want Kurt?

Kurt Angle: Just to say enjoy your title reign while it lasts because if Joe doesn’t beat your ass at Genesis, I will at the next pay per view.

A.J. Styles: So sure of yourself are you? Last time I checked, you have to beat Hardy this Sunday otherwise, you can’t challenge for this title for an entire year.

Kurt Angle: Oh I’m going to beat him, you can rest assured on that one.

A.J. Styles: Ok Kurt, you keep telling yourself that. Now if you’ll excuse me, I’ve got a match later tonight to prepare for.

Styles then pushes away from Angle and walks off camera as it cuts to commercial.

*Commercial*

Match #4: Hernandez vs. Homicide

Coming back from commercial it is now time for the fourth match of the evening, a match Stone Cold set up earlier to determine who would challenge Eric Young for the Global Championship at Genesis. This match pits tag team partner against tag team partner as Hernandez takes on his LAX partner Homicide. Homicide is the first LAX member out to the ring, obviously then followed by the big man Hernandez.

Right away Hernandez shows off his power when the two lock up in the middle of the ring, Hernandez just simply pushes Homicide and Homicide goes flying. Homicide tries to stall for time to regain his composure by complaining to the referee but the referee doesn’t listen. Homicide then goes to confront Hernandez. This time Homicide is much more ready for Hernandez, surprising him by getting him locked in a head lock. This doesn’t last longer either as Hernandez pushes Homicide off into the ropes. When Homicide comes back around, Hernandez once again uses his power and size to knock Homicide down. Homicide keeps trying to knock Hernandez down but gets nowhere with it. Hernandez just laughs it off. Hernandez just starts toying with Homicide, letting him get a little momentum and then quickly squashing it. This goes on for the next minute or so of the match. Homicide does manage to get Hernandez down on the ring apron for a brief moment but that is short lived when Homicide gets cocky and goes high risk. Hernandez is ready for him and slams him down. Just as it appears that Hernandez is about to put the match away with a Border Toss, Homicide counters out with a thumb to the eyes of Hernandez. With Hernandez now temporarily blinded, Homicide takes advantage of the situation and quickly rolls him up for the 1, 2, 3!

Winner: Homicide

Fearing the wrath of his partner, Homicide quickly rolls out of the ring and heads to the back. As you can expect, Hernandez is pretty mad but he doesn’t let the anger get the best of him. He just calmly heads towards the back as the cameras cut to the back.

The Impact cameras cut to the backstage office area where Jeff Jarrett is walking towards his office when he is stopped by TNA security.

TNA Security: I’m sorry Jeff but you can’t go in there.

Jeff Jarrett: What do you mean? That’s been my office ever since TNA moved to the Impact Zone.

TNA Security: I’m sorry sir but this is Mr. Austin’s office now and he’s given us strict instructions that no one disturb him, he’s in the middle of an important call.

Jeff Jarrett: Well tell him that I need to speak with them then.

TNA Security: We can’t sir, we can leave a message if you’d like?

Jeff Jarrett: No just forget it!

Jeff then storms off camera as it cuts to commercial.

*Commercial*

Match #5: A.J. Styles vs. Jeff Hardy

Coming back from commercial it is now time for tonight’s highly anticipated main event between the TNA World Champion A.J. Styles and “The Charismatic Enigma” Jeff Hardy. Before the two competitors begin making their way towards the ring, the music of Kurt Angle begins to play. Dressed in street clothes, Kurt then walks over to the announcer’s desk and joins Mike Tenay and Taz on commentary. Both of them seemed very surprised by this but just let it go anyway. Right when Kurt Angle sits down, the music of his Genesis opponent Jeff Hardy begins to play. The crowd goes crazy as Hardy makes his way down to the ring. Quickly following after Hardy is the champion A.J. Styles, also coming to the ring to a very good reaction from the crowd.

Right off the bat Hardy takes the momentum advantage. With a burst of energy, Hardy forces Styles into the corner and just begins to pound on him repeatedly. Hardy’s momentum is stopped only when Styles pushes him off the top rope and onto the outside of the ring. Surprisingly Styles does not go after Hardy right away, he lets Hardy get to his feet before attacking. Once Hardy crawls back into the ring, Styles begins kicking at him, trying to wear Hardy down. Styles even tries to go for an early Styles Clash but Hardy is able to counter out. However the next minute or so of the match belongs to Styles. Styles spends that minute working on the legs of Jeff Hardy, obviously trying to take away the aerial offense that makes him famous. Just like Styles tossed Hardy out of the ring earlier in the match, Hardy does the same thing to Styles, flipping him up and over the top rope. But unlike Styles, Hardy goes right after A.J. on the outside. He irish whips him into the steel steps as well as into the audience guard rail twice. Once Hardy feels Styles has had enough, he tosses him back in the ring. In an odd turn of events, Hardy begins to apply several submission holds to Styles while Styles is still hurt. This actually goes on for quite some time before Styles is able to get back to his feet. The two then go back and forth for what seems like two minutes, trading pin attempt for pin attempt, neither seeming to gain the upper hand until Hardy hits the Whisper in the Wind on Styles. This seems like it would be the end but just as Hardy is trying to hit the Twist of Fate, Styles counters with a pele kick to Hardy’s head. Feeling pretty confident, Styles goes for the pin attempt but just as he is bending down, Hardy springs to life and hits the Twist of Fate out of nowhere! This gets the crowd very pumped up and with them behind him, Hardy climbs to the top rope and hits the Swanton Bomb right on Styles for the 1, 2, 3!

Following the end of the match, in a show of good sportsmanship, Hardy picks Styles up and shakes his hand. Hardy then raises both of their hands as the crowd continues to cheer loudly. Just like last week, Impact fades to black with a shot of Kurt Angle and Jeff Hardy staring each other down, awaiting when they meet again at Genesis.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
TNA News: Raven/SoCal Val return, Heat between Stone Cold & TNA Veterans, Sacrifice Location Announced & More

- Two TNA stars who were only released about a week ago are now back with the company. SoCal Val was brought back when officials felt they needed one more backstage interviewer to go along with Don West and bringing back Cristy Hemme would have cost too much. Raven was also resigned. Raven is actually expected to be joining the TNA creative team soon, taking over for Matt Conway whose contract is up shortly.

- That leaves many to wonder what the future holds for Vince Russo. Raven was hand picked by Stone Cold to take over for Matt Conway and some are now wondering if soon Stone Cold will be replacing Vince as well. As of right now Vince's job is safe but that could all change once Stone Cold gets more settled in.

- There have been rumors flying that there was quite a bit of heat between Stone Cold and the TNA veterans such as Kevin Nash, Kurt Angle, etc. over Stone Cold's instance that they work more dates. Before Stone Cold came in, many of the veterans were able to get by not working house shows and just working the televised events but now in order to try and boost house show attendance, Stone Cold is insisting that they work them. The veterans were said to not be that happy about it but none of them, with the exception of Sting, has outright refused.

- TNA has just announced that the upcoming Sacrifice pay per view will be held in the DeSoto Civic Center in Southaven, Mississippi. The DeSoto Civic Center was the site of Slammiversary 2008. This is also the first time ever that the Sacrifice pay per view will be held outside of the Impact Zone. TNA also plans to announce the venue for this year's Slammiversary in the next week or two.

- Abyss' TNA status is said to be very much in the air right now. He recently lost very quickly to Samoa Joe on Impact and there are no plans for him for the future at the moment. TNA creative feels that Abyss has gone through too many characters changes over the past couple of years and they don't know where to go with him at this time.​
Preview for Genesis - The Stone Cold PPV Era Begins

- The first pay per view of the year as well as the first pay per view of the Stone Cold era, Genesis is the beginning of new and greats things for TNA.

- After impressing Stone Cold with a quick submission victory over "The Monster" Abyss, Samoa Joe earned himself a TNA World Title shot against the champion A.J. Styles. Will Joe continue to impress with a victory or will A.J. be the one to stand out?

- In what has become a very personal feud as of late over "The Pope" D'Angelo Dinero's actions towards Bobby Lashley's wife Kristal, Pope and Lashley will collide inside the six-sided ring.

- Win and become #1 Contender to the TNA World Title. Lose and not be able to challenge for the title for an entire year. Those are the stipulations for Kurt Angle as he takes on Jeff Hardy. Will Kurt be able to get the shot at the title he believes he deserves or will Jeff Hardy earn the shot instead?

- In a big man collide grudge match, "Big Sexy" Kevin Nash takes on "The Blueprint" Matt Morgan. The two have been trading shots back and forth for the past two weeks and now at Genesis, they finally face off in the ring. Who will earn the title "best big man in TNA"?

- Also scheduled for Genesis...Eric Young [C] vs. Homicide for the TNA Global Championship...Tara [C] vs. Awesome Kong for the TNA Knockouts Championship...Amazing Red [C] vs. Daniels for the TNA X Division Championship...Brutus Magnus [C] & Doug Williams [C] vs. Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin for the TNA World Tag Team Championship.

- All this and more, live on pay per view Sunday January 17th!​

·
Registered
466 Posts
You have set up Genesis well, i am looking forward to reading it.

The Styles/Joe title match, tag titles match between BI and MCMG and the Hardy vs Angle match in particular i am looking forward to see what you do with them.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
January 17th 2010
Genesis
Orlando, Florida

Genesis opens with the traditional opening video package. This video package focuses heavily on Stone Cold coming into TNA, especially his mandate to the TNA locker room that in order for them to gain title shots, they must impress Stone Cold. The video doesn’t focus really at all on the matches on tonight’s card, deciding to wait until later to do that. Once the video is finished, the cameras cut right to the ring area. The pyro goes off and the show begins.

The camera pans over the Impact Zone which has been re-done for tonight's pay per view. The entrance set is different, the ring ropes are different, obviously much different than the normal sets of pay per views past.

Once the camera finishes showing the new Impact Zone set, it cuts to the announcer’s desk where Mike Tenay and Taz welcome everyone to Genesis, the first pay per view of the Stone Cold era. They give a quick rundown of every single match, focusing more on the two main matches, the world title match and the Hardy/Angle match. Once they finish the rundown, they introduce the first match of the night.

Match #1: Kevin Nash vs. Matt Morgan

Mike Tenay and Taz give the history of this feud, commenting on a video that is playing of the first time they collided on the January 7th edition of Impact and again when Kevin Nash assaulted Matt Morgan in the parking lot on last week’s Impact. Both Tenay and Taz wonder out loud if Matt Morgan will be completely 100% after taking that brutal steel chair to the back of the head. After the video finishes up, the music of Kevin Nash begins to play.

Kevin Nash begins to slowly make his way down to the ring. The crowd boos him quite a bit but it doesn’t bother Nash one bit. He makes his way into the ring and the music of Matt Morgan begins to play soon after. Matt comes to the ring with a noticeable bandage around his head from the assault by Kevin Nash with a steel chair last week on Impact. Matt has only one thing on his mind and that is revenge.

Matt Morgan does not wait for the bell to ring to begin attacking Kevin Nash. Once Matt steps into the ring, he runs right at Kevin, tackling him to the ring canvas. Matt just unloads on Kevin until the referee forces him to break it up. The referee holds off Matt just enough for Kevin to get to his feet. Once Kevin is back up, Matt once again begins to furiously unload with rights and lefts. He irish whips Nash to the opposite side of the ring and sandwiches him in the corner. He manages to do this two more times before a desperation knee to the midsection by Nash puts a stop to it. Nash, who is visibly shaken at this point, now begins his first offense of the match. He begins hitting Morgan in the head, attacking the bandaged area. This shakes up Morgan just enough to now make it an even fight. Nash forces Morgan into a corner and begins to wear him down with a series of knees and elbows to the head. Nash even gets in an irish whip, followed by a big boot which knocks Morgan down. Nash has a very precise game plan tonight, to target the bandaged area of Morgan’s head to potentially knock him out once more. With Morgan down on the ring apron, Kevin continues this strategy, working over the bandaged area with knees and fist strikes. This dazes Morgan even more but not quite enough to put him away. Eventually Morgan begins to fire back, fighting to his feet. With a burst of energy, Morgan begins to mount a furious offense. When he irish whips Kevin, Kevin squirms just enough so when Morgan throws him to the other side of the ring, Nash bumps into the referee and knocks him down. Instead of following up on Nash, Morgan goes to check on the referee which proves to be a grave mistake. With the referee out and Matt Morgan’s back turned, Nash pulls out a pair of brass knuckles from his pants. When Morgan turns back around to face Nash, Nash hits him with all his might right on the bandaged area. This knocks Morgan out completely. With Morgan out, Nash lays down on him and drags the referee over to count the 1, 2, 3!

Winner: Kevin Nash

Following the end of the match, the crowd starts to boo Nash very heavily as you would expect but this doesn’t bother him, he just strolls back to the locker room like it was nothing. Meanwhile back in the ring, referees and TNA security/medical staff are checking on Matt Morgan who is attempting to stand but he’s very wobbly. Eventually two TNA security members have to help carry Matt to the back.

Cutting to the announcer’s desk, both Mike Tenay and Taz comment on what just happened between Kevin Nash and Matt Morgan. They are both very worried that Matt may have a serious concussion and that there is just no excuse for the actions of Kevin Nash.

Shifting gears away from the Nash and Morgan match, Mike Tenay and Taz now begin to give the rundown of the next match, the Global Championship match between champion Eric Young and LAX’s Homicide. They go over the history of the Global Championship, it first being a title created by Booker T called the Legends Championship and then when Eric Young won it, it was renamed to the Global Championship. Now Eric Young will be defending it against the unpredictable Homicide who had to beat his own partner Hernandez to gain this opportunity tonight. Once they finish with all that, the cameras cut back to the ring where Jeremy Borash is beginning his introductions.

Match #2: Eric Young [C] vs. Homicide – TNA Global Championship Match

It is now time for the first championship match of Genesis, the Global Championship Match. First out to the ring is the challenger Homicide, accompanied by his LAX partner Hernandez who doesn’t look too happy to be out here but he comes anyway. Following LAX is obviously the champion, Eric Young. Once Eric gets into the ring, he hands the belt to the referee, the referee calls for the bell and the match can begin.

The beginning two minutes or so of this match is rather boring. Eric Young is taking everything very slowly, trying to avoid anything unpredictable that Homicide may have planned for him. Eventually though, the pace of the match begins to pick up very quickly. The quicker Eric Young makes his offense, the more quick Homicide makes his. After awhile, this match starts to resemble an X Division Championship match rather than a Global Championship match with all the flips and arm drags and such. You’d think this pace would favor Homicide more but the champion holds his own quite well. This seems to surprise Homicide and as a result, Homicide starts to get more and more desperate as the match goes on. He begins taking cheap shots, some that the referee sees and some that he doesn’t. Just when he gets Eric Young right where he wants him, he asks his partner Hernandez for help. Shockingly, Hernandez refuses and the two begin to argue again. This presents a perfect opportunity for Eric Young. While Homicide is still arguing with Hernandez, Eric Young sneaks behind him and rolls him up for the quick 1, 2, 3!

Winner and Still TNA Global Champion: Eric Young

Following the end of the match, instead of being angry at his opponent who just stole a victory from him, Homicide takes out his frustration on his tag team partner Hernandez. The two fight for a little bit before the larger Hernandez eventually calms everything down and they begin walking towards the back. Just as Eric Young is about to step out of the ring, suddenly the lights go out in the Impact Zone. Nobody is quite sure what is going on but then the lights come back on, everything becomes clear. When the lights come back on, they reveal Eric Young laid out at the hands of…DESMOND WOLFE! Desmond stands over Eric with the Global Championship in his hands as the cameras cut to the back.

Cutting to the back, specifically the backstage interview area, Don West is with “The Charismatic Enigma” Jeff Hardy.

Don West: First of all Jeff, I’d just like to welcome you back to TNA and secondly I’d just like to get your thoughts on your match tonight against “The Olympic Gold Medalist” Kurt Angle.

Jeff Hardy: It’s great to be back Don. Umm, going up against someone like Kurt Angle won’t be easy. It certainly doesn’t help the situation that because of the stipulations added to our match Kurt will be doubly focused on getting the win but you know what, that doesn’t bother me. In my career, I’ve gone up against guys that have been better in the ring than me, I’ve gone up against guys that have been bigger than me, I’ve gone up against guys more athletic than me but every single time I’ve come out on top. I certainly didn’t get the reputation I did because I took the easy road, no. I got my reputation because I was not afraid of standing up to guys like Kurt Angle, spitting right in their eyes and beating them 1, 2, 3 and tonight I’m going to do it again.

Don then thanks Jeff for his time and sends it back to the ring area where the next match is about to begin.

Match #3: Tara [C] vs. Awesome Kong – TNA Knockouts Championship Match

It is now time for the third match of the night, this one for the TNA Knockouts Championship between the champion Tara and the challenger Awesome Kong. Kong, who won an 8-person Knockouts Gauntlet for the Gold style match to become the #1 contender, is the first out to the ring. The champion Tara is obviously next. Tara heads right for the ring and gets right into Awesome Kong’s face showing her that she’s not afraid unlike most of the Knockouts on the TNA roster. Tara then hands her belt to the referee, the referee calls for the bell and the match can begin.

While the two Knockouts are still face to face, Awesome Kong delivers the first blow, a powerful punch to Tara’s face which knocks the champion down. Everyone in the audience begins to fear that his match may be a quick squash victory on the part of Awesome Kong but Tara holds her own quite well. After quite a long domination by Awesome Kong, Tara slowly begins to build up momentum and offense on Kong enough to at least slow Kong down. With Kong slowed down just a little, this allows Tara to get some offense on against Kong. However her offense doesn’t seem to have much of a damaging effect on Kong, rather it just appears to make Kong angrier. Kong soon starts firing back at Tara, slowing Tara’s offense down to a halt. Kong starts taking over the match from this point. Despite being in what appears to be permanent control, Kong is unable to put Tara away. Kong tries twice to hit the Implant Buster on Tara but both times Tara squirms away. Kong tries a third time. This time Tara squirms out again but she counters with a kick to the head of Awesome Kong. This brings Kong down to one knee, enough for Tara to take back the momentum. Once Tara has Kong where she wants her, she tries to get Kong up for the Widow’s Peak finisher but with Kong being so big, she’s forced to modify it. After stumbling a little, Tara finally hits the modified move and covers Kong for the 1, 2, 3!

Winner and Still TNA Knockouts Champion: Tara

Following the match, Tara jumps up in excitement over having just beaten the toughest Knockout on the TNA roster. The referee hands her the belt, and she continues jumping some more. Just as she turns back around, she is hit with a nasty close line from Awesome Kong who is not happy at all over having just lost. The referee tries to get her to leave the ring but instead of listen, Kong takes the referee and tosses him over the top rope. Now left alone with Tara, Kong begins brutally attacking Tara. Eventually she tosses Tara outside the ring. Kong then grabs a steel chair from under the ring. TNA security try to get her to stop but she scares them away with the chair. She continues attacking Tara with the chair, hitting her in the back several times. Kong then whips Tara into the steel steps and ring posts several times until Tara is unable to move. With Tara now completely out, Kong pulls a table from out under the ring and begins setting it up. Once again TNA security tries to get her to stop but instead of getting her to stop, Kong ends up putting one of the security guards through the table! With the security now permanently away, Kong pulls out another table from under the ring and sets it up. This time she grabs hold of Tara and hits a huge power bomb, putting Tara right through the table. Feeling satisfied that her work is now done; Kong now heads to the back, leaving Tara motionless on the outside of the ring.

Cutting away from the carnage, the Genesis cameras cut to the locker room area specifically the locker room of Bobby and Kristal Lashley. Bobby is preparing for his match while Kristal is pacing nervously.

Kristal Lashley: Bobby you have to guarantee me that you’ll beat Pope tonight, please promise me.

Bobby Lashley: Baby don’t worry, I will. And I promise that he’ll never come anywhere near you again.

Kristal Lashley: Ok, now go kick his ass!

Bobby then gets up and walks out of the room. Kristal follows him shortly after as the cameras cut to the ring area.

Match #4: Bobby Lashley w/ Kristal Lashley vs. D’Angelo Dinero

Before the match can begin, a video is shown of what exactly happened between these three that lead to this match. Mike Tenay says that Pope is going to get exactly what’s coming to him and Taz says that Bobby is overreacting; Pope was just trying to be nice. Either way, now they face off in the ring. The Lashleys are the first out to the ring. Kristal, as you would expect, stays close to Bobby as they make their way down to the ring. Pope soon follows them. Making his way down to the ring, Pope surprisingly does not acknowledge Kristal at all, keeping his focus right on Bobby.

The two immediately lock up in the middle of the ring. However this was the closest Pope would get to offense in the beginning minute or two of this match. The beginning moments of this match were totally dominated by Bobby Lashley. Every time Pope thinks he’s getting somewhere, the strength of Bobby Lashley proves to be too much. The only rest Pope gets is when he rolls out of the ring just when Bobby is about to hit a spear. Lashley goes right after him but this time Pope is able to fight back with a strong kick to the midsection which doubles Bobby over. Bobby props himself up against the steel steps which Pope sees as another good opportunity, driving his knee into Bobby’s shoulder which then bounces off the steps. Bobby starts rolling around in pain. Kristal comes to check on her husband but stops dead in her tracks when she sees Pope. Again, Pope does not acknowledge her; instead he rolls back into the ring to avoid being counted out. Just as the referee gets to 8, Bobby rolls into the ring where Pope is ready for him. Pope continues pounding away on Bobby’s injured shoulder. Pope continues working on Bobby’s shoulder with arm bars, punches, and anything else he can think of. Eventually Bobby is able to power out and get back to his feet. Even though he is back to his feet, Pope continues working on Bobby’s shoulder which by this point is very weak. On the outside of the ring, Kristal tries to cheer on her husband. Hearing his wife appears to give Bobby an extra boost as he starts firing back at Pope. Pope still continues targeting Bobby’s shoulder but Bobby fights through the pain, attacking Pope with everything he’s got. Just when Bobby thinks he has Pope right where he wants him, he gets in position for the spear. Just as Bobby is about to hit it, Pope hits a drop kick right in Bobby’s injured shoulder. With Bobby again down, Pope locks in a strong arm bar and doesn’t let go. With his shoulder in a lot of pain and being nowhere near the ropes, Bobby has no choice but to submit.

Winner via Submission: D’Angelo Dinero

Following the end of the match, Kristal nervously gets into the ring to check on Bobby. Pope does nothing, he just stares her down. Eventually Pope just gives up and starts heading to the back, leaving the Lashleys alone in the ring.

The cameras then cut back to the announcer’s desk where Mike Tenay and Taz start hyping up the next match, the X Division title match between champion Amazing Red and challenger Daniels. They give the tale of the tape, highlighting the big experience difference between Amazing Red and Daniels. They both agree that Amazing Red is in for one hell of a fight but if anyone can handle it, it’s him. Once they are done with all that, they send it to the ring.

Match #5: Amazing Red [C] vs. Daniels – TNA X Division Championship Match

First out to the ring is the challenger Daniels. A huge fan favorite, Daniels comes to the ring to quite a good reaction from the crowd. Quickly following him to the ring is the champion Amazing Red, who gets a mixed reaction from the crowd. Red hands the belt to the referee and the match officially begins.

Right away the two lock up in the middle of the ring. Once they break away from that, they start going back and forth against the ropes, diving and dodging each other with only a few times colliding. They go back and forth like this for quite some time, neither one seems to get much of an advantage. Eventually both Red and Daniels seem to get angry at the fact that neither one can seem to get any momentum so they start picking up the pace and the power behind their moves. The match then spills to the outside of the ring. On the outside, the match starts to resemble a brawl rather than the quick, high-flying style of an X Division match. They continue fighting each other until the referee convinces them both to stop and return to the ring. Daniels then tosses Amazing Red back into the ring. Back inside the ring, the match turns back to the X Division style with both Red and Daniels exchanging arm drags, irish whips, and about every possible move in their arsenal. This is when the veteran Daniels begins to slowly take over. While Amazing Red has been hitting all these energy draining moves, Daniels has been lying in wait, waiting until Amazing Red slips up. To Amazing Red’s credit, he does not mess up for quite a while but to Daniels, all he needs is one little opening to take the match. After a very long time of waiting and getting beat up on top of it, Daniels eventually gets his opportunity when Red slips off the top rope. Daniels takes control of the match and does not let go. Showing great patience once again, Daniels waits until the perfect time to put away. Sensing it’s time, Daniels lays Amazing Red out and then goes for the BME. Daniels hits it and immediately pins Red for the 1, 2, 3!

Winner and New TNA X Division Champion: Daniels

The crowd goes wild as the referee hands Daniels the X Division title. Once he holds it in his hands, he hoists it high above his head while the crowd continues to cheer him on. While Daniels continues celebrating, the camera cuts to the back.

Backstage we see “The Nature Boy” Ric Flair with Beer Money walking the hallways, heading towards the ring area it looks like when they see the Motor City Machine Guns preparing for their upcoming match. The five men stare each other down for a few seconds before the Guns just shrug it off and begin heading towards the ring area. Ric Flair doesn’t seem too happy about that as he whispers something into Robert Roode’s ear as the camera cuts to the ring area.

Match #6: Brutus Magnus [C] & Doug Williams [C] vs. Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin – TNA World Tag Team Championship Match

Cutting back to the ring area, it is now time for the sixth match of the night, the TNA World Tag Team Championship match between the champions Brutus Magnus and Doug Williams, a.k.a The British Invasion, against the challengers Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin, a.k.a The Motor City Machine Guns. The challengers are the first to the ring, to a good reaction from the crowd. They are followed shortly after by the champions, who get a mixed reaction from the crowd. The champions hand the belts to the referee but before the referee can call for the bell, they are interrupted by the music of “The Nature Boy” Ric Flair. Flair and Beer Money, who are all dressed in nice suits, make their way out of the entrance tunnel. However instead of coming to ringside, the three take seats in the front row, watching the match like fans. Once they sit down, the referee calls for the bell and the match can begin.

Alex Shelley starts the match in the ring for his team and Brutus Magnus starts the match in the ring for his team. The match starts off very evenly; one man does not get the advantage that is until the quickness of Shelley begins to take over. Shelley gets Magnus down on the ring apron and begins working on his arm. This continues for a few seconds before Magnus counters out and gets back to his feet. Being near his own corner, he tags in his partner Doug Williams. Williams takes over and begins returning the favor on Shelley, working on Shelley’s arm. This seems to have much more of an effect on Shelley then Shelley’s move did to Magnus. Williams continues applying the pressure until a punch to the face ends it. Shelley tries tagging in Chris Sabin but Doug Williams just drags him back. Williams goes right back to working his many submission holds on Shelley, obviously trying to take away his high flying offense. After a long time of slowly inching his way towards Sabin, Shelley is able to reach just enough to tag him in. Sabin gets in but Doug Williams keeps control, delivering several punches to Sabin which eventually topples Sabin over the top rope. Now on the outside, Doug Williams uses everything on the outside to his advantage from the ring posts to the guard rail. Getting tired of the outside, Williams tosses Sabin back into the ring and he continues his dominance. Williams switches gears just a little, going from a submission based attack to more of a brawling based one. This doesn’t work well however as Sabin somehow manages to hit a kick to the head of Williams which knocks Williams down. Sabin then tags back in Alex Shelley. Shelley still seems a little beaten up from before so his attack is not as quick as you would expect. This turns out to be good for Doug Williams. The slow offense by Shelley allows him to tag in his partner Brutus Magnus. Magnus enters the ring and begins unloading on Shelley, exploiting a perceived weakness. This weakness however turns out to be a trap. Just when Brutus goes for a move, Shelley counters and tags back in Chris Sabin. The two begin double teaming Magnus. They wear him down just enough to where they think they can put him away but just as they try to, Doug Williams breaks it up. The Guns then turn their attention to Williams. They hit the double team finisher on Williams and toss him out of the ring so he won’t interfere again. Turning back around they are surprised by Brutus Magnus who nails both Sabin and Shelley with stiff strikes, knocking both of them down. Magnus then picks up Shelley and tosses him out of the ring towards Doug Williams who has just recovered from being tossed out himself. Williams slams Shelley hard into the guard rail and re-enters the ring to join Magnus. At this time, Magnus has Chris Sabin up on his shoulders waiting for the perfect time to hit the Tormentum. Asking for permission from his partner and getting it, he hits the move and pins him 1, 2, 3!

Winners and Still TNA World Tag Team Champions: Brutus Magnus & Doug Williams

Following the end of the match, the referee hands the tag titles to Magnus and Williams who hold them up high over the heads in victory. Meanwhile, Ric Flair and Beer Money stand up and give the British Invasion a standing ovation which the champions just shrug off. The camera then cuts back to the announcer’s desk.

Back at the announcer’s desk, Mike Tenay and Taz both begin hyping up the next match, the match with arguably the biggest stipulations attached to it, that being the match between Kurt Angle and Jeff Hardy. If Kurt beats Hardy, he becomes #1 contender to the TNA World Title but if Hardy wins, Hardy becomes #1 contender and Kurt cannot challenge for the TNA World Title for one year. The cameras show a split screen of both men preparing for this match. Once it looks like the two are finished preparing, the camera cuts back to the ring area where Jeremy Borash is ready to give introductions.

Match #7: Jeff Hardy vs. Kurt Angle - #1 Contender Match to the TNA World Heavyweight Championship

First out to the ring is “The Olympic Gold Medalist” Kurt Angle. Kurt appears very, very focused on the task at hand and doesn’t even turn his head to look at the fans as he makes his way down to the ring. Following him is his opponent, “The Charismatic Enigma” Jeff Hardy who is quickly turning into a fan favorite judging by the growing reactions he gets every time he comes out to the ring. Just as Hardy climbs into the ring, Kurt attacks him and the match begins.

Kurt starts off by forcing Jeff into a corner of the ring. Kurt begins lowering his shoulder into Jeff Hardy’s midsection, knocking the wind out of him with every strike. Feeling some mercy for Jeff perhaps, Kurt lets him out of the corner. Kurt then takes Jeff down to the ground and locks in a submission hold. Kurt keeps the hold locked in for quite a while until Jeff is able to power out and reverse it into a neck lock of his own. Jeff starts to work on the historically injured neck of Kurt Angle. Angle manages to push Hardy off of him but Hardy just goes right back to the neck lock. While Hardy still has the neck lock applied, Angle forces him back into the same corner where he was at before. With the assistance of the referee and the ring ropes, Angle is able to get out of the hold and take the momentum of the match back. Angle keeps Hardy backed up in the corner for a while, working on Hardy’s midsection. Seemingly growing tired of it, Angle decides to take Hardy to the middle of the ring and hit some suplexes. Angle gets one before Hardy counters into a suplex of his own. Hardy then picks up Angle and tosses him into the same corner as before and starts to return the favor, working on Angle’s midsection this time. This doesn’t last long as Kurt is able to get out of it with a few shots of his own. The two now go back and forth for about a minute and a half or so until a vicious power bomb by Kurt Angle puts an end to that all. The power bomb seems to have rattled Hardy so much that he’s having trouble getting back up. The referee starts counting and he gets as far as eight before Hardy staggers back to his feet. Angle then returns to a submission attack. Angle has Hardy locked in pretty good. Just when it looks like Hardy may give up, the fans start to cheer him on which gives Hardy just enough energy to start fighting back. With the crowd on his side, Hardy powers back to his feet. However this is short lived. As soon as Hardy gets back to his feet, Angle knocks him back down. With Hardy back down, Angle once again goes submission. Surprisingly Hardy powers out once again. This time Hardy has more of a fire, unloading furiously on Angle. Hardy gains the momentum and does not give it back. After about another minute and a half or so of wearing down Kurt Angle, out of nowhere Jeff hits the Twist of Fate! Just as Jeff is about to then go for the Swanton Bomb, Angle gets to his feet and hits an Angle Slam out of nowhere! Angle then lowers the straps and locks in an Ankle Lock. With all the submissions that Hardy has been through in this match, one wouldn’t expect him to get out but somehow he does. Kurt can’t believe it and begins attacking Jeff but Jeff is ready with another Twist of Fate! This time Hardy is able to hit the Swanton Bomb and cover Angle for the victory!

Following the end of the match, Hardy seems more astonished at his victory than Kurt seems at his defeat. Hardy celebrates with the crowd as Angle gets back to his feet. Hardy extends his hand to Angle but Angle just shakes his head and walks out of the ring leaving Hardy stranded as the camera cuts to the back.

The cameras now cut to the locker room area where Samoa Joe is preparing for his upcoming match when the champion A.J. Styles comes in.

A.J. Styles: Hey man, I just want to say that whatever happens in our match tonight I hope it doesn’t hurt our friendship. No matter what, you’re still one of my best friends.

Samoa Joe: A.J., you may be one of my best friends but that still doesn’t change the fact that I am going to whip your ass tonight and take that title from you. Just don’t start crying when I do.

Joe then pushes past A.J. as the camera cuts to a video promo.

This video promo highlights A.J. and Joe’s long history together from the beginning of TNA all the way to the present day. It also shows how Joe earned this title opportunity by quickly making Abyss tap, impressing Stone Cold in the process. The video doesn’t last long and when it’s finished, the cameras cut back to the ring area.

Match #8: A.J. Styles [C] vs. Samoa Joe – TNA World Heavyweight Championship Match

First out to the ring is the challenger “The Samoan Submission Machine” Samoa Joe. The crowd gives Joe a good reaction. Shortly after Joe climbs into the ring, the champion’s music begins to play and A.J. Styles makes his way down to the ring. A.J. hands the belt to the referee, the referee holds it up high, hands it outside, and calls for the bell so the match can begin.

Joe comes right out of the gate firing on all cylinders, very quickly overwhelming Styles. It’s clear from the get go what Joe’s plan of action is, and that is to beat Styles down and win the match as quick as possible. Joe continues this offensive assault for quite some time but just cannot put Styles away like he would like. Styles manages to stay alive quite well, taking as much punishment as possible but not seeming to get much of the effects. This frustrates Joe since his plan of action is obviously not working. Switching to a new plan, Joe decides to take Styles down and work on him with various submission holds. This seems to work a little better but unfortunately for Joe, A.J. is able to get back to his feet and start mounting some offense of his own for the first time in this entire match. The quickness of Styles and the anger that’s been building up inside Joe overwhelms him. Styles keeps the momentum going for a while until he is stopped dead in his tracks by a powerful Samoa Joe close line. The close line by Joe seems to have knocked the wind out of Styles because he does not have the same fire he had earlier in the match. Joe then starts going back to his original game plan of overwhelming Styles with his powerful offense. This time it seems to work a little better but despite it having more effectiveness, Joe is still unable to put Styles away. Joe even gets three pin attempts in but every time Styles kicks out at two. Joe is desperately trying to keep his cool but it gets hard as the match continues on. Styles slowly but surely starts to build up his momentum again, forcing his way back to his feet. Once Styles is back up, it becomes a fair fight again. The two begin exchanging rights and lefts. They battle like this for a good thirty seconds or so before Joe once again starts to take the momentum of the match. At this point Styles has come back several times and it doesn’t look like he’s going to be able to again. Joe beats on Styles to the point where Joe feels it’s time to put him away. Joe gets Styles in position for the muscle buster but just as Joe is about to hit it, he slips just a little allowing Styles to counter with a Pele kick! With Joe down, Styles sees his chance. He gets Joe in position for the Styles Clash and hits it. He then rolls Joe over and pins him, getting the 1, 2, 3!

Winner and Still TNA World Heavyweight Champion: A.J. Styles

Following the end of the match, the referee hands Styles the belt. Styles takes time to acknowledge the crowd as Joe starts to realize what has just happened. Genesis cuts to black with a shot of Joe angrily pounding his fists on the mat while Styles continues celebrating his victory.

G

·
Nice ppv.

Glad you kept the titles stable by only having one change hands

Nash cheating was typical Nash and leaves more room to feud

Apart from Nash and Daniels I got the rest of the winners wrong

Hardy vs Styles will be a cracking title match

I wonder whats next for Pope now after fairly beating Lashley

British Invasion need new challengers possibly Beer Money

I thought it was a very good show

8/10

·
Registered
466 Posts
Really good pay per view.

Nash cheating was expected. I think there will be another match in this feud as Morgan will want payback.

Eric Young winning was good. It would be nice to see Young get a good title reign under his belt. I can see the LAX splitting soon and Desmond Wolfe's attack was good.

Never expected Tara to beat Awesome Kong!

The Pope winning was good. I am interested to see what you will do with the Pope.

Daniels picking up the win was good. Always good to see a Daniels push.

The British Invasion are good champions. I agree with 1987 wrestling fan that they need a good feud.

I really enjoyed the two main events. Both matches were great. I thought Styles would retain and it was a great match.
I was surprised Angle lost. I am interested to see what you do with Angle now he is out of the title equation,

Your Genesis was a really good pay per view and I am looking forward to seeing the fallout from Genesis on the next few Impacts.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
TNA News: Desmond Wolfe Returns, Awesome Kong "Suspended", Pay Per Views Swapped

- As seen on last Sunday's Genesis pay per view, Desmond Wolfe made his return to TNA when he attacked Global Champion Eric Young following Young's victory over Homicide. Wolfe had not been used on TV much since around Bound for Glory '09 and before Stone Cold came in there was even talks of cutting Wolfe but lucky for him Kurt Angle stood up and helped keep Wolfe around. Now it looks like Wolfe has gained another powerful backstage supporter in "Stone Cold" Steve Austin who is said to be a huge fan of his. Look for Wolfe to get a big push now that Stone Cold is running the show.

- Following her brutal assault of a TNA security guard following her match against Tara at Genesis, Awesome Kong has been suspended by TNA. There is nothing to suggest at this time that this is anything more than a storyline plot.

- TNA has apparently swapped two of their pay per view events. Victory Road is now listed as being held in May and Sacrifice is now listed as being held in July, according to tnawrestling.com.

- This was done for two reasons. One, TNA is in the final stages of majorly re-doing their pay per view lineup. They do not have everything completely finished as of yet but one of the moves in the proposed plan was to swap Victory Road and Sacrifice. The second reason, or the reason for the move to be announced now, is that since TNA has already announced the location for their May pay per view, they needed to make the change before tickets went on sale. Victory Road will still be held in the DeSoto Civic Center in Southaven, Mississippi.​
Preview for January 21st Impact - Whose the most deserving?

- The fallout from Genesis promises to make the title situations in TNA even messier.

- Kurt Angle lost his match against Jeff Hardy which means Jeff Hardy now becomes the #1 contender to the TNA World Title. It also means that Kurt cannot challenge for the TNA World Title for one year. What will this mean for the Olympic Gold medalist now that he's out of the title picture?

- Another TNA superstar that lost out on his title opportunity at Genesis was Samoa Joe. Joe came within a stumbled Muscle Buster of becoming the TNA World Heavyweight Champion. When will Joe get another opportunity or will he have to wait just like Kurt Angle?

- Tara managed to retain her Knockouts Championship against Awesome Kong but not without paying a heavy price. Following her victory she was brutally attacked by Awesome Kong resulting in Awesome Kong being suspended. With Kong suspended and Tara badly hurt, what will this mean for the future of the Knockouts Championship?

- Desmond Wolfe shockingly returned to TNA at Genesis, attacking TNA Global Champion Eric Young. This week on Impact, Desmond promises to address why he decided to return now and why he attacked Eric Young.

- Also, the new TNA X Division Champion Daniels says he has important news about his future. What could this possibly mean?

- All this and more, live Thursday January 21st, only on Spike!​

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
January 21st 2010
TNA Impact
Orlando, Florida

Tonight’s Impact starts off with the look back at the action that happened last Sunday at Genesis. It show Daniels winning the X Division Title from Amazing Red and then transitions into the Kurt Angle vs. Jeff Hardy match. The video spends just a little time on that match, just highlighting the fact that Kurt lost and now he can’t challenge for the title for one year. The video package finishes up with a look at the World Title match against A.J. Styles and Samoa Joe, showing how Joe was just a stumbled Muscle Buster away from winning the title. Once that is all finished, the Impact opening video begins to play. Once that’s finished, the camera cuts to the ring area, the pyro goes off and the show can begin.

Mike Tenay and Taz welcome everyone to another exciting edition of TNA Impact. Once again they go over all that went down at Genesis last night. Once they are finished with all that they address the Knockouts Championship situation. The current TNA Knockouts Champion Tara will not be able to compete for several weeks due to the brutal assault she took at the hands of Awesome Kong and as a result, a new Knockouts Champion will need to be found. Once they finish that sentence, the music of Stone Cold hits.

Stone Cold makes his way down to the ring dressed in street clothes with a microphone in hand. Once again, Stone Cold gets a great reaction from the TNA fans.

Stone Cold: I don’t know about ya’ll but I think last Sunday’s Genesis pay per view kicked ass!

The crowd cheers.

Stone Cold: We had great matches from everybody, from the British Invasion to Jeff Hardy to Styles and Joe I have to thank all you guys for the effort you put in to make my first TNA pay per view a success.

The crowd cheers again but a little quieter than before.

Stone Cold: Now on to serious business. By now everyone has heard or saw what occurred following the TNA Knockouts Championship match at Genesis when Awesome Kong put not only the champion Tara through a table but a TNA security guard as well. I do not condone any member of the TNA roster putting their hands on a member of the TNA staff like that and as a result I have suspended Awesome Kong.

The crowd gives a mixed reaction to that news.

Stone Cold: Also as a result of Awesome Kong’s actions, the TNA Knockouts Champion Tara will not be able to defend her title within thirty days which means the Knockouts Title is now vacated. To find the next Knockouts Champion, I am announcing an eight Knockout Championship Tournament where the winner will be crowned the new Knockouts Champion. And the first match of that tournament starts…RIGHT NOW!

The Beautiful People’s music begins to play and Velvet Sky makes her way to the ring alone. Just as she is walking down the aisle, Impact cuts to a short commercial break.

*Commercial*

Match #1: Taylor Wilde vs. Velvet Sky – TNA Knockouts Championship Tournament Round One Match

Coming back from commercial it is now time for the very first match of the night and the first match in the brand new TNA Knockouts Championship Tournament. The two Knockouts in this match, Taylor Wilde and Velvet Sky, are already in the ring when Impact comes back from commercial. Once Impact comes back, the bell instantly rings and the match can begin.

The two lock up in the middle of the ring. Taylor takes Velvet down right away and gets her in a head lock. Taylor has Velvet down until Velvet cheats a little by pulling Taylor’s hair. The referee then breaks them apart which gets Velvet out of the head lock. Velvet then charges at Taylor, taking her to the ground. For the next few moments of this match Velvet has Taylor in her grasp, sneaking in “illegal” moves while the referee was looking a different way. Eventually though the referee did pick up on what Velvet was doing and made her stop which allowed Taylor the opportunity to get back into the match. Being the better wrestler of the two, Taylor began slowly pulling away from that point on. Velvet held her own for a lot longer than most people would have guessed but in the end, Taylor’s talent won out and it was Taylor who got the 1, 2, 3!

Winner: Taylor Wilde

Following the end of the match, Velvet Sky attacks Taylor from behind. This catches Taylor by surprise a little bit but not enough to do any serious damage. Taylor fights back and eventually ends up tossing Velvet Sky over the top rope and onto the floor outside, an exclamation point on her victory.

Cutting away from the ring area, the Impact cameras cut to Stone Cold’s office. Stone Cold is sitting at his desk when a knock on the door is heard.

Stone Cold: Come in.

In steps “The Nature Boy” Ric Flair and Beer Money, all dressed in suits.

Stone Cold: What can I do for you gentlemen?

James Storm: We understand that you need new #1 contenders for the TNA Tag titles and there’s no one more qualified for that than Beer Money!

Stone Cold: You know my policy fellas, I do not just hand out titles or title opportunities to anybody. If you want an opportunity, you’ve got to earn it.

Ric Flair: Steve look at these boys. Are they not the most impressive pair of athletes you’ve ever seen? I mean this is the present and future of TNA right here, there’s nobody more deserving.

Stone Cold: Ric that may be true but again…

Just as Stone Cold is finishing his sentence, he is interrupted by the Motor City Machine Guns who come barging in to Stone Cold’s office.

Alex Shelley: Whoa whoa whoa Flair. Did I just hear you say that Beer Money is the most deserving? Are you kidding me? Just because they’ve attached themselves to your coattails makes them championship contenders, is that it? We deserve the next title shot, not these punks.

Robert Roode: You guys lost at Genesis remember, so get in the back of the line. We’re getting the shot, not you!

Chris Sabin then shoves James Storm who then proceeds to spit beer in his face. This leads to an all out brawl between both teams. Eventually Stone Cold breaks it up.

Stone Cold: Enough! I know how I’m going to settle this. If you all want the title shot so bad you’re going to fight for it. Tonight’s main event is going to be the Guns vs. Beer Money and the winner goes on to face the British Invasion at Against All Odds next month.

Upon hearing this news, both teams break apart and begin smiling and nodding their heads in agreement over what Stone Cold has just done. Once the two teams back off, Stone Cold backs off as well.

Stone Cold: Alright fine, now get the hell out of my office!

All five men then quickly make their way out of Stone Cold’s office, leaving Stone Cold alone as the camera cuts to commercial.

*Commercial*

Coming back from commercial, Impact cuts to the backstage area where Hernandez of LAX is preparing for his upcoming match when his tag team partner Homicide barges in.

Homicide: Yo dude, what happened at Genesis? I thought you were going to have my back.

Hernandez: Look that’s in the past, we need to move on. We’ve got bigger things to focus on right now, like getting back into the tag title picture.

Homicide: But didn’t you hear? Stone Cold already gave the next opportunity to Beer Money or the Guns without even thinking about us!

Hernandez: I’ve already got a plan for that. Right now we just need to make sure and take care of business and then we’ll deal with Beer Money and the Guns. Ok?

Homicide: But how exactly do we get back into the tag title picture? Stone Cold isn’t exactly going to just hand it to us on a plate.

Hernandez: Look just trust me, I have a plan. Let’s deal with Lethal Consequences first, and then we can deal with Beer Money and the Guns.

Homicide: Alright then.

The two then get up and walk out the door as the camera cuts to the ring area.

Match #2: LAX vs. Lethal Consequences

Cutting to the ring area, it is now time for the second match of the night, a tag team match featuring Jay Lethal and Consequences Creed of Lethal Consequences and Homicide and Hernandez of LAX. Lethal Consequences is the first team out to the ring, Jay Lethal does his Macho Man impersonation and Consequences Creed just follows. Soon after they arrive, their opponents come to the ring. LAX heads right to the ring, they clearly have something to prove tonight in this match.

Consequences Creed begins the match in the ring for his team and Hernandez begins the match in the ring for his team. Early on it is Consequences Creed who has the advantage, using the slight quickness advantage he has to keep out of the reach of the bigger and stronger Hernandez. Consequences actually manages to get Hernandez down for a few brief moments before the strength of Hernandez ultimately came in to play. Hernandez doesn’t take over the match right away, Consequences Creed uses his quickness advantage quite well but that only lasts for a few seconds. With a very quick power surge, Hernandez just explodes on Consequences Creed, unloading on him with everything he’s got. Creed tries desperately to tag in Jay Lethal but every time he reaches, Hernandez pulls him right back. Creed keeps trying to hold on but it’s to no avail, because soon Hernandez gets Creed up in the Border Toss position and hits it perfectly. Hernandez then pins Creed for the impressive 1, 2, 3!

Winners: LAX

Almost immediately after their quick victory, Homicide and Hernandez leave the ring area and start heading towards the back, leaving Jay Lethal and Consequences Creed alone in the ring. Jay Lethal enters the ring to check on his partner, who is just starting to recover from Hernandez’s Border Toss. As Lethal is checking on him, they are interrupted by the music of the new TNA X Division Champion Daniels. They wait and wait but Daniels does not come out of the entrance tunnel. Finally after wondering where he was, Daniels begins making his way through the crowd with a microphone.

Daniels: Greetings all! For those of you who may not know who I am, I am the new TNA X Division Champion, Daniels!

The crowd cheers as Daniels holds the X Division title high above his head.

Daniels: At least, that’s what I used to be called. You see, winning this X Division Title, a title that myself, A.J. Styles, Samoa Joe, and countless others help make famous, has given me a new breath of life if you will. Before winning this title, I was beginning to question my future. I thought maybe it was time to hang it up.

The crowd starts to boo at the thought of Daniels retiring.

Daniels: But when the referee counted the one, two, three last Sunday at Genesis and handed me this belt, all those thoughts went away. Now with this title firmly in my possession I begin a new chapter in my life. I call this new chapter “the rebirth of the Fallen Angel.” From now on, I will not be known as just Daniels. No, from now on I am going back to the name that helped make me famous. From now on, you can call me, “The Fallen Angel” Christopher Daniels!

The crowd cheers once again.

Christopher Daniels: Now to explain why I’m here. As I began this new chapter in my career I began to think, how can I help others? I’m no idiot, I know my age and I know that I don’t have a lot of years left so I need to make sure and use my remaining time wisely and when I see someone like you Jay Lethal waste your time with a stupid Randy Savage rip-off gimmick in a go nowhere tag team with a go nowhere wrestler like Consequences Creed, I just have to do something. So I am promising you, in front of all these fans, that I will do whatever it takes to get you to drop all the crazy nonsense that has held you back and embrace the star that resides inside your true self and that is the gospel, according to “The Fallen Angel.”

Jay Lethal and Consequences Creed just stare at Christopher Daniels, trying to understand exactly what has happened and why of all people Christopher Daniels has targeted Jay Lethal. As Christopher Daniels poses for the crowd, the camera cuts to the back.

Before Impact cuts to commercial, we see a shot of Samoa Joe making his way through the hallways of the Impact Zone on his way to the ring. Joe looks like he has something important on his mind.

*Commercial*

Coming back from commercial, the cameras cut immediately to the ring area where the music of Samoa Joe is heard. Joe makes his way out of the entrance tunnel dressed in street clothes with a microphone in hand.

Samoa Joe: You know what, I’m not going to waste anybody’s time here, I’m going to cut right to the chase. A.J., I’d like a word with you please.

Joe waits and waits but no sign of A.J.

Samoa Joe: A.J.!

Instead of A.J. Styles’ music, we hear the music of “The Olympic Gold Medalist” Kurt Angle. Angle steps out of the entrance tunnel, dressed in a very nice suit with a rose in the pocket, and begins making his way down to the ring. Joe has a very confused look on his face, obviously not sure what Kurt Angle could want with him.

Kurt Angle: I am going to just save you the embarrassment Joe, I already know what you were going to say. You were going to call A.J. out here and beg A.J. to give you another title shot. You were going to whine like a little bitch.

Samoa Joe: I’m the little bitch? Wasn’t it you Kurt that whined to Stone Cold until he broke down and had to give you a shot at Jeff Hardy just to shut you up? And if my math is correct, I believe that’s the second time Jeff has beaten you since he’s been back. So why don’t you shut up and get in line behind those of us that actual deserve a title shot?

Kurt Angle: At least I can actually hit my finisher.

That comment seems to have struck a huge nerve with Samoa Joe, referencing the botched Muscle Buster that pretty much cost Joe the World Heavyweight Title. Joe tenses up but does not lash out at Angle.

Kurt Angle: What’s the matter big guy? Angry are you? Maybe we should change your nickname to “The Samoan Stumbling Machine”, maybe that would fit you better?

Joe turns around and gets right into the face of Kurt Angle but again he does not lash out.

Kurt Angle: Ooo big scary man, what are you going to do? Hit me?

Samoa Joe: You know what, that sounds like a good idea.

Samoa Joe then reaches back and unloads a major right hand to the side of Kurt Angle’s head. This punch immediately knocks Angle down. Joe then jumps on Angle and begins unloading him. Angle just curls up into a ball as Joe beats on him. Eventually TNA security enters the ring to break the two up. Joe has managed to hurt Kurt Angle quite a bit. Angle appears to have a cut on his forehead as well as a black eye. TNA security then escorts Joe out of the ring as the TNA medical staff attends to Kurt Angle.

Cutting away from the commotion in the ring, the Impact cameras switch to the backstage interview area where Don West is with the returning Desmond Wolfe.

Don West: Desmond first of, I’ve got to ask you, why did you decide to return to TNA at this time?

Desmond Wolfe: You know Don, I have my reasons but frankly they’re none of your business.

Don West: Ok then? Well umm, can I ask why you decided to target Eric Young upon your return?

Desmond Wolfe: I decided to target Eric Young because simply I saw someone who does not deserve to have a place in this business let alone holding the TNA Global Championship.

Don West: Hey I’ve known Eric Young for many years and if there’s anyone who deserves his spot in this business it’s him.

Desmond Wolfe: Ha, funny. He’s a disgrace to this business, a disgrace to TNA and when I take that TNA Global Championship from him, I am going to make sure he never disgraces this business again.

Desmond then storms off camera as Impact cuts to commercial.

*Commercial*

Match #3: Angelina Love vs. Sarita - TNA Knockouts Championship Tournament Round One Match

Coming back from commercial it is now time for the third match of the evening, the second match of the TNA Knockouts Championship Tournament between Angelina Love of the Beautiful People and one half of the TNA Knockouts Tag Team Champions, Sarita. Sarita is the first out to the ring, obviously followed by her opponent, Angelina Love.

The bell rings and the two Knockouts go at it. After a brief back and forth interaction, Angelina gets Sarita in some sort of odd submission hold. However, just as Angelina starts to think she has the match won, out of nowhere Sarita surprises her with a quick roll up. With Angelina’s shoulders on the mat, the referee counts 1, 2, and 3!

Winner: Sarita

The Beautiful People have not fared very well in this Knockouts Championship Tournament. First Velvet Sky looses to Taylor Wilde and now in a match that lasted only a little over a minute, Angelina Love has lost as well. Angelina Love is stunned at how fast Sarita was able to beat her and all she’s able to do is stare at Sarita as Sarita gets her hand raised by the referee.

Cutting away from the ring area, Impact once again cuts to the backstage hallway area where Kevin Nash is talking to someone on his cell phone when Stone Cold walks up.

Kevin Nash: (Talking to the person on the cell phone) Can I call you back?...Ok thanks, bye. (To Stone Cold) So Steve, what can I do for you?

Stone Cold: You may think you’re smart, attacking Matt Morgan in the dark when his back was turned with a steel chair and then at Genesis with brass knuckles and you may think that nobody would do anything about it but you’re dead wrong. See, I know you had the night off tonight, well not anymore. I’m putting you in a match tonight, against someone that’s not been in the best mood as of late, “The Samoan Submission Machine” Samoa Joe! And you better get ready, because that match is up next.

Stone Cold then walks off camera, leaving Kevin Nash standing there. Once Stone Cold is gone, Kevin Nash begins to walk away when he sees Kurt Angle being helped to the back by the TNA medical staff. Kurt brushes them off and limps over to Nash.

Kurt Angle: So, you had a chance to think about that offer I gave you some more?

Kevin Nash: Yes I have but I’ve got other things to worry about now. Stone Cold just put me in a match against Samoa Joe tonight.

Upon hearing Samoa Joe’s name, Kurt’s face goes beat red.

Kurt Angle: Do me favor, kick his ass!

Kevin Nash: It’ll be just like a walk in the park.

The two then shake hands. Nash goes in one direction off camera and Kurt Angle does in the other as Impact cuts to commercial.

*Commercial*

Match #4: Kevin Nash vs. Samoa Joe

Coming back from commercial it is now time for the fourth match of the night, a match that was just made before Impact went to commercial by Stone Cold between Kevin Nash and Samoa Joe. Joe is the first out to the ring still pumped from earlier when he beat up Kurt Angle. Shortly after Joe arrives in the ring, Nash’s music hits and “Big Sexy” makes his way to the ring, appearing a little nervous but with the game face mostly on.

The match starts off with Kevin Nash hitting several knees to Joe’s stomach, forcing Joe into a corner where Nash continues his offense, hitting several more knees as well as a couple punches on Joe. Nash seems to have a second gear tonight, with Joe in the corner he just continues unloading on him until Joe falls to the ring apron. Nash picks Joe up and continues the offense. Nash dominates Joe until Joe is able to reverse an irish whip by Nash into knocking Nash down. Once Nash gets back up, Joe knocks him right down with a powerful running close line. Nash gets up again and Joe does the exact same thing he did before, he knocks Nash down with a close line. This time instead of waiting for Nash to get up, Joe goes and pulls him up by himself. With Nash up, Joe irish whips him into the corner, following that up by sandwiching Nash in the corner. Obviously going for a little revenge from earlier in the match, Joe begins unloading on Nash. The power of Joe is just too much for Nash as Nash rolls out of the ring to get a little breather. When Joe follows him, Nash seizes an opportunity to use the outside to his advantage. Nash takes Joe all the way around the ring, using every possible advantage he spots. Not wanting to get counted out, Nash rolls back into the ring. Just as the referee counts nine, Joe rolls back in the ring as well. Nash then continues working on Samoa Joe, forcing him back into a corner where Nash pounds on him. Nash starts to feel that he’s in control of this match and starts to get a little cocky which ultimately costs him. With Joe still in the corner, Nash lets up a little bit which is enough of a window to allow Joe to start building up steam. Gradually with every punch, Joe fights his way back into control and finally with another powerful close line, Joe gets Nash down on the ring apron, just where he wants him. Joe motions that he’s going for his Rear Naked Choke submission hold but he stops before he applies it. Thinking about what to do next, Joe grabs Nash’s leg and begins applying an Ankle Lock, obviously mocking Kurt Angle. Nash tries fighting through the pain but Joe is just too powerful. Not wanting to give up but having to because of his ankle, Nash ultimately taps.

Winner via Submission: Samoa Joe

Joe obviously used that match to send a clear message to Kurt Angle, a message that says he is not someone you want to mess with. Joe then leaves the ring, leaving Nash alone. Nash struggles to get to his feet, his ankle in serious pain. As Nash is struggling, suddenly Matt Morgan comes running through the crowd with a baseball bat in hand. Matt jumps the guard rail and enters the ring. Nash struggles to his feet and the two stare each other down. After a few brief seconds of nothing, Matt attacks Nash with the baseball bat. Nash, who is in no shape to fight back, just hits the ring apron like a lead balloon. Matt continues unloading on Nash until Nash is virtually motionless. Once he feels that he’s done enough damage, Matt just drops the baseball bat. The camera catches Matt saying to Nash, “now how does that feel?” as it cuts to the back.

Cutting to the back, the camera catches Kristal Lashley talking with a TNA doctor when she is interrupted by the Pope.

D’Angelo Dinero: Well well well, who do we have here?

Kristal Lashley: Just stay away from me Pope please; you’ve done enough damage already.

Pope snatches what appears to be an X-Ray from the TNA doctor’s hand and holds it up to the light. The cameras can’t tell who the X-Ray is for, but it appears to be of a shoulder.

D’Angelo Dinero: My my, I really did some damage to ol’ Bobby’s shoulder didn’t I?

Kristal doesn’t say anything, she just stares at Pope, hoping he doesn’t do anything crazy.

D’Angelo Dinero: You know baby, whenever you’re ready to ditch the pretend wrestler for a real one, give me a call.

Pope then hands Kristal a card with his phone number on it but Kristal just tosses it to the ground. Pope gives her a quick smirk and then walks off camera.

*Commercial*

Match #5: Beer Money w/ Ric Flair vs. The Motor City Machine Guns – TNA World Tag Team Championship #1 Contender Match

Coming back from commercial, it is now time for the main event of the evening, a tag team match with title implications. Whichever team earns the victory will earn themselves a TNA World Tag Team Title shot at Against All Odds. Before the match can begin, Mike Tenay and Taz are joined by the #1 contender to the TNA World Heavyweight Championship Jeff Hardy. Jeff will be doing commentary for this upcoming match. First team out to the ring is the team of Beer Money who is being accompanied by their new mentor, Ric Flair. Their opponents, the Motor City Machine Guns, soon follow them to the ring.

Alex Shelley begins the match in the ring for his team and James Storm starts the match in the ring for his team. Right out of the gate Alex Shelley gains the upper hand, employing the quickness advantage he has to sneak in a few offensive moves on James Storm. Growing frustrated at being unable to catch Shelley, James Storm begins lashing out, hoping that one of his wild punches lands on its target. This attempt however is unsuccessful. Shelley slowly forces Storm into his corner, while Ric Flair shouts instructions to James Storm. The instructions do little to stop Alex Shelley, who is able to tag in Chris Sabin. Sabin picks up right where Shelley left off, using the quickness advantage he has to not only wear Storm down but to apparently frustrate him as well. This works well for a while, until one of Storm’s wild punches finally hits its target. Now in control for the first time in the match, Storm takes this opportunity to let out a little frustration on Sabin. Storm just unloads and unloads on Sabin until Sabin is motionless on the ring apron. Storm looks ready to go in for the kill but Ric Flair shouts something at him that makes him stop. Instead of going for the kill, Storm picks Sabin up and tags in Robert Roode. Roode employs a more finesse offense than Storm did, Roode obviously taking lessons from Ric Flair. This works wonders until a surprise burst of energy by Sabin puts an end to all that. With a quick kick to the side of Roode’s head, Sabin gathers enough strength to lunge and tag back in Alex Shelley. Shelley is now the one with the wild offense, using any move he can think of to try and pin Robert Roode. Shelley starts getting frustrated with his inability to put Roode away. Chris Sabin tries desperately to get Shelley to tag him in but he won’t listen. This proves to be a mistake. Robert Roode then turns the tables and takes over control of the match. You would think this would be the end of the match but it isn’t. A save from the outside by Chris Sabin prevents Roode from pinning Alex Shelley. That little window is all Shelley needed to fight his way back into the match. Now back in control and not wanting to make the same mistake he did before, he tags in Chris Sabin. Sabin re-enters the ring and continues on Roode. Just when it looks like Sabin has Roode where he wants him; a distraction by Ric Flair on the referee allows Robert Roode to cheap shot Sabin. Now this really looks like it’s the end for the Guns. Roode builds up steam and gets Sabin right where he wants him. Just as Roode hits his Double R spine buster on Sabin, he turns to see LAX, who came out of nowhere, attack Ric Flair in the back of the head, knocking him out. LAX then turns and runs as James Storm leaves the match to chase them down. As Robert Roode turns back around to confront Chris Sabin, Sabin is ready for him. With Roode down, Sabin calls in Alex Shelley and the two hit a double team finisher on Roode. Sabin then pins Roode for the 1, 2, 3!

Winners: The Motor City Machine Guns

The crowd loves it, Jeff Hardy loves it, and obviously so do the Guns because they are now once again #1 contenders to the TNA tag team championships. The Guns celebrate in the ring as Flair and Robert Roode collect themselves. When Flair realizes what has just happened, he erupts in a rage. Impact fades to black as the Guns continue celebrating their victory.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
TNA News/Notes: Slammiversary Location Announced, 3 Hour Impact Planned?

- tnawrestling.com recently announced that this year's Slammiversary pay per view will be held in San Jose, California at the San Jose State University Event Center.

- It looks like TNA has been given the financial green light to go ahead and hold every pay per view scheduled for 2010 on the road. Lockdown, Victory Road, and now Slammiversary have been announced as being away from the Impact Zone. However there is no word yet on when TNA will start taking the Impact show on the road.

- The April 15th edition of Impact (which is the Impact before Lockdown) is now listed on some TV schedules from 7 P.M. to 10 P.M. instead of the usual 8 P.M. to 10 P.M. time slot. It was initially believed to just be a mistake but several TNA officials are now saying that it is not a mistake and that they are planning to have that episode of Impact be a three hour long special. More information on this shortly.​
Preview for January 28th Impact

- Last week's Impact main event saw the Motor City Machine Guns defeat Beer Money to once again become the #1 contenders to the TNA World Tag Team Championships but the victory was not without some controversy. An attack on Ric Flair by LAX caused Beer Money to become distracted which allowed the Guns to pick up the victory. How will Flair and Beer Money respond to this attack?

- Upset over his loss at Genesis, Samoa Joe called out A.J. Styles, hoping his friend would give him another shot at the TNA World Heavyweight Championship but instead of A.J. Samoa Joe got Kurt Angle who had reasons to be upset as well. A brawl ensued between the two which resulted in Joe giving Kurt a black eye as well as a nasty cut on his forehead. Then in his match against Kevin Nash, Joe used Kurt's finisher The Ankle Lock to make Nash tap, obviously taunting him. This has the makings of a pretty nasty feud and it's only just begun.

- Speaking of Kevin Nash, Nash thought he had put away Matt Morgan for good at Genesis but that was not the case. Following Nash's submission defeat at the hands of Samoa Joe, Matt Morgan attacked Nash with a baseball bat. What condition will Kevin Nash be in following this attack and has Matt Morgan really healed up enough to compete?

- After his submission defeat of Bobby Lashley at Genesis, "The Pope" D'Angelo Dinero has challenged anyone in the TNA locker room to a submission match so he can show that his victory over Bobby Lashley was not a fluke. Who will answer his challenge?

- Last week, Daniels announced that he will no longer be called Daniels, instead he is returning to his old moniker, "The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels. As a result of this transformation, Christopher Daniels challenged Jay Lethal to drop his tag team partner Consequences Creed as well as his Macho Man gimmick so he can become the star he knows he can be. Will Jay Lethal accept Christopher Daniels' challenge?

- Also on Impact...Desmond Wolfe returns to in-ring action as his quest to defeat Eric Young and become the TNA Global Champion begins...Also, two more matches in the TNA Knockouts Championship Tournament.

- All this and more, live Thursday January 28th, only on Spike!​

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
January 28th 2010
TNA Impact
Orlando, Florida

Impact opens up tonight with the traditional video recap package of last week’s action. The package focuses on three key events from last week, the confrontation between Samoa Joe and Kurt Angle, the match between Samoa Joe and Kevin Nash in which Joe made Nash submit with Kurt Angle’s Ankle Lock submission, and then it finishes with Nash being attacked by Matt Morgan with a steel chair. Once that is finished, the opening Impact video package starts to play, and when that’s finished, the camera cuts to the Impact Zone so the show can begin.

Impact starts right off this week with the music of Kurt Angle blaring throughout the Impact Zone. Angle, dressed in a suit, begins making his way down to the ring. Following right behind him is “Big Sexy” Kevin Nash. When they make it to the ring, both men grab microphones.

Kurt Angle: Well, we were going to come out here and call out Samoa Joe and Matt Morgan but apparently they’re not here tonight. They both were conveniently given the night off. So instead, Big Kev and I are going to take this time to get a few things off our chests.

Kevin Nash: Stone Cold, I don’t really appreciate being put in matches at just a moment’s notice like that. I am a legend in this business, I deserve to at least be given proper time to prepare myself. I was not ready for my match against Samoa Joe and as a result, not only did I lose the match but it allowed that punk Matt Morgan to blindside me in the back of the head with a steel chair.

Kurt Angle: And Joe, where the hell do you get off using my finisher in a match? I don’t ever remember giving you permission. Are you so uncreative and untalented that you can’t think of moves to do yourself so you have to go around stealing others? I thought we were over all this “young talent doesn’t respect us veterans” crap. When are you guys going to learn? Joe, Matt, you’re all the same.

Kevin Nash: I think I speak for Kurt too when I say this. We’re done trying to be nice about it. From now on, we are just going to beat the respect into you.

As soon as Kevin Nash finishes his sentence, he is interrupted by the music of the TNA World Heavyweight Champion A.J. Styles. Styles steps out of the entrance tunnel dressed in street clothes with the title over his shoulder and a microphone in hand.

A.J. Styles: Since Samoa Joe and Matt Morgan are not here to defend themselves against you clowns, I thought I’d come out here and help them out. You see it’s not that we don’t “respect” you, it’s just, well…you guys are total douches. Now I’m not saying all veterans are that way, Sting for example has been very good to me and helped me out a lot. I thought you were the same way Kurt. I knew about your backstage politicking Nash so I never expected much out of you but I thought Kurt was different. But with the whole Main Event Mafia thing and now, I have lost all respect for you. You’re nothing but a jealous old man.

Kurt Angle: Well how about this jealous old man come down there right now and kick your ass!

A.J. Styles: Whoa, whoa hold on a second there cowboy I’ve got a better idea. How about me and you go one on one later tonight in the main event? What do you say?

Kurt starts to ponder that offer but before he can answer back to Styles, he is interrupted by the music of Jeff Hardy. Jeff Hardy comes out of the entrance ramp and stands right next to the man he will be facing upcoming at Against All Odds for the TNA World Title.

Jeff Hardy: I’ve got a better idea A.J. How about instead of it being just you and Kurt in the main event tonight, we make it a tag team match, you and me against Angle and Nash.

A.J. Styles: Sounds like a good idea. What do you say Kurt?

Kurt whispers something towards Kevin Nash and the two begin to talk it over. They take quite a long time to decide.

A.J. Styles: Well?

Kurt Angle: We accept!

That settles it then, tonight’s main event will be A.J. Styles and Jeff Hardy taking on the team of Kurt Angle and Kevin Nash. The camera takes turns going back and forth between shots of Nash and Angle and then Hardy and Styles. Eventually the camera cuts to the back.

Before Impact goes to commercial, we see a shot of Desmond Wolfe preparing himself to return to action. Tonight will be his first match back in a long time and he’s obviously making sure everything is 100% ready to go. He keeps on preparing as the camera cuts to commercial.

*Commercial*

Match #1: Desmond Wolfe vs. Kazarian

Coming back from commercial it is now time for the very first match of the night between Desmond Wolfe and Kazarian. As mentioned before, this is Desmond’s first Impact match in several months and he’s out to capture the TNA Global Championship so he must make a good impression. First out to the ring is Kazarian, followed then obviously by Desmond Wolfe.

Desmond starts off the match right away by going full steam ahead at Kazarian. The two are pretty similar in size but Desmond’s determination gives him the advantage in this match’s early goings. Desmond’s game plan is to keep Kazarian grounded, thus eliminating a good percentage of his offense. Kazarian just has no answer for what Desmond is bringing at this point, he hardly gets in any offense at all, he just mainly spends most of the match defending himself against the determined Desmond Wolfe. Eventually though you start seeing just little cracks in Desmond’s armor as Kazarian manages to sneak in a couple of punches before Desmond puts a stop to it. Every move Kazarian makes Desmond has an answer for. This continues right up until the point Desmond believes he can win the match. He gets Kazarian in position but just as Desmond goes to put him away, Kazarian bursts out of nowhere and starts unloading on Desmond. Strike after strike wears Desmond down until the point where Kazarian looks like he might win. Kazarian gets Desmond in position and boom, he hits his finisher. Kazarian was so excited that he momentarily forgot to cover Desmond but seeing Desmond motionless on the ring apron snapped him out of it. Kazarian covers him and scores the 1, 2, 3 upset victory!

Winner: Kazarian

Following the match, Kazarian just starts jumping for joy over the fact that he’s scored an upset victory. He celebrates so much that he takes his eye off of Desmond Wolfe who blindsides him from behind. The two begin brawling yet again. The referee tries to break it up but it’s no use. They continue fighting each other for about 30 more seconds before they are stopped in their tracks by the music of “The Nature Boy” Ric Flair. Flair and his new sidekicks Beer Money step out of the entrance tunnel and begin making their way down to the ring and oh boy do they look upset. Seeing how angry they look, immediately Desmond and Kazarian stop fighting and separate.

Robert Roode: Excuse us guys but we’ve got some important business to take care of.

Roode then hands the microphone to Flair.

Ric Flair: LAX! You punks! Who the hell do you think you are putting your hands on “The Nature Boy”? Do you know who I am? I am the reason you guys even have a business to work in. I am the 16 time world champion, woo! And only did you two have the balls to put your hands on me, you cost Beer Money here the #1 contendership! You pieces of crap need to be taught a lesson and it needs to happen right now!

Flair is then interrupted by the music of LAX. Homicide and Hernandez step out of the entrance tunnel and the sight of them makes Flair go even crazier.

Hernandez: You did get one thing right old man, we did attack you from behind last week but if you go back and watch the tape, we did not cost Beer Money the #1 contendership. Those stupid inbreeds cost themselves. They were the ones that took their eyes off the ball; we had nothing to do with it.

Robert Roode: That’s BS and you know it! We would have won that match if it wouldn’t have been for you!

Both teams continue going back and forth, arguing who is right. They go on like this for a while before they are interrupted by the music of Stone Cold. Stone Cold makes his way out of the entrance tunnel and instantly all men stop dead in their tracks.

Stone Cold: Alright let me settle this. Flair and Beer Money are right in that LAX had no business being out there during their match last week.

Ric Flair: Thank you! We were right after all!

Stone Cold: Hey did I give you permission to speak? Didn’t think so. Yes LAX had no business being out there last week but LAX did not interfere in the match itself so I cannot change the outcome but here’s what I can do. To prevent any sort of whining that I know will eventually come from you Ric, I am booking these two teams against each other for Against All Odds. You can let out any frustration you may have towards each other then but for now I better not here anymore about this, understood? Good!

Stone Cold’s music then begins to play again as he steps back into the entrance tunnel, leaving LAX and Beer Money/Flair staring each other down as the camera cuts to the back.

Cutting to the back, Don West is in the interview area with TNA Founder Jeff Jarrett.

Don West: Ever since Stone Cold came and took over TNA, things haven’t been quite the same for you have they Jeff?

Jeff Jarrett: No they have not Don. I’ve been virtually shut out of the company I founded.

Don West: Has Stone Cold given you any sort of reasoning as to why he’s not letting you in on any of his decisions?

Jeff Jarrett: No he hasn’t and that’s what’s made me the angriest. This is the company I founded, that I built with my bare hands so I deserve at least some sort of explanation for what’s going on. In fact, I’m going to call Stone Cold out. Yep, next week on Impact I am going to go to the center of the ring and demand an answer from Stone Cold once and for all. I’ve had enough; it’s time to end this.

Once Jeff finishes that sentence, the camera cuts to commercial.

*Commercial*

Match #2: Hamada vs. ODB - TNA Knockouts Championship Tournament Round One Match

Coming back from commercial, it is now time for the second match of the evening, the third match in the TNA Knockouts Championship Tournament between Hamada and ODB. Before the match can begin, Mike Tenay and Taz explain the tournament and how it came about and also that Taylor Wilde and Sarita have both advanced to the second round by virtue of their victories last week. They finish up the rundown and JB begins introducing the competitors, first Hamada and then ODB who gets a very good reaction from the crowd.

The two Knockouts match up against each other pretty equally in the early goings of this match. Neither has any real size advantage over the other and the wrestling advantage that Hamada has is negated by ODB’s wild offense. They continue the back and forth offense for quite a while with Hamada using her wrestling skills to take advantage and then ODB will hit some sort of wild move and she’ll be in control. Hamada will then counter whatever ODB has to offer and we’ll be back to square one. The more and more this goes on, you can tell ODB starts to get frustrated and as a result she gets even more wild and uncontrolled with her offense in an attempt to win the match. This however proves to be costly as the very smart Hamada spots the perfect opportunity to strike when ODB slips up. One mistake by ODB and it’s over. Hamada hits her finisher and covers ODB for the 1, 2, 3!

Winner: Hamada

Following the end of the match, Hamada gets her hand raised by the referee and then proceeds to leave the ring. The camera then cuts to the back.

Cutting to the back we see Jay Lethal and Consequences Creed dressed in street clothes walking towards their locker room. Right when they open the door to their locker room, they are greeted by an odd site. Pictures of Lethal Consequences are all over the wall but the image of Consequences Creed is cut out of all of them. Right in the middle of all these pictures is a large picture of Jay Lethal when he first won the X Division Championship and right below it written in big bold letters are the words, “Just think about it.” Consequences Creed seems to be very confused by all of this but the look on Jay Lethal’s face seems to indicate that he knows exactly who did it.

Cutting away from Lethal Consequences, the Impact cameras catch a brief glimpse of “The Pope” D’Angelo Dinero walking towards the ring area. Mike Tenay and Taz mention Pope’s submission challenge to the TNA locker room and that the match is up next.

*Commercial*

Match #3: D’Angelo Dinero vs. ??? – Submission Match

Coming back from commercial, it is now time for D’Angelo Dinero’s submission challenge to the TNA locker room. Since he made Bobby Lashley tap at Genesis, he know believes he is a submission expert and will prove it by making any member of the TNA locker room submit. Pope’s music begins to play and he makes his way out of the entrance tunnel with a microphone in hand.

D’Angelo Dinero: Since there was some doubt over my impressive victory against Bobby Lashley at Genesis, I thought I’d prove to everyone that it was no joke by challenging any member of the TNA locker room to a submission match. Now, what TNA superstar dare challenge me?

After a short few second pause, Gore Gore Gore is heard and the mystery over who will accept Pope’s challenge is revealed, it’s Rhino! Pope is shocked at seeing Rhino, expecting it would be someone else. Rhino then comes charging at Pope and the match officially begins.

Rhino immediately tackles Pope and begins pounding on him. Pope can do nothing but crawl into a little ball and try and protect himself from an angry Rhino. It seems that Rhino knows exactly what to do to win the match. Rhino tosses Pope all over the ring in an attempt to wear him down enough to get the submission victory. Again all Pope is able to do is a few small punches and such to slow Rhino down but it appears nothing Pope does is able to stop him. However Rhino, who has not been known as a submission wrestler, struggles locking in the submission holds he tries to use to defeat Pope. This allows Pope to begin hatching a plan. As Rhino tries to put Pope away, eventually the action spills out onto the outside of the ring. In the midst of all the action, Rhino runs into the referee which knocks the referee out. This was just what Pope was waiting for. With the referee out and Rhino distracted, Pope reaches down under the ring and pulls out a 2 x 4 and hits Rhino over the head with it. Rhino is now down but he is not out. Pope then takes the 2 x 4 and begins hitting Rhino’s left arm and shoulder with it. Once the 2 x 4 breaks, Pope feels he has done enough damage and rolls Rhino back into the ring. Right before the referee wakes up, Pope gets Rhino’s left arm in an arm bar and as a result of the assault earlier Rhino has no choice but to begin to tap out. The referee then wakes up, sees Rhino tapping out and calls for the bell.

Winner: D’Angelo Dinero

The crowd starts booing Pope heavily but Pope doesn’t care, he’s done exactly what he said was going to do, make a member of the TNA locker room tap out. As Pope is taunting the crowd, suddenly Bobby Lashley comes jumping over the guard rail and into the ring. Lucky for Pope, he sees it in time and is able to get out of the ring before Bobby can get to him. Bobby, who is still favoring his shoulder, calls for a microphone.

Bobby Lashley: So you fancy yourself a submission specialist now Pope? Well why don’t you put your money where your mouth is. You against me, in a submission match at Against All Odds. What do you say?

Pope takes a moment to think about it and then responds by mouthing “You’re on” back to Bobby. The two continue staring each other down as the camera cuts to the back.

The Impact cameras cut to the locker room of the Beautiful People where Angelina Love and Velvet Sky are apparently discussing something.

Velvet Sky: What are we going to do?

Angelina Love: Just calm down ok, I need time to think here.

Velvet Sky: Time to think? We lost out last week on any sort of hope of winning back the Knockouts Championship and you want to sit here and do nothing? We can’t afford to do nothing, we need to act.

Angelina Love: And do what? What exactly do you propose we do?

Velvet Sky: I don’t know but we need to do something. This is our show!

Madison Rayne then comes barging in.

Madison Rayne: What the hell guys? How come I was left out of the tournament?

Velvet Sky: Madison not right now!

Madison Rayne: Why not? At least I would have won my match!

Velvet Sky then gets right into Madison’s face and the two act like they’re about to start fighting each other but before they can Angelina Love breaks it up.

Angelina Love: This is not the time for us to be fighting. We need to be united otherwise we may lose our jobs. Now do you want that to happen? I didn’t think so. Now let’s all go take a walk and try to think this through ok?

The three members of the Beautiful People then walk out the door as the camera cuts to commercial.

*Commercial*

Coming back from commercial, Impact cuts to the backstage area where Bobby Lashley is walking to his car when he is stopped by his wife Kristal.

Kristal Lashley: Bobby what the hell are you doing? You know your shoulder is not 100% so how in the world do you think you’re going to be able to compete in a match against Pope, a submission match too.

Bobby Lashley: Baby I’m fine ok, trust me. I know what I’m doing.

Kristal Lashley: I do trust you it’s just I don’t want you getting hurt.

Bobby Lashley: I won’t ok, I’ll embarrass Pope and then we won’t have to deal with his crap ever again. Now, how about we grab something to eat?

The Lashleys then climb into Bobby’s car and speed off.

Impact then cuts to a small video package highlighting the career of Jeff Hardy. Jeff gives his thoughts on first starting out, becoming a legendary tag team with his brother Matt, his first run in TNA, and now that he’s back in TNA, his thoughts on his upcoming world title match against A.J. Styles. In the video Jeff says that the match should no doubt be an all-time great, that A.J. is one of his favorite opponents but he is going to be the one walking out of Against All Odds the TNA World Champion. The video then finishes up and the camera cuts to the ring area.

Match #4: Alissa Flash vs. Daffney - TNA Knockouts Championship Tournament Round One Match

Cutting away from the Jeff Hardy video, it is now time for the fourth match of the night and the last match of the first round in the TNA Knockouts Championship Tournament between Alissa Flash and Daffney. Alissa Flash is the first Knockout to the ring, followed by “Zombie Hot” Daffney who gets a pretty decent reaction from the crowd.

Unlike the earlier match where Hamada and ODB were pretty evenly matched, in this match the Knockouts couldn’t be farther apart in style. Alissa Flash, the more traditional wrestler against Daffney and her wild hardcore offense. In the beginning it appears that Alissa is having some trouble understanding how to go about attacking Daffney since Daffney is such a wild character. As a result of this Daffney slowly but surely starts gaining the upper hand. Daffney continues building momentum until Alissa decides to change strategies. Realizing she’s never going to be able to defeat her in a conventional way, she decides to start using her power. Alissa begins unloading on Daffney which quickly overwhelms her. The advantage that Daffney had is now gone, its Alissa Flash’s match from now on. Alissa drags the match on a little longer but eventually she grows tired of toying with Daffney so she decides to put her away. She gets her in position and boom, hits her finisher. Alissa then covers Daffney for the 1, 2, 3!

Winner: Alissa Flash

The crowd has mixed feelings about the outcome but Alissa doesn’t care. She gets her hand raised by the referee and the proceeds to head towards the back as the camera cuts to commercial.

*Commercial*

Match #5: A.J. Styles & Jeff Hardy vs. Kevin Nash & Kurt Angle

Coming back from commercial, it is now time for the main event of the evening, a tag team match featuring the team of the TNA World Heavyweight Champion A.J. Styles, his Against All Odds opponent Jeff Hardy and the team of Kurt Angle and Kevin Nash. Nash and Angle are the first team out to the ring, coming down the ramp together to Kurt Angle’s music. Next out is Jeff Hardy, coming alone followed by A.J. Styles.

Jeff Hardy begins the match in the ring for his team and Kurt Angle begins the match in the ring for his team. The two square off in the middle of the ring with Angle gaining the upper hand early on. Angle knows that he may have to do all the work in this match since the much slower Kevin Nash would have a hard time against the quicker Styles and Hardy. Angle keeps Hardy grounded and away from his corner. Angle has the advantage for a little while longer before Hardy starts powering out. As usual Hardy has the crowd firmly behind him and he uses it to his advantage. Now back to a vertical base, Hardy begins unloading on Angle. After a few successful strikes he gets Angle down on the ring apron. Instead of following it up, he chooses instead to tag in a fresher A.J. Styles. A.J. picks up right where Hardy left off, keeping Angle down on the ring apron. Fearing Angle may soon counter out, A.J. gets back to his feet and takes Angle with him. Now vertical, A.J. continues his offense. A.J. has the momentum on his side until out of nowhere a drop kick by Angle puts an end to that. Not wanting to tag in Nash but knowing he needs the rest, he reluctantly tags him in. Nash comes in the match and for the time being does pretty well. But it was only a matter of time before A.J. starts picking up the pace. Angle’s fears are realized when A.J. tags Jeff back in. Jeff wears Nash down to the point where it looks like he has the match won. Just as Jeff is about to hit the Twist of Fate, Kurt jumps in and breaks it up. The referee tries to get Kurt to return to this corner but Kurt tags himself in and stays in the match. This was not a smart idea. The momentum Jeff had earlier now carries over to Kurt. Jeff gets Kurt in position for the Twist of Fate but instead he tags in A.J. Not wanting to waste any time, A.J. gets Kurt in position for the Styles Clash and hits it. He then rolls Kurt over and quickly pins him for the 1, 2, 3!

Winners: A.J. Styles & Jeff Hardy

Following the match, A.J. and Hardy stand in the middle of the ring with both their hands raised as the crowd goes crazy. Just as the two are about to head for the locker room, they are attacked from behind by both Kurt Angle and Kevin Nash. Angle and Nash start beating on Styles and Hardy but before they can cause any serious damage they are interrupted by the music of Matt Morgan. Both Matt and Samoa Joe come running down the ramp as both Nash and Angle quickly scurry out. Impact fades to black with a shot of Styles, Hardy, Matt Morgan and Samoa Joe all standing victorious in the ring as Kevin Nash and Kurt Angle cower away.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Good show again Corpy. I like your layout, is clear and easy to follow.

Like the idea of the Knockouts tournament.

Daniels Winning the X-Division title was great.

Kaz winning was unexpected.

Good main event and the after match staredown sets up Against All Odds well.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts