Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

TNA 2012: Post Lockdown

TNA has just showcased their second biggest PPV of the year; headlined by what many believe should have been one of the greatest milestone matches in TNA history. You would think having their own two home grown stars, and most over characters on the roster, in a heated match for the World Heavyweight championship could score nothing but a home run for the company. However, this was far from the case. Statistics show that Lockdown drew a measly 10,000 buys, and struggled to make a 2,000 head attendance considering the show was also aired in the company’s most loyal city, Nashville Tennessee.

Ratings didn’t do the company any justice either, averaging a 1.1-1.2rating which had been the case for the past 3 years. It was clear changes needed to be made, and fast. Hours after the Lockdown PPV Dixie Carter did the unthinkable and publicised her concerns for the company via a tweet saying “we’ve really been trying, but I guess experience just doesn’t add up in the numbers” clearly referring to the recent hiring of Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff who were supposedly expected to shake up the ratings. Just hours after Lockdown they were removed from the TNA roster page. Hogan, speaking on behalf of himself and Bischoff had the following to say to Wrestling Insider.com, “Yes, it’s true we’ve been terminated of our contracts. Truth be told it’s going to take a miracle to turn that s***hole around.”

And just 3 days later a miracle did indeed happen. Yes, this miracle headlined all wrestling news sources, and of course the TNA front page, with the headline that Paul Heyman, yes you did read that right, Paul Heyman, had signed a lucrative 1 year deal with TNA will full creative control on the direction of the company. It’s obvious from such a grand contract, Dixie had high hopes in putting her faith in Heyman, and she wasn’t the only one, the cult following of the wrestling scientist, and other fans alike expected nothing but the best from what they perceive to be the long awaited saviour for TNA.

So in just 4 days it seemed the company has taken a complete 180 degree turn. And so here we are, it’s the first Impact show after TNAs second biggest PPV, Lockdown. So buckle up and enjoy the ride, as a new era of TNA beckons before you. This is TNA 2012.

Roster
Abyss
AJ Styles
Alex Shelley
Amazing Red
Anarchia
Angelina Love
Austin Aries
Bobby Roode
James Storm
Bully Ray
Charlie Haas
Chris Sabin
Christopher Daniels
Crimson
D’Angelo Dinero
Eric Young
Gail Kim
Gunner
Hernandez
Jay Lethal w/Ric Flair
Jeff Hardy
Jeremy Buck
Jesse Sorenson
Kazarian
Kid Kash
Kurt Angle
Madison Rayne
Magnus
Matt Hardy
Max Buck
Mr. Anderson
Raven
Rob Van Dam
Rosita
Samoa Joe
Sarita
Savage (CAW)
Scott Steiner
Senshi
Shannon Moore
Shelton Benjamin
Sonjay Dutt
Tajiri
Velvet Sky
Winter
Zema Ion

Tag Teams
Joe & Magnus – Samoa Joe and Brutus Magnus
Motor City Machine Guns – Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin
Young Buck – Jeremy Buck and Max Buck
Haas & Benjamin – Charlie Haas and Shelton Benjamin

Factions
Mexican America – Hernandez, Anarchia, Rosita and Sarita
Raven’s Flock – Raven, Gunner, Kazarian and Winter

Main Staff
Owner: Dixie Carter
On screen General Manager: Paul Heyman
Writers: Paul Heyman, Vince Russo, Raven and Jeff Jarrett
Head of Talent relations: Raven and Tommy Dreamer
Commentators: Mike Tenay & Desmond Wolfe & Don West
Post-match ringside interviewer: Christy Hemme
Backstage interviewer: Jeremy Borasch & So Cal Val​

**Roster subjected to change at anytime**
**Dispositions such as heel/face will be revealed once the shows are posted (you'll get an idea of who's who). However, they are mostly the same as they were from Lockdown.**

OOC/FAQ:
I know there’ll be a lot of questions so I’ll deal with them in this section.
-I’ve tried to keep this reasonably realistic, but if something isn’t, then remember this is entirely fictional. If it wasn’t, then it wouldn’t be a BTB.
-The results for Lockdown were the same as in real life, and so all the champions are the same at this point than they were in real life. However, not all the feuds may be continuous.
-If your concerned about Vince Russo being in the writing staff, and unbelievable for him to be working along with Heyman. Remember this is fiction, so in a perfect BTB world they co-exist. Russo writes the storylines. Raven and Jarrett are involved in booking, and Heyman is the McMahon type figure who puts his own input into everything before making it official.
-I have noticeably got rid of some talent from the actual roster at this time. This is because I don’t believe they can benefit the product or I have nothing written out for them. I’ve also brought in some new talent, for the similar reason that they’ll benefit the product.
-TNA has got rid of the Impact Wrestling bullcrap, and gone back to calling it’s weekly show TNA Impact.
-The 6 six sided ring is back
-TNA isn’t ‘blue’ or ‘red’ themed anymore, if anything, it’s more like retro WCW, with the black ring ropes. And they have reverted back to the original TNA and Impact logo.
-If you have any other questions, ask. All feedback is appreciated.

·
STILL learning kayfabe
413 Posts
Alot of things about this has caught my attention. I read most of the backstory then scrolled down to the OOC/FAQs and I have to say, Heyman as full-creative control puts alot on his hands. Another things, (which may be minor or major) would have to be you have a "CAW" Savage, I don't know where you are going with that but I don't know where you are going with the btb. :p Anyways, the roster is good, and I see you are going back to TNA IMPACT! I am looking forward to the show and may review it.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Paul Heyman running TNA Impact? Oh my! I'll mark out if they get ahold of bork somehow. What the heck I'll read either way.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

19/04/12 Impact Preview
- Paul Heyman makes his TNA debut, what does he have to say?
- What does TNA World Heavyweight Bobby Roode have to say just nights over his epic victory over James Storm?
- In a re-match of sorts from Lockdown, Mr. Anderson & AJ Styles & Kurt Angle will face Gunner & Kazarian & Jeff Hardy!
- Jay Lethal vs. Scott Steiner
- X-Division champion Austin Aries vs. Jesse Sorenson
- Velvet Sky vs. Winter vs. Madison Rayne vs. Angelina Love (No.1 Contenders match for the Knockouts title)
- And much more, do not miss out!

OOC:
Thanks for the feedback. To answer your concerns dustinhart, Paul Heyman was actually close to signing that sort of deal with TNA. He said he'd only work with TNA if he had full control of the direction of the company, so that's what I'm doing here. And Savage is my made up character, you'll find out more about him when he debuts.
That's a short preview for my show, feel free to PM me any predictions!

·
Registered
665 Posts
I will admit that I'm a little surprised to see Impact revert back to old ways with the six sided ring and the original TNA and Impact logos coming back. It seems like a bigger waste of money on Dixie Carter's behalf and step in the wrong direction. I can see there being a lot of hype for the debut of Paul Heyman, and the roster looks pretty good. No Sting, but you still have Ric Flair? that's kinda weird though. I wish you look as this is definitely a different direction for TNA.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Paul Heyman running TNA is an idea that I'm surprised more people haven't done BTBs on. It should be interesting. I've always liked TNA BTBs, having done two myself in the past so I will definitely try and follow this one as best I can. Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts