Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished watching the invasion angle and the match at suvivor series in 2001 and it got me thinking .

the wcw/ecw v wwe match showed off some of the best talents in the business at that time and was wondering who would feature in a suvivor series elimination match between tna and wwe if an invasion was to happen now and what would the storylines be associated with it ?

Lets hear your thoughts .

i think it would go like this ........

Team wwe : John Cena # Randy Orton # Cm Punk # Sheamus # Rey

Team tna : Kurt Angle # aj # RVD # mATT MORGAN # Pope

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,036 Posts
The Invision Angle was done very badly OP, it did not have the stars that actually made WCW and was just basically a burial of WCW and ECW.

As for WWE Vs TNA, i'd rather go with the young stars then older ones so mine would be
WWE- John Cena, Randy Orton, CM Punk, Sheamus and Wade Barret
TNA- Aj Styles, Mr Anderson, The Pope, Matt Morgan and Samoa Joe

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Team WWE - HHH, Undertaker, Jericho, Cena & Orton

Team TNA - AJ, Hardy, Joe, Jarrett, Morgan

Tbf if it is 5 vs 5 then realistically WWE should be booked to win just by size and power.

·
4X Efed World Champion
676 Posts
Team WWE- Undertaker, HHH, Cena, Barret, & Orton

Team TNA- Sting, Angle, AJ Styles, Samoa Joe & Jeff Jarrett

Doing this would give me my dream match of 'Taker & Sting. :)

·
Banned
3,146 Posts
Team tna : Kurt Angle # aj # RVD # mATT MORGAN # Pope

So...4/5 of the TNA team are ex-WWE stars? Yeah, that would be giving us matches we haven't seen before.

Oh, wait...nearly all of TNA's main eventers came from WWE because they don't know how to push their own talent.

and i cant remember seeing a thread like this in recent memory , maybe im wrong .
http://www.wrestlingforum.com/general-wwe/529854-wwe-v-s-tna-ppv-event.html

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
WWE would mainly book it as some of their old stars revolting, and the SS match would look like this

Team WWE: John Cena, HHH, Undertaker, Randy Orton, Chris Jericho

Team TNA: Kurt Angle, Jeff Hardy, Mr Kennedy, Rob Van Dam, Hulk Hogan

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Ric Flair would lead TNA. He’d also provide commentary on the match, cut the promos, and try to pick up a diva or two. He’s on fire.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,036 Posts
So...4/5 of the TNA team are ex-WWE stars? Yeah, that would be giving us matches we haven't seen before.

Oh, wait...nearly all of TNA's main eventers came from WWE because they don't know how to push their own talent.

http://www.wrestlingforum.com/general-wwe/529854-wwe-v-s-tna-ppv-event.html
It's not TNA's fault that a lot of it's mainevent talent came from WWE and WCW, it's just the way it is. It's common logic that if you have big star from a rival product coming over, then you push him, cause of name value and all. Kurt Angle and Jeff Hardy being an example of this. But still it's argumable really about whether TNA made stars, Aj Styles, Samoa Joe, Abyss, Beer Money and MCMG were made in TNA. The Pope was in WWE but he never became a big star, however in TNA he's really becoming a star. Matt Morgan as well. As for talents in TNA that will be stars in the future Jay Lethal, Generation Me and Kaz are all on their way too.

·
The human torch was denied a bank loan.
7,576 Posts
Problem is, TNA isn't nearly as big as WCW was or even ECW, so a TNA invasion would need a loooot of hyping. Considering TNA's history their team would probably need to be Angle, Joe, Styles, Sting and Jarrett.

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
Team WWE-
CM Punk, John Cena, Triple H, Sheamus, Undertaker.

Team TNA-
Samoa Joe, Kurt Angle, Abyss, AJ Styles, Matt Morgan.
I want Kane to fight Abyss. Maybe Kane and Mick Foley vs Abyss for gimmick infringement.

Also Vince will book himself to have sex with Dixie Carter.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Team WWE - The Undertaker, Triple H, Kane, Randy Orton, and Chris Jericho.

Team TNA - Sting, Abyss, Robert Roode, AJ Styles, and Samoa Joe.

I think these is perfect because not one of Team WWE have ever been affiliated with TNA and have been apart of the WWE for a long time. Same goes for Team TNA!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts