Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been extremely out of tune with wrestling since about 02-03. But it's made research real fun when your finding out how much you missed. So the other day I caught one match on TNA, it was a womans match but it was still decent and might I add it was sexy. I reminded me much of when I was young watching WWF. How is the rest of the show though? Anything hardcore? I think I read about chair shots to the head not being allowed and no more blading?

·
HEADBANGA
23,492 Posts
TNA is decent to watch if you want something different from the WWE. The only piece of advice I could give you if to avoid anything to do with Austin Aries. He's god awful.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Aries, Bully Ray, Styles, Joe & Magnus, Storm, Roode, The MCMG, Daniels, Kazarian, etc. Plenty of great wrestlers, but the booking and presentation are extremely on and off these days. There's no buzz or energy.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
If you decide to give TNA a chance you might enjoy the product... or just do what most wrestling fans do, read spoilers and bitch about it.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Aries, Bully Ray, Styles, Joe & Magnus, Storm, Roode, The MCMG, Daniels, Kazarian, etc. Plenty of great wrestlers, but the booking and presentation are extremely on and off these days. There's no buzz or energy.
That sums it up for me. Still far better than WWE though.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Its a real wrestling show, no Z list celebrities, no stooges and no muppets and most of all its not pg although that may change.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Even the most negative person would call the current product bad at the very least.
No they wouldn't, people like you would.

Its not 'great' by any means, but its much better than this time last year, and from November to about March was very good.

Rizzo, you would bitch no matter how good the product is.

Give me Impact over 90% of Raw and all of Smackdown anyday of the week.

Where are the people who shit on Impact saying the same about Smackdown? Because Smackdown is a seriously bad show, far worse than anything TNA put out, yet it gets let off very lightly.

Wonder why?

·
Banned
966 Posts
No they wouldn't, people like you would.

Its not 'great' by any means, but its much better than this time last year, and from November to about March was very good.

Rizzo, you would bitch no matter how good the product is.

Give me Impact over 90% of Raw and all of Smackdown anyday of the week.

Where are the people who shit on Impact saying the same about Smackdown? Because Smackdown is a seriously bad show, far worse than anything TNA put out, yet it gets let off very lightly.

Wonder why?
Obviously I meant wouldnt instead of would in the other post. Nice pointless rant tho. :cool2

Persecution complex much?

·
Registered
603 Posts
I would say give it a try. TNA is a bit different than the WWE, most of the time the wrestling action is better imo because the matches are faster paced.
Women's wrestling in TNA is better, tag team wrestling is more important and the X division is a guarantee for good ring action.
I like the product, not just because it's different than the WWE's. Over the years TNA has been getting under my skin and even though 2010-2011 were pretty horrible, 2012 looks good so far.

·
Registered
253 Posts
TNA was notoriously streaky in the past. They would go from having 3, 4 good shows in a row and then having 3, 4 bad shows in a row. It's found some consistency over the last 6 months the product is a bit slow. And there aren't any OMG!!!!!!! moments but it's a good way to kill time and watch some good wrestling.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts