Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
TNA has cancelled two events today. The first event cancelled is a house show and one Impact Taping likely to poor ticket sales. First, TNA has confirmed that the November 1 2013 house show in Battle Creek Michigan is cancelled.

Next is a cancellation with much bigger implications. TNA has cancelled the Impact Wrestling tapings in Chattanooga, Tennessee at the McKenzie Arena. The show was scheduled for December 5 2013.

So far there has been no word on what or where those tapings will be held or what TNA plans to fill those two weeks worth of Impact broadcasts or whether this is an indication that TNA plans to hold Impact Wrestling tapings in a permanent venue much sooner than expected.

Trouble with another taping:

Several readers sent word that tickets were quietly taken off-sale for the 11/21 Impact taping in Baltimore, Maryland at the Baltimore Arena.
The event is still listed on Ticketmaster, but tickets are no longer available to be ordered.

One reader noted that he called the box office and was asked to call back next week. PWInsider.com is attempting to find out if there are any issues with the taping.

Tickets went on sale for the taping on 9/27. Source: PWInsider
And a update on the whole thing:

Here is the deal with the upcoming tapings. The decision was made to pull the plug on the 12/5 taping in Chattanooga, TN. The taping will be moved to another market, although why that decision was made and where that market will be we haven't confirmed yet.

The 12/21 Baltimore taping was described to me as "in flux." Tickets were taken off sale while a final determination is being made on the taping. PWInsider

·
Fear Me!
3,444 Posts
Not a good sign at all.

My guess is they start taping Impact from a permanant location much sooner than expected.

·
Banned
8,267 Posts
inb4 TNA dying

inb4 everyone [email protected]'s

inb4 TNA haters using this as another example that everyone they have an agenda against is killing the company

inb4 same old 10 page thread about how TNA sucks

Seen it alllll before.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
doesn't seem like a big deal to cancel a house show. but it seems like a WTF to cancel a TV taping location. how long do they usually advertise/promote in a certain area to sell tickets? is there enough time for them to come up with another location on the road? maybe they could use the same location as the weeks before show's tapings, and do the one live show and taped show the same night, and then the next night in the same arena they tape 2 shows back to back for December.

·
Banned
8,267 Posts
doesn't seem like a big deal to cancel a house show. but it seems like a WTF to cancel a TV taping location. how long do they usually advertise/promote in a certain area to sell tickets? is there enough time for them to come up with another location on the road? maybe they could use the same location as the weeks before show's tapings, and do the one live show and taped show the same night, and then the next night in the same arena they tape 2 shows back to back for December.
They'll definitely have time to re schedule a TV Taping and sell tickets for it. It's still 6 weeks away you'd have to think the number would be much less though then what they normally pull.

I'd be willing to bet that they've cancelled this taping because they've found a new permanent studio location though. I guess we'll see if they cancel the rest of their December TV Tapings.

·
Comin' at you like a double-fisted kangaroo
21,054 Posts
inb4 TNA dying

inb4 TNA haters using this as another example that everyone they have an agenda against is killing the company

Seen it alllll before.
inb4 whiteknights rally to the rescue.

It's not good that they cancelled a tv taping, but maybe they're going to add more matches to several others to put together a show, do a couple of best-ofs or Spike may have something planned for one of those nights. If they need to tape they'd have to find somewhere fast since the next scheduled event isn't until Dec. 27.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
they've probably found just 1 location for December. they usually tape multiple shows around the same time in December for the holidays. one year recently I think it was all of December were taped shows. then they give the talent all that time off for the holidays.

·
Comin' at you like a double-fisted kangaroo
21,054 Posts
But then they had the Impact Zone so they could do back-to-back nights of tapings. I can't imagine they could pull that off touring anywhere right now. They may only need one night if the week before and day after Christmas Spike is doing a marathon of something or they're doing best of the year things but that still leaves two weeks in Dec.

·
Banned
8,267 Posts
inb4 whiteknights rally to the rescue.

It's not good that they cancelled a tv taping, but maybe they're going to add more matches to several others to put together a show, do a couple of best-ofs or Spike may have something planned for one of those nights. If they need to tape they'd have to find somewhere fast since the next scheduled event isn't until Dec. 27.
Not to get off topic but I don't think you know what a white knight is.

Here's the definition:

White Knight
According to the MISC on the BodyBuilding website: A white knight is defined as a male that treats woman as goddesses and does nothing but shower then in compliments on how wonderful and beautiful and special they are. Maybe be used as a noun or a verb.

Soooo...Yeah. Doesn't really fit here.

I do agree with your second part of your post though. Maybe Spike is planning something, maybe there were arena issues. I don't think TNA has cancelled this because of financial issues or anything like that though considering they are trying to re sign Hulk Hogan.

·
my socks are wet
2,971 Posts
I live near Mt. Pleasant, Michigan, where TNA is doing a live event and they are advertising it like The Rock is going to make an appearance or some shit. They are advertising it like it's Wrestlemania. It's insane. I can't listen to the radio or watch television for 15 minutes on local channels here and not hear about it. It makes me not want to go.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
THAT No. 2 PROMOTION IN THE WORLD!

inb4 TNA dying

Seen it alllll before.
inb4 you defending EVERYTHING about Total Nonstop Action.

·
Registered
292 Posts

·
Banned
8,267 Posts
THAT No. 2 PROMOTION IN THE WORLD!

inb4 you defending EVERYTHING about Total Nonstop Action.
Lol, you seem to know a lot about me. Makes me feel kind of silly not knowing who you are.

Regardless, I don't defend TNA on everything they do. As a matter of fact I've been kind of down on them lately on this board.

And there we go, basically confirmed as an arena issue not a TNA issue.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts