Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Given that we are a few months away from the 10 year anniversary of TNA, thought this could be interesting;

MVP
Worst Wrestler
Best Tag Team
Worst Tag Team
Best Knockout
Worst Knockout
Best On Air Authority
Worst On Air Authority
Best Feud
Worst Feud
Best Match
Worst Match
Biggest Waste of Potential
Most Overpushed

Feel free to add anymore

My Winners

MVP - AJ Styles

Worst Wrestler - Cody Deaner.

Best Tag Team - Beer Money

Worst Tag Team - The Band (the state of these guys was ridiculous, can't believe they had a title reign)

Best Knockout - Gail Kim

Worst Knockout - Lacey Von Erich

Best On Air Authority - Jim Cornette

Worst On Air Authority - Dixie

Best Feud/Storyline - Angle v Joe

Worst Feud/Storyline - Abyss with the Hall of Fame ring

Best Match - AJ v Daniels v Joe Unbreakable

Worst Match - Sharmell vs Jenna (didn't count Hardy/Sting Victory Road as a match)

Biggest Waste of Potential - Either Monty Brown or Desmond Wolfe

Most Overpushed - Jarrett, no way should have had the run he had

·
Registered
721 Posts
MVP is AJ Styles

Biggest surprise is Kurt Angle coming to TNA.

·
Banned
354 Posts
MVP: AJ Styles
Worst Wrestler: Ric Flair, when he tried
Best Tag Team: BEER! MONEY!
Worst Tag Team: The Nasty Boys
Best Knockout: Gail Kim
Worst Knockout: Madison Rayne
Best On Air Authority: Sting
Worst On Air Authority: Eric B******f
Best Feud: Angle/Joe
Worst Feud: Anything with the M.E.M.
Best Match: AJ/Daniels/Joe @ Unbreakable
Worst Match: If Hardy/Sting doesn't count, then Jenna/Sharmell
Biggest Waste of Potential: HardCORE Justice 2010. No hardcore, just old, shit ECW wrestlers? WTF?
Most Overpushed: Garett Bischoff

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Given that we are a few months away from the 10 year anniversary of TNA, thought this could be interesting;

MVP
Worst Wrestler
Best Tag Team
Worst Tag Team
Best Knockout
Worst Knockout
Best On Air Authority
Worst On Air Authority
Best Feud
Worst Feud
Best Match
Worst Match
Biggest Waste of Potential
Most Overpushed

Feel free to add anymore

My Winners

MVP - AJ Styles

Worst Wrestler - Cody Deaner.

Best Tag Team - Beer Money

Worst Tag Team - The Band (the state of these guys was ridiculous, can't believe they had a title reign)

Best Knockout - Gail Kim

Worst Knockout - Lacey Von Erich

Best On Air Authority - Jim Cornette

Best Feud/Storyline - Angle v Joe

Worst Feud/Storyline - Abyss with the Hall of Fame ring

Best Match - AJ v Daniels v Joe Unbreakable

Worst Match - Sharmell vs Jenna (didn't count Hardy/Sting Victory Road as a match)

Biggest Waste of Potential - Either Monty Brown or Desmond Wolfe

Most Overpushed - Jarrett, no way should have had the run he had
I agree with most of your choices except Biggest Waste of Potential. Desmond's health history really got the better of him and Monty I never saw as a big star just too cartoonish.

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree with most of your choices except Biggest Waste of Potential. Desmond's health history really got the better of him and Monty I never saw as a big star just too cartoonish.
I agree in the end Desmond's health history got the better of him but he was wasted for the entire run before he was taken off TV before No Surrender. After his feud with Angle (which he should have won at least one of the PPV matches) he should have in my opinion gone straight into a feud with AJ over the belt and then had Fortune built around him. The guy came into the company so hot and unfortunately for him Hogan/Bishoff came in and he was lost in the shuffle when all the new guys came in. Even though he would have only been on top for about a year before his health situation became an issue, what a year it could have been!

I see where you are coming from with Monty being too cartoonish but I think the crowd was just so into him and he was so good on the mic he was a massive mistake not to push him to the moon

·
Registered
361 Posts
MVP - AJ Styles

Best Tag Team - LAX-Homicide and Hernandez

Best Knockout - Gail Kim

Best Feud/Storyline - AJ vs Christopher Daniels 2005

Best Match - AJ v Abyss Lockdown 2005

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
I agree in the end Desmond's health history got the better of him but he was wasted for the entire run before he was taken off TV before No Surrender. After his feud with Angle (which he should have won at least one of the PPV matches) he should have in my opinion gone straight into a feud with AJ over the belt and then had Fortune built around him. The guy came into the company so hot and unfortunately for him Hogan/Bishoff came in and he was lost in the shuffle when all the new guys came in. Even though he would have only been on top for about a year before his health situation became an issue, what a year it could have been!

I see where you are coming from with Monty being too cartoonish but I think the crowd was just so into him and he was so good on the mic he was a massive mistake not to push him to the moon
For the Desmond I was always under the impression his push got slowed down due to his health. Monty being over I think had a lot to do with being in an amusement park. He didn't seem as over in the Asylum.

·
Registered
11,869 Posts
MVP-Kurt Angle, everybody loves to pick AJ Styles but lets be real, Angle did more for TNA and actually had great matches to go with his other work. Look at their most successful events ever, Angle were main eventing. Angle also help with the brand name and tv contracts.

Worst Wrestler- Trytan, never had a chance. Honorable mentions to Petey Williams

Best Tag Team-American Most Wanted, no offense to Beer Money but American Most Wanted were a better unit and more of a dominant presence. They help keep tag team wrestling alive. There would not be a Beer Money without AMW.

Can you think of a great Beer Money match that did not involve MCMG?

Worst Tag Team-I don't know why is this an award but I guess Young and ODB

Best Knockout-Gail Kim

Worst Knockout- ODB

Best On Air Authority-Cornette

Worst On Air Authority- Dixie Carter

Best Feud- Angle vs. Joe, there's no competition

Worst Feud-Wow there are so many, 3lk vs. LAX comes to mind

Best Match- Styles vs. Joe Turning Point 2005

Worst Match-Sting vs. Hardy Victory Road 2011

Biggest Waste of Potential- Eric Young initial heel turn. It was going great, he was super serious reminded me of a loose cannon Brian Pillman but then they made him the leader of World Elite and killed that situation.

Most Overpushed- Petey Williams

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
MVP: Sting I really feel like he added legitimacy to TNA
Worst Wrestler: Cody Deaner
Best Tag Team Latin American Xchange
Worst Tag Team ODB and Eric Young
Best Knockout Velvet Sky I know in terms of ring work she leaves a lot to be desired but she has been there since the inception of the division.
Worst Knockout: ODB
Best On Air Authority Jim Cornette
Worst On Air Authority Dusty Rhodes
Best Feud AMW vs Triple X or Raven vs Jarrett
Worst Feud Frontline vs The Band
Best Match Joe vs Daniels vs AJ Styles
Worst Match Jenna vs Sharmell
Biggest Waste of Potential British InVasion
Most Overpushed Garrett Bishoff

·
Registered
990 Posts
Worst Wrestler: Too many to choose from
Best Tag Team: America's Most Wanted
Worst Tag Team: Nasty Boys
Best Knockout: Gail Kim
Worst Knockout: Lacey Von Erich
Worst On Air Authority: Jim Cornette
Best Feud: Bobby Roode Vs James Storm
Worst Feud: Jay Lethal Vs Sonjay Dutt
Best Match: AJ Styles Vs Samoa Joe - Turning Point 2005
Worst Match: Sharmell Vs Jenna Morasca
Biggest Waste of Potential: Mr Anderson - He's gone so far downhill ever since he won the title at Genesis '11. I genuinely thought he could have been one of the wrestlers of our generation. He is still high up the card nonetheless. I just think his character's been ruined.
Most Overpushed: Abyss

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts

I can't think of a man in TNA who has had more good matches and more high profile matches then AJ Styles. At one point he was the guy who guranteed that despite the booking and everything else going on at the time...he was going to deliver a good match. He is one of the reasons I started watching TNA. The guy is great and is definitely the MVP. There is NO ONE ELSE who can be considered.

Worst Wrestler: This one is hard as there have been a lot of people come and go over the years. I don't want to consider rookies or one night stands, but rather people who worked for a long ass time at TNA and was just beyond terrible. I wouldn't put Petey Williams or Konnan in a 'good' worker category, but they were tolerable to me. I would probably put Matt Bentley/Michael Shane in this catergory though at one time he was pretty entertaining.

Best Tag Team: Another hard choice. LAX, MCMG, Daniels/Styles. Just some of my favorites. Gun to my head though I would have to go with LAX of Homicide, Konnan, and Hernandez. Make no mistake about it: LAX could have been TNA's NWO. It felt fresh, the presentation was on point, the matches were good. Konnan and Homicide both as mouthpieces worked...it just WORKED! I like MCMG, BMI, TBI, London Brawlin, AWM, Daniels/Styles, but for me LAX takes the cake.

Worst Tag Team: I would have to say VKM. The promos were funny at times, but the whole thing ran its course pretty quickly. Add in the fact that both of those guys were going through the same song and dance they did a decade earlier and more often then not it was just sad.

Best Knockout: Awesome Kong. Definitely added a different demension to KO wrestling.

Worst Knockout: Rosie Lottalove

Worst On Air Authority: Traci Brooks.

Best Feud: So many to choose from. I will go with Steiner/Joe from 2006.

Worst Feud: VKM vs. VKM

Best Match: Another hard one to choose. EXTREMELY hard to choose. Can't do it. Best match of all time in TNA? I can think of 50 matches to watch and that I rate highly...but can't think of THE BEST MATCH.

Worst Match: Sharmell vs. Jenna at Victory Road

Biggest Waste of Potential: This is tricky. Are we talking about from the office's end or the wrestler's? If we are talking about the office the list is LONG: CM Punk, Monty Brown, The Briscoes, Teddy Hart, Paul London, etc. If we are talking about wrestlers: well...can't think of anyone who had the tools but couldn't put it together.

Most Overpushed: Garett Bischoff

Best PPV: BFG 2006

Worst PPV: Hardcore Justice (because of what it represented)

Best male Signing: Kurt Angle

Worse male signing: Garett Bischoff

Worse female Signing: Rosie Lottalove

Best female signing: Sarita

·
Banned
4,096 Posts

MVP- AJ Styles is TNA's God the same way Superman is of Nodqcaw
Worst Wrestler- Jenna Morasca
Best Tag Team- Americas Most Wanted
Worst Tag Team- The Johnsons for the gimmick alone
Best Knockout- Awesome Kong
Worst Knockout- Tessmacher
Best On Air Authority- Cornette/Matt Morgan
Worst On Air Authority-Hogan/Bischoff
Best Feud-Aj vs Raven vs Jarrett
Worst Feud- Pope vs Devon
Best Match- Does it really matter?
Worst Match- Jeff Hardy vs Sting from VR
Biggest Waste of Potential- Eric Young
Most Overpushed-Jeff Jarrett Garrett Madison Rayne Sting aByss (pick anyone you want

most disapointing angle- Abyss's past
best show- don't know
worst show-Lockdown 2012 maybe?

·
Banned
8,966 Posts
MVP - AJ Styles

Worst Wrestler - Garret Bischoff

Best Tag Team - AMW

Worst Tag Team - Sharkboy/Curryman/Super Eric

Best Knockout - Velvet Sky

Worst Knockout - Sirelda

Best On Air Authority - Vince Russo

Worst On Air Authority - Dusty Rhodes

Best Feud - Bobby Roode vs James Storm

Worst Feud - Garret Bischoff vs Eric Bischoff

Best Match - Styles vs Joe (Turning Point 2005)

Worst Match - Can't remember.

Biggest Waste of Potential - Monty Brown

Most Overpushed - Sting

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
MVP - AJ Styles
Carried TNA on his back when the company needed and now doesn't act like a diva to guys like roode, storm, austin aries, etc. Truly, in his own merit, a legend.

Worst Wrestler - Suicide
I'm still amazed how TNA pushed this guy as a videogame character, if the objective is to insult your fanbase intelligence why not go all the way and give us super mario.

Best Tag Team - MCMG
Worst Tag Team - Nasty Boys
Best Knockout - Gail Kim
Worst Knockout - That bitch from jersey shore
Best On Air Authority - Sting
Best Feud - Roode vs Storm
Worst Feud - Anything with orlando jordan on it
Best Match - AJ vs Daniels vs Joe
Worst Match - Any pole on a pole match
Biggest Waste of Potential - The Pope
Most Overpushed - RVD

·
Registered
4,512 Posts

MVP- AJ Styles is TNA's God the same way Superman is of Nodqcaw
Worst Wrestler- Jenna Morasca
Best Tag Team- Americas Most Wanted
Worst Tag Team- The Johnsons for the gimmick alone
Best Knockout- Awesome Kong
Worst Knockout- Tessmacher
Best On Air Authority- Cornette/Matt Morgan
Worst On Air Authority-Hogan/Bischoff
Best Feud-Aj vs Raven vs Jarrett
Worst Feud- Pope vs Devon
Best Match- Does it really matter?
Worst Match- Jeff Hardy vs Sting from VR
Biggest Waste of Potential- Eric Young
Most Overpushed-Jeff Jarrett Garrett Madison Rayne Sting aByss (pick anyone you want

most disapointing angle- Abyss's past
best show- don't know
worst show-Lockdown 2012 maybe?
In my opinion worse event in TNA history is probably D-X 2005.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
best show - BFG 07
worst show - anything during the dark period between 09/10.

·
Premium Member
44,440 Posts
MVP: AJ Styles, pretty much by default. He's been there from the beginning and has been a regular & important contributor at all levels ever since.

Worst Wrestler: Oh wow, that covers a lot of ground. Does anybody remember Trytan? Yeah, he was pretty awful. Try to imagine someone as green as Mason Ryan playing an Alien Warlord. That was Trytan.

Best Tag Team: Its down to either America's Most Wanted or Beer Money Inc for sure. They are two teams that really reignited my love for Tag Team Wrestling at various points in the last decade. I am going to go sentimental and pick America's Most Wanted as they were the duo that really established the core for the Tag Team Division. Plus the division was better overall when they were around. I guess you could argue that Beer Money did great with less to work with, but hey.

Worst Tag Team: Anyone remember Phi Delta Slam? They were pretty awful, but I have to give it to an early TNA gem, The Johnsons. Wrestling Penises. I don't even know what to say to that.

Best Knockout: Awesome Kong, mainly for being the most unique female performer to hit the scene in a long time. I basically called her the female version of Vader, and I feel that description is accurate. an

Worst Knockout: Rosie Lottalove Hey, you almost killed Daffney in your tryout match? HERE'S A JOB!!! I also have to say that Mickie Knuckles/Moose and Rhaka Khan are close behind.

Best On Air Authority: I would actually say Vince Russo. He was a lot more bearable than all the other ones where the storylines revolve around them.

Worst On Air Authority: Karen Angle, its bad enough we had Hogan & Bischoff playing evil boss at the top. Did we really need a bad gal running the Knockouts too?

Best Feud: There are quite a few good options here, but my pick is the AJ Styles Vs. Samoa Joe Vs. Christopher Daniels storyline that carried them from the second half of 2005 to about March of 2006. Fantastic matches and all weaved together in a great and well thought out storyline that highlighted all of them at their best.

Worst Feud: Quite a few options here as well. I am going to go with Chris Harris Vs. Black Reign which only served to destroy Harris in TNA and highlight one of the dumbest characters they've ever created.

Best Match: America's Most Wanted Vs. Triple X in Six Sides of Steel at Turning Point 2004, there are plenty of close runner ups, but this was an easy pick for me. This match had everything.

Worst Match: I think its Sting Vs. Jeff Hardy at Victory Road 2011 pretty much by default. I'm surprised TNA has been able to get past that quite honestly as that felt like it would be a company killer.

Biggest Waste of Potential: The major disappointment for me was Chris Harris. I saw him as a new age Bret Hart in the way he was presented, and to see what he eventually became was just sad to me. Monty Brown is a close second. He wasn't the most talented guy, but he had a character & presentation that clicked and I felt he should have gotten more.

Most Overpushed: There have been a lot of them in the last couple years or so. Rob Terry, Crimson, Garrett Bischoff, and Gunner Fucking Gunner all come to mind for me. I am actually going to go ahead and pick Gunner because while Bischoff is overpushed, I know the reasoning for it. Nepotism. But I for the life of me can not figure out Gunner. What is it about him that they like so much?! I don't get it!

Best Show: Bound for Glory 2007 was an absolutely outstanding show. It had everything and delivered in many different ways.

Worst Show: I actually have to think about that one for a bit. At the time, I thought Destination X 05 was an unforgivable piece of crap, but they've certainly topped it since then. I'm going to say Hardcore Justice 2010 because it was the ECW Reunion Show we never wanted, looked like crap, and was just a watered down version of the other reunion shows we've seen.

·
Banned
4,096 Posts
at all
I don't think you are qualified to post in this thread. Lockdown 2012 is the WORST? PPV IN COMPANY HISTORY? Not by a long shot.
the crowd was dead after they chanted for Aries and none of the matches got my attention except the main event, even then the match barely got going and didn't resolve much

if you follow my posts you know how i feel of the advertising of Rock vs Cena a whole year in advance dispite a whole year of shows inbetween, while not exactly like that it's obvious they want to drag Roode vs James

i dont like that James claims that he belives in friendship yet he was the one that turned on Wildcat

I liked Jeff Hardys Cage dive but thats it

·
Premium Member
44,440 Posts
Lockdown 2012 is nowhere near being the worst PPV in TNA history. Trust me. You don't know how deep the Rabbit hole goes.

Desitnation X 2005, Against All Odds 2009, Victory Road 2009, Victory Road 2011, and that's just to name a few.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts