Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

· Registered
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Source: NoDQ.com

According to the latest issue of Figure Four Weekly, the average number of buys per TNA Wrestling PPV event is approximately 17,000 in North America. The average TNA Wrestling PPV event garnered approximately 26,500 North American buys in 2007, according to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter. - When you have 1.5 million weekly viewers and only that many PAY for the PPV that's bad. Brutal.

i wonder how many will come and claim that these numbers aren't relevant because TNA is a private company and they never reveal their actual numbers

· Registered
2,140 Posts
I'm surprised they're that high on an average basis if I'm honest.

· Registered
13,940 Posts
This is the average for the year, not just one or two. Wouldn't doubt a couple hit below 10,000 in 2010. Especially with main events like Sting vs. RVD & Pope vs. Anderson. I think that Hardcore Justice, as bad as it was might have been one of the higher ones for the year.

· Registered
2,593 Posts
TNA negotiated heavily with Paul Heyman, who was probably given some numbers concerning to the TNA business model. He is friends with the likes of Meltzer, so I wouldn't say they ain't true.

Without WM, the average domestic buys for WWE PPVs in 2010 was about 125,000. There are probably 6 million regular WWE viewers in North America, which means only 2 percent are willing to pay to view. TNA has 1.6 million regular viewers, so that means only 1 percent are willing to pay.

Seems roughly correct.

· Registered
2,140 Posts
The guy above is correct - TNA had a couple hit the 8,000 mark last year, but the average was skewed by Hardcore Justice and Bound For Glory which did well.

· Banned
9,553 Posts
This is the average for the year, not just one or two. Wouldn't doubt a couple hit below 10,000 in 2010. Especially with main events like Sting vs. RVD & Pope vs. Anderson. I think that Hardcore Justice, as bad as it was might have been one of the higher ones for the year.
Meltzer said Hardcore Justice did around 20,000

The guy above is correct - TNA had a couple hit the 8,000 mark last year, but the average was skewed by Hardcore Justice and Bound For Glory which did well.
Whats the rumored buyrate for BFG?

· Registered
2,064 Posts
If they only ran Lockdown, Slammiversary, & Bound For Glory then they would probably get 60,000 buys for each which is roughly the same as the 12 they ran on average. Seems like a far more efficient business model to me.

Could you imagine how hyped Lockdown could be if they werent having to come up with PPV main events for all the little PPVs? Jeff Hardy -vs- RVD for the title in a cage match where all grudges are settled. Fourtune vs Immortal. Jarrett vs Angle as their blowoff. Anderson vs Pope vs Joe. Give these feuds actual time and you have yourself one hell of a PPV.

· Registered
9,932 Posts
Even if TNA could promote, nobody's paying $35 for a wrestling PPV, especially from TNA.

Wrestling companies need to realize that wrestling isn't a hot commodity anymore and start making PPV's more affordable and convenient to consumers. I mean who the fuck is paying $55 for an HD PPV from WWE? You know what I could do with $55?

If they don't do that, then buyrates will continue to drop for both companies.

Reactions: TripleG

· Banned
6,914 Posts
Most of TNA's fans are smarks though which would usually mean that people are more likely to watch it on illegal internet stream rather than actually paying a stupid amount of money so that is a possible reason why the buyrates are so bad.

Also their product sucks.

· Registered
2,593 Posts
How much are TNA PPV's anyway?

17,000 cannot be turning a profit. Ofcourse there is the theory DVD sales could make them profitable. But Best Buy cut TNA DVDs down to 15 releases due to poor sales. Do the PPV companies dictate they have to produce at least one every month?

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.