Wrestling Forum banner

Which product was better

TNA - 2009 vs 2011

2327 Views 23 Replies 24 Participants Last post by  brian8448
The product is still decent and all but thinking about to years past I believe TNA hit its peak in 2009, with a good combination of entertainment and in-ring wrestling.

The only thing TNA has improved on the past two years is the higher production quality. While everything else is worse, lost a lot their own identity and uniqueness.

Which TNA product do you prefer the 2009 pre-Hogan or 2011 current.
Reactions: androinv3
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
1,099 Posts
2009 was a terrible year for the company. I have not liked a single full year of the company since 2006. With that said, the last three months of 2009 trumps 2011 by a large margin.
I agree with this too except for the fact that 2008 and 2009 I only watched TNA, i'm going with 2009

· Registered
9,884 Posts
People were complaining about the product in 2009 just as much as 2011.

But after Victory Road 2009, TNA did put on the best television they had since 2006. Nobody's a big fan of Russo, but you have to give him credit for that 5 month run.

· Banned
2,174 Posts
09 was shit but at lest their last two ppvs main events hit the mark in what we've been trying to tell these tv promotions FOR F***ING YEARS!!

TNA nowadays however can suck a **** for all i care

· Registered
418 Posts
There was a moment in late-2009 that you could say that they found something in their product that they could build on for years to come (short term loss, long term gains). Nowadays, they have a product they feel they can build on, but it's completely different from what they were going for in 2009.

Since this is my opinion, I liked what they were going for at late-2009, rather than 2011.

· Registered
4,029 Posts
It's only March...

· Banned
10,013 Posts
Last two ppvs of 2009 were amazing.

Wolfe vs Angle, Wolfe vs Angle 2, Daniels vs Joe vs AJ Styles, AJ Styles vs Christopher Daniels.

Elite top tier matches right there.

· Oh My Goddess
5,093 Posts
I liked the product most from perhaps 07 to mid/late 09. My interest was waning in late 09 with Joe being booked as a sell out and then Lashley's bitch and the original BP no longer around. (Though I liked Desmond Wolfe a lot.)

I'm glad Love was bought back and enjoyed the tag feud between the Guns and Beer Money immensely. But nothing ever came of Wolfe, I haven't usually cared for the things that get the most time (Abyss early, Immortal later on) and overall TNA doesn't have the same must watch feel it had two or three years ago for me.

· Registered
751 Posts

· Registered
1,928 Posts
It's a tough call. I actually enjoyed a lot of 2009: the MEM, Samoa Joe's heel turn, AJ Styles' push, the buildup to Bound for Glory was fantastic, and the last couple of months were pure work-rate, but 2011 has been a good combination of work-rate and entertainment. I will admit that the show is overall more entertaining in 2011, and I think that this is the first time they've been on track since Hogan and Bischoff have been running the show. The Jarrett/Angle storyline is a lot of fun, the main event scene is great, and we've gotten real feuds in the Dudley/Dudley feud, but the KO and x division are dead, and the only homegrown maineventers are Fortune (barely). By a nose, I'm going to say 2011.

Reactions: Chismo

· Registered
4,017 Posts
2009 after victory road went up and up, it was awesome to see considering the garbage other promotions were doing
2010 took everything that made the other companies horrible and applied them to tna... it was horrible
2011 they're having ups and downs... i hope they balance it down the road...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.