Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1539 Posts

·
Mamba Mentality
26,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
impactwrestling.com said:
The miles traveled, the battles fought, the challenges met and the lives changed … all of them lead here. TNA Wrestling is heading to San Diego for the very first time with its marquee Pay-Per-View event of 2013 BOUND FOR GLORY, live from Viejas Arena on the campus of San Diego State University Sunday, Oct. 20, at 8 p.m. ET/7 p.m. CT.

World Heavyweight Championship
"The Phenomenal" AJ Styles vs. Bully Ray (c)

Magnus vs. "The Icon" Sting

Kurt Angle vs. Bobby Roode

Ultimate X Match for the X Division Championship
Austin Aries vs. Manik (c) vs. Chris Sabin vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Samoa Joe

Tag Team Championship
James Storm and Gunner (c) vs. Preshow Match Winners

Knockouts Championship
ODB (c) vs. Gail Kim vs. Brooke

Preshow Gauntlet Match
(Winners earn a Tag Team Title Match @ B4G)

Christopher Daniels and Kazarian vs. Joseph Park and Eric Young vs. The BroMans vs. Chavo Guerrero and Hernandez

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
First post. Before Shep too. :parks

why is Gail Kim in a match?

·
Intoner
6,590 Posts
1)Cause she's da GOAT
2)To make this match better wrestling wise

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
1)Cause she's da GOAT
2)To make this match better wrestling wise
It's hilarious how I got the response I intended to laugh at.

but of course that's all feasible logic after not showing up for months.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
im gonna say this will be ppv of the year from either 2 companies this year.\

probably wont watch it til late at nite tho since i'll want to see:peytonreturn in indy

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
What a terribly hyped, promoted and booked PPV. For the first time ever, I have barely any interest in this one, and I'm not even sure about watching live. I have faith in Bully, AJ, Roode and Bad Influence to save us from painful mediocrity, but I'm not holding my breath.

·
Banned
5,212 Posts
What a terribly hyped, promoted and booked PPV. For the first time ever, I have barely any interest in this one, and I'm not even sure about watching live. I have faith in Bully, AJ, Roode and Bad Influence to save us from painful mediocrity, but I'm not holding my breath.
I agree. Very medicre buildup, totally undeserving of a BFG. They need to make their feuds more interesting and unique for big events like this, based on the buildup this feels like a throwaway B-PPV for the most part. The card on paper looks good and would look like a potentially great BFG if most stories had a 3-6 months background, but some of the matchups have only been decided a few weeks ago which is terrible planning by TNA. What's the point in having a PPV once every 3 months if they still end up doing frantic matchmaking just 2-3 weeks before the PPV stars like in your usual old monthly TNA PPVs.

·
Finally...
5,933 Posts
Build been shit but I'm still looking forward to the show. Main Event, Ultimate X, Angle/Roode and Magnus/Sting could and hopefully will be great :)

·
Lets go to the old mill anyway, get some cider!
15,626 Posts
My picks

AJ over Bully
Hardy wins the ux
Angle over Roode
Magnus over Sting
Gail over odb
Bad influence win the gauntlet
Bad influence over Gunstorm

·
Registered
527 Posts
The fact that they have had the best part of 12+ weeks to book and promote this card, its pretty lacklustre. The AJ/Bully build has been strange, they are competing in the main event for the title and have had only a handful of altercations to build this match. Roode Vs Angle got thrown in at the last minute on Impact. The Ultimate X match is going to be a solid spotfest but it's there to get people on the card who they haven't pushed in a proper feud. Another lazy attempt by TNA to be fair

·
Finally...
5,933 Posts
BFG could bring a lot of change in terms of current storyline direction. I think this year Bound For Glory is more of a Reboot for TNA then anything else. That's why the build for BFG has been so poor because of Eric Bischoff wanting to change what Prichard had but just didn't have enough time to build what he wanted so we got this lackluster card along with the releases and no insurance of who's going to be with the company for creative. I do think that this show could be great match wise, I'm looking forward to 4 matches. Those being the Main Event, Ultimate X, Sting/Magnus and Roode/Angle

I'm looking forward to Main Event, Ultimate X and Roode/Angle because the 3 could all be awesome especially the Ultimate X match. I'm looking forward to Sting/Magnus because of the meaning of the match. Magnus winning is a pretty big statement which pretty much says "Magnus is a Main Event guy" he beat Sting One on One. I rather Magnus not turn heel but I could see it happening.

As for the other 2 matches, I couldn't really care about the Knockouts match but I do hope that Bad Influence win the preshow match and go on to beat Storm & Gunner for the Tag Titles :)

Anyway I'm looking forward to BFG even with the poor build I still thing it could be an awesome show!

·
Premium Member
44,195 Posts
This will be the 8th BFG and I can honestly say that this is by far the least interesting. It just feels like they threw random crap together.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
My body is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ready for this. Haven't looked forward to a TNA ppv in like...forever.

Dixie THY GOAT will probably steal the show. :avit:

1 - 20 of 1539 Posts