Wrestling Forum banner

TJ Perkins Comes Back to ROH! (vs. Hero and Generico!)

1823 Views 21 Replies 20 Participants Last post by  RingoPlaysDrums

Coming off a show-stealing bout at “SoCal Showdown II” against Davey Richards, ROH officials immediately began negotiations to bring TJ Perkins back to Ring of Honor as soon as possible. Given his excellent outing in that bout, as well as two top shelf outings against Kyle O’Reilly at “Tag Title Classic II” and Colt Cabana at “Final Battle 2010", ROH management was eager to get Perkins back into the ROH ring immediately.

Well we are excited to announce that TJ Perkins will once again be in action for Ring of Honor on Friday March 18th at “Defy or Deny” in Plymouth, MA and at “Manhattan Mayhem IV” on Saturday March 19th in New York City! And what a pair of opponents ROH officials have on tap for Perkins…

First, in Plymouth, TJ Perkins will go toe-to-toe with one-half of the ROH World Tag Team Champions, “That Young Knockout Kid” Chris Hero! Both men heavily favor striking in their offense; Hero having the deadliest elbows in wrestling and Perkins with his vicious kicks, so it will be interesting to see how they pair off. Hero has a decisive size advantage while Perkins certainly has an edge when it comes to speed and quickness. How will it play out when the two combatants step into the ring?

Chris Hero offers his own thoughts on the match-up, “TJ Perkins, the youngest veteran in pro wrestling I’ve heard you called. You have seen the world, wrestled many of the greats, and hold the honor of being the youngest gaijin to ever fight for New Japan. But in all those travels, with all those accolades, TJ, you have never experienced a fighter like Chris Hero. So be wary when you hit the ring in Plymouth. These elbows will rock your skull, this boot will dislocate your jaw, and when you lay on the canvas, looking up at the blurry lights, trying to remember just where and when you are…TJ, then you will know what the entire wrestling world knows…Kings Reign Supreme!” Tickets for Plymouth are available here: http://www.rohstore.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=207.

After facing off against one of ROH’s World Champions in Plymouth, TJ Perkins will then head to NYC for “Manhattan Mayhem IV” where he will face off in a match many fans have requested, many of the ROH faithful had hoped to see: TJ Perkins vs. “The Generic Luchador” El Generico! Both men are quick on their feet, unorthodox in their technique, and will no doubt bring their A-Game in the Big Apple. Will Generico’s quest for a World Title rematch stay on track in NYC? Or will TJ Perkins derail that train in the Manhattan Center? Be there live March 19th to find out: http://www.rohstore.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=208!

Can TJ Perkins make this tour of ROH a successful one or will his anticipated return be spoiled by two of ROH’s elite? All we know is that the true winners of both these bouts will be the fans of Ring of Honor as they witness the best pound-for-pound wrestling on the planet!

-----

I love this; the weekend in general is so stacked. Can't wait for MMIV!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
154 Posts
Hey, if you wanna taste of just how smart of a match perkins can work with generico, track down their match from PWG's All Star Weekend 7 night 2. Aside from a slightly awkward tombstone spot on the apron, that match is just a perfect undercard contest.

· Banned
6,072 Posts
I want him in Atlanta.

· Banned
6,072 Posts
For Atlanta, I'd have him against Davey on Night 1 and either Strong or Daniels on Night 2.

· Banned
18,124 Posts
Damn, Manhattan has TJ/Generico and Davey/Daniels II (Pure Rules) now!

· Registered
3,306 Posts
God damn Hero vs. TJP could be the best thing ever. Hero playing the bully heel will add some charisma, which is the one thing that is usually lacking in TJP's matches. Yeah, pretty excited.

And yes, TJP vs. Generico should be fantastic. This is what a Manhattan Mayhem card should look like.

· Registered
975 Posts
Awesome. NYC is looking like one of the best ROH cards ever so far. Shame the Mania iPPV shows probably wont have cards as good on paper. Should both be awesome matches and yeah they need to get him for Atlanta too even if he's just in a undercard match.
Wow, best cards ever?? It's a great lineup, but to me it's a typical New York show. Final Battle 2010, Glory By Honor 9, Supercard of HOnor 5, and the 8th anniversary show are at least comparable.

I agree about the Mania IPPV's lineups probably won't be as good. I think a lot of people were looking forward to Roddy vs. Davey on the 2nd night; but instead we get WGTT vs. American Wolves. Which is a great match anyways.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.